• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

CozMick

Banned
Holy Crap!

This patch is getting better and fucking better.

No HUD
Save backups
Online Events
Online Car Dealerships
Mechanical damage offline

wow, WOW!

Mush

Someone over at GTplanet is claiming you get the CLK-GTR if you've completed the Intermediate AMG events!

Takes me back to GT4 days, all those hours of grinding the DTM championship for this car... :)

-viper-

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
My worst track is Nurburgring. I can't seem to memorize and predict what's coming next for that map. There isn't a lap that I finish flawlessly or fast.

What track people hate the most here anyways?
I'm awful at the Nurburgring. I always seem to spin out or get off track as there are so many blind corners. My car is bumpy as shit on that track too. :\

h3ro

Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

33kxhzb.jpg

krioto

-viper- said:
I'm awful at the Nurburgring. I always seem to spin out or get off track as there are so many blind corners. My car is bumpy as shit on that track too. :\

I've memorised it now - just kept doing laps in the Audi A4 touring car on the DTM championship extreme level - 83,000 credits a lap.

it's my 'grind' race - if laps of the nordschliefe can be called grinding - love it.

Mush

I'm really really excited now about the future of GT5. It's great to see that Kaz/PD is listening to the community and delivering.

Loudninja

SolidSnakex said:
Mechanical damage is now available for offline races. Also they added a Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge option.
Someone said the Mechanical damage is for practice mode, but that wouldn't make sense.

CozMick

Banned
Mush said:
I'm really really excited now about the future of GT5. It's great to see that Kaz/PD is listening to the community and delivering.

Exactly, because this generation it's either been one or the other.

amar212

SolidSnakex said:
I'm not sure how to check if it's PSN locked but it does seem like you can back up saves now.

Backup them on some USB stick.

Switch accounts.

Try to "copy/paste" them onto any other PSN ID account on your console.

Thanx in advance.

amar212 said:
Backup them on some USB stick.

Try to "copy/paste" them onto any other PSN ID account on your console.

Thanx in advance.

You're able to send it to another profile on your PS3, so wouldn't that be what you're talking about?

Mihku

Mush said:

Yes indeed, and in a very short timespan. Lots of developers can make you wait a few months to fix bugs or add some features. Can't wait to see what else they are working on!

Fuck yes! That is some awesome news rolling in. Soooooooo glad I can finally back up my saves. Massive relief. Looks like Ol' Kaz delivered the goods for once.

Fingers crossed to the point of breaking for online XP and Cr. when the servers go live!!!!!!!

Any word on G27 button mapping?

amar212

SolidSnakex said:
You're able to send it to another profile on your PS3, so wouldn't that be what you're talking about?

Damnit.

I was hoping they will PSNID-lock them.

This way it opens the Pandora's Box of 100% save files for interwebs usage.

But whatever.

I really hope we can save during endurance races. The save back up is a huge buffer for that, I will always back up before and after an enduro or B Spec binge but still, saving during a race is so convenient and smart.

Edit:
amar212 said:
Damnit.

But whatever.

I kind of feel your worry a bit but every other GT game to my knowledge had the 100% frenzy online and it never bothered me. Perhaps since I was never playing online in those games it masked it.

I look forward to being able to look at an online profile, see that they are clearly a 100% save file cheater, and the proceeding to smoke the shit out of them in a race because they never put the seat time in :D

amar212 said:
Damnit.

But whatever.
Not only that, but it'll be a matter of time before someone finds a glitch/exploit by messing with the save file. Grrrrr! Oh well, I don't care! :D

Oni Jazar

So...

Unlocked Saves
No HUD option
Mechanical Damage option in Offline
"Seasonal Events"
"Online Collector's Dealership"
Custom BGM for Menus
Rewinding on Replays

I said wow.

Mush

All we need now is custom soundtracks implemented from the XMB and