• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 coming to iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

Just saw this in the Steam thread:

Apparently a new message was added to Halo 2

Wsk1ssG.png

Video Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zsi4q2KDU4

To my knowledge, GFWL games don't run natively on Mac. Don't understand the iOS announcement, would make more sense for a Windows Phone release.

Could be interesting if it's done right (with MP and all). Gameloft has shown that first person shooters can and do work on iOS, and Microsoft generally puts a lot of care into their iOS games, so I'd imagine this could play fairly well, if it's real.

Grief.exe

Some context, here is what we were discussing when I stumbled upon that information

In case you guys are not aware, there is plenty of evidence pointing towards Halo Trilogy on Steam.

Steam Database Leak, all of which have been released, or essentially confirmed.
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo: Combat Evolved

Halo 2 PC Support initially cancelled, then extended to look for alternative options.

kWEepGX.png

Entries for Halo 3 shows up in AMD Beta Drivers.

<profile Area="UDX" Usage="Halo3" Notes="Halo3">
<value Property="Version">1</value>
<value Property="MTShaderCompile">False</value>
</profile>

<application Title="Halo3" File="halo3*.exe">
<use Area="UDX">Halo3</use>
</application>

Castleman

Banned
With iOS 7 on the horizon, and with my hopes that it will support my Wii U pro controller, this just might be a dream come true.

Malajax

Hopefully they'll all come to PC. It'll be cool to actually play through all of these having never owned a Microsoft console.

What a weird way to announce something like this, why wouldn't they make an office Press Release about it first before updating the Halo 2 message.

Very cool nonetheless, it'll be good to have the trilogy on PC.

Anyone have a general idea of when this is going to happen? Halo coming to Steam I mean.

Late this year? Next year? Whenever HL3 comes out?

Grief.exe

Anyone have a general idea of when this is going to happen? Halo coming to Steam I mean.

Late this year? Next year? Whenever HL3 comes out?

We should be hearing something within the month.

Evidence is pointing towards GFWL being shutdown to a certain extent.

Bioshock 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum both added Steam Achievements. Bioshock 2 and Arkham City are getting constant registry updates.

Ok this is interesting.

Both Bioshock 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum have had Steam Achievements added recently.

We've theorized that something is happening with GFWL based on both games having achievements added, but not activated, and Halo 2 having an 'alternative option' date set for June.

Well looking at the registry entry for Bioshock 2 and Batman Arkham City have shown some interesting parallels.

Batman Arkham City

branches/qa_beta/pwdrequired: 1
branches/qa_beta/buildid: 83116
branches/qa_beta/description: QA Beta Branch

branches/dev_beta/pwdrequired: 1
branches/dev_beta/buildid: 48322
branches/dev_beta/description: Development Beta

branches/test_update_1/buildid: 47988 › 46882

Bioshock 2

branches/digitalextremes/pwdrequired: 1
branches/2kgamesqa/pwdrequired: 1
branches/Public/buildid: 62169
branches/digitalextremes/buildid: 62169
branches/2kgamesqa/buildid: 62169
branches/2kgamesqa/description:
branches/digitalextremes/description

launch/1/executable: MP\Builds\Binaries\BioShock2Launcher.exe › MP\Builds\Binaries\Bioshock2Launcher.exe
launch/0/executable: SP\Builds\Binaries\BioShock2Launcher.exe › SP\Builds\Binaries\Bioshock2Launcher.exe

So both games, done by different studios and publishers have updated their test builds within the last few hours. Both are pushing QA and their own internal test builds through daily.

Something big is happening very soon.

Interesting to note that the Bioshock 2 updates have been farmed out to Digital Extremes, the same guys behind Warframe. I'm going to shoot them an email and see if they have any information.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, what will happen to those of us that own it through Games for Windows? Do we get a Steam copy or what if they do shut down that service and move it?

I mean I have a retail DVD right here but what happens to the CD-key that had to use Games for Windows for it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, what will happen to those of us that own it through Games for Windows? Do we get a Steam copy or what if they do shut down that service and move it?

I mean I have a retail DVD right here but what happens to the CD-key that had to use Games for Windows for it?

Either Microsoft asks you to purchase the game again or allows retail keys to register on Steam. The latter would be me guess as the former wouldn't sit too well.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Whoa. This was posted in the HolaGAF thread earlier

7rNTcYN.png

I don't know, this post refers at the "Reclaimer Saga" still as Trilogy, even if it was posted after Microsoft announced that it's not a trilogy anymore.
I mean, if he doesn't even get public informations right, I don't really trust his source. :lol

That said, never played any Halo,I just read that news once and didn't care much, so I might be wrong.

Hopefully they'll all come to PC. It'll be cool to actually play through all of these having never owned a Microsoft console.

Same.

Bioshock 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum both added Steam Achievements. Bioshock 2 and Arkham City are getting constant registry updates.

God, I hope they remove GFWL from both game, I want to replay Batman and buy Bioshock 2. :lol

Whoa. This was posted in the HolaGAF thread earlier

7rNTcYN.png
As much as I'd love to believe this, I just remember a few weeks ago when a gaffer posted all about how Retro was working on a new new franchise, Mario Kart 8 would just be a MK7 port, and Mario Retroverse would be announced.

Now this Halo stuff definitely sounds 1000% more likely than that stupid Nintendo e3 "leak", and all that Steam registry stuff makes it more likely still, but I'll avoid getting hyped.

Took me years to stop getting hyped about Half Life 3 rumors, so this should be a lot easier, haha.

But goddammit do I want to play Halo 3 in HD 60fps on my PC (or Oculous Rift in the future!). Looooooove that game!

wwm0nkey

Wonder if it will be removed from Dark Souls as well.

M3d10n

I wouldn't be surprised. IOS 7 looks so much like Windows Phone it's obvious MS and Apple are sharing a bed together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom