• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition Commercials

Emitan

Weird how it took them over a decade to make a Pokémon SRPG and they needed to pair it with some other franchise to do it.

Ultimadrago

RCJri.gif

Anth0ny

I'm hyped.

Although it's strange that it isn't coming out on 3DS, I'm happy at the same time. I get to import ^_^

TreIII

Easily the game I'm most looking to playing next month. I hope NOA won't pass this one up. Or if worse comes to worse, allow Koei themselves to translate it.

Edit:

Although it's strange that it isn't coming out on 3DS, I'm happy at the same time. I get to import ^_^

It was said a while ago that they've been working on this for the better portion of 3 years. Well before 3DS kits were sent out, more than likely.

I will rage so much if this doesn't get a US and/or PAL release. Thankfully the DS isn't region locked so if NoA decides to hate and NoE feels generous importing is an option.

TreIII

This. Pokémon SRPG sounds great. But... set in medieval Japan? Eh...

Well, remember, Koei originally proposed the idea of a "Pokemon Musou" originally. It was Nintendo that actually suggested they utilized the Nobunaga's Ambition brand, setting and make it into a strategy game.

RyanDG

So - just so I get this right... The Nobunga characters are simply the 'trainers' of the Pokemon and remain off field the entire time aside from providing some additional effects (similar to the COs in Advance Wars)?

This game has me oddly intrigued.

I realize the chances of this crossing the Pacific are somewhere between "zero" and "Mother 3", but here's hoping it makes a decent import. Pokemon Black/White wasn't region locked, iirc.

Alrus

Well, remember, Koei originally proposed the idea of a "Pokemon Musou" originally. It was Nintendo that actually suggested they utilized the Nobunaga's Ambition brand, setting and make it into a strategy game.

I would totally buy a Pokemon Musou game >.>

TreIII

So - just so I get this right... The Nobunga characters are simply the 'trainers' of the Pokemon and remain off field the entire time aside from providing some additional effects (similar to the COs in Advance Wars)?

Pretty much. And as the Generals level up, they seemingly "Promote" like Fire Emblem characters (there's scans out there that showcase them getting new outfits and etc.), even as the PKMN themselves level up and evolve as normal.

There also will be DLC episodic content, not unlike how things were handled in games like Pokemon Ranger.

Over 200 monsters, huh?

I've already got 4 of my favourites in. All I need are Togepi and Solosis and I will buy this. I've wanted samurai and Pokemon to combine FOREVER. (Even if the samurai don't have swords.)

The bewildering combination only manages to intrigue me further, this is the first time i've been interested in a pokemon spinoff since Snap.

So when's the NA release? ....guys?

I expect an announcement at E3 most likely. While it does seem iffy as to whether it will release here, Nintendo isn't afraid to show that they are a Japanese company anymore. I think they would've removed any mentioning of Japan or their culture out of their games if they thought they might be scaring off western fans. Also, Nintendo distributed Samurai Warriors 3 around the world, I think this has a higher chance of coming over.

Let's hope Nintendo is smart about this...it would sell a lot because everyone already has a DS and people with a 3DS can still play it as well.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Looks awesome for anyone who likes Pokémon and SRPGs. Looks incredible for anyone who likes Pokémon, SRPGs and games with historical Japanese settings!

GSR

Looks pretty cool, all things considered. Hopefully the gameplay is deep enough to stay interesting.

This looks like it might be hilarious. If it has a ridiculous, over-the-top story, day 1 purchase for me. (If it ever gets a local release.)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You can count the number of Pokémon games that weren't localized on one hand.

Green, Stadium 1, Card Game 2, Typing.

I think this has a decent shot of coming over.

Top Bottom