• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(PS3) Super Dimensional Game Neptune Screens & Info

icecream

Public Health Threat
2h72v4n.png

Title: Choujigen Game Neptune
Genre: J-RPG
Platform: Playstation 3
Release Date: Summer 2010
Developer: Compile Heart
Publisher/Marketing: Sega

Official Site

Story said:
In a fictional world called the Geimugyokai (Game industry), there exists two realms: the realm of the gods and the lower realm. In the realm of the gods, 4 beautiful goddesses reside over 4 separate continents. These goddesses possess the ability to transform from normal, cute little girls into anthropomorphications of gaming hardware. However, these 4 goddesses are constantly in fierce dispute over who is the superior console. Moreover, the number of citizens (read: market share) of each respective continent are the sole source of power for these goddesses. Thus, in order to increase the number of citzens on their respective continents, the 4 goddesses engage in a 'console war' to determine who is the fairest one of all.
The concept of the game is Anthropomorphication! × Moe! x Transformation!

The world:

The Innovative Purple Land ~ Planetume
2m296w2.jpg

Protector: Purple Heart (Neptune)
16h0nk6.png

The Grandoise Land of Green ~ Rinnebox
16c9o5c.jpg

Protector: Green Heart
j97gb4.png

The Heavy Black Land ~ Lastation
169mdqf.jpg

Protector: Black Heart
aw53mg.png

The Dreamy Land of White ~ Ruwii
34zkj1w.jpg

Protector: White Heart
9h2joz.png

Also, various game makers have been anthropomorphized as well. Can you guess who they are?
That was a rhetorical question
w9waox.png

Character Summon System
Disk/EDIT​
  • Disk summons game characters to aid Neptune, while the EDIT function utilizes the PS3's Photo Album to create a summon character.

Processor Unit​
  • Since Neptune is a game console, she can receive various parts upgrades to modify her appearance and abilities to the player's liking.

Combo Make System​
  • Customize your own skill set to make different combos.

Screenshots:
2dbjggj.jpg
1gieb.jpg

14mquxz.jpg
5l81ao.jpg

29ga5l.jpg
b8qy4i.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Now I can play console wars! :lol
I'd like to see some gameplay videos in the future though and see if this is worth importing, although I'll probably do so just for the concept.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The Wii girl's chest is flat...

Ah nevermind, I'll just follow this game.

Edit: Why is Sonyland so gloomy? :lol

Reknoc

I need to start reading thread names fully before clicking, saw (PS3) Super Dimensional and thought it would be Macross. Instead I see a bunch of anime cleavage.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I get the Green Color scheme (XBOX) and the all white one (Wii), but why are there two females with a black color scheme?

:/

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
~Devil Trigger~ said:
4 worlds

who's the 4th ?
They are all there.

The Innovative Purple Land ~ Planetume - Sega Neptune
The Grandoise Land of Green ~ Rinnebox - Xbox 360
The Heavy Black Land ~ Lastation - Playstation 3
The Dreamy Land of White ~ Ruwii - Wii

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
~Devil Trigger~ said:
4 worlds

who's the 4th ?

Obviously the one ruled by "Axple" :lol

EDIT: Fuuuu, I didn't read the whole OP.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Dresden said:
So the Wii is a loli, the Playstation is a tsundere, and the Xbox is a MILF?

Sonyland is the gloomiest while Microsoftland is the happiest if you look at those pics. :p

Hcoregamer00

InfiniteNine said:
They are all there.

The Innovative Purple Land ~ Planetume - Sega Neptune
The Grandoise Land of Green ~ Rinnebox - Xbox 360
The Heavy Black Land ~ Lastation - Playstation
The Dreamy Land of White ~ Ruwii - Wii

:eek:

I got it!!!

I had no idea why Sega was included, until I saw that Sega was the publisher. Oh yeah, LOL at the XBOX 360 having the buxom character and the Wii getting the girl with the small chest.

Dresden said:
So the Wii is a loli, the Playstation is a tsundere, and the Xbox is a MILF?

That is one crazy analogy for the current generation.

icecream

Public Health Threat
And in case anyone was curious... Neptune's Specs:

kbujgo.jpg

Processor: 6th Generation Multi-biochip Processor rated @ 512.16THz
CPU-dependent Memory: 6th Generation Neuronal Memory (120gn)
RAM: 8TBx16
GPU: SFHD-X7250
HDD: 8PBx4
Media Drive: 4x Purple-Ray Disc
Power: Self-generating unit (lifespan: 50 years)
Outputs: Various audio, visual and signal types are supported
Accessories: Brain-wave Controller x1, Socket x1
Additional Accessories Available for Purchase: 'Multi-tap' Socket

Acosta

Holy shit, I want this game!

From the video makers, I identify NIS (it's actually a clever design :lol) and Gust, I didn't recognise Namco until I saw the Pac-Man, but who is the second girl?

Edit: Confused NIS with Atlus :p

ULTROS!

Anyone wanna take a guess who these four girls are?

w9waox.png

From what I know, the first looks like Disgaea = NIS, the third is perhaps Compile Heart, and the fourth one looks like an Atelier something = Gust?

Hcoregamer00

Kagari said:
Count on NISA!

Yay, so it will be playable by the 4th patch?

All kidding aside, it is an interesting concept, but I can't see this wacky jappy game coming over to the states.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Acosta said:
Dreamcast is dead man, Neptune is the future of Sega now!
Sega should sell Neptune's to promote the game and have it be an all in one Genesis/CD/Saturn/Dreamcast solution.

Chromax said:
The first game company girl is NIS right? Looks like Laharl. I'm sure the 4th is Gust.
I'd say so since the demon wings pretty much confirm it.

androvsky

Kinda looks like the Mana Khemia battle system... man, if Idea Factory doesn't completely screw up the world map exploration like they did in Cross Edge, this looks like it could be a hell of a fun game.

And I'm betting on NISA for localization too. :)

Acosta

ULTROS! said:
Anyone wanna take a guess who these four girls are?

w9waox.png

From what I know, the first looks like Disgaea = NIS, the third is perhaps Compile Heart, and the fourth one looks like an Atelier something = Gust?

I thought the third was Namco for the Pac-Mans, could be? I think first one is NIS and last one is Gust too.

Varion

riceandbeans said:
Nice graphics, probably won't get a NA release though.
That's what everyone said when Cross Edge was announced, and when Agarest was announced, and when Trinity Soul was announced, and when Atelier Rorona was announced...

The niche publishers are doing pretty well these days, I don't doubt this'll get a US release eventually.

Not bought anything else from these guys, but I'll be following this one. Even if only for the Segagaga vibes and nice art.

Chromax

Acosta said:
I thought the third was Namco for the Pac-Mans, could be? I think first one is NIS and last one is Gust too.

Looks like a C instead of a Pac-Man to me. Also there's a heart. Who's the 2nd one anyways?

ULTROS!

icecream said:
If you must know...
Prinny Outfit= N1, Bland Girl=Ideaf, Loli=Gust, Girl w/ C-Purse=Compile Heart

Guess I got it except for the 2nd one. :p

Although I want to see Square Enix, Capcom, Namco Bandai, and Konami mockups.

androvsky

Hcoregamer00 said:
Yay, so it will be playable by the 4th patch?

All kidding aside, it is an interesting concept, but I can't see this wacky jappy game coming over to the states.

Even after Cross Edge, NISA's bringing over Trinity Universe, and this is looking much more promising (and interesting to westerners) than either of those two.

Hcoregamer00

ULTROS! said:
Guess I got it except for the 2nd one. :p

Although I want to see Square Enix, Capcom, Namco Bandai, and Konami mockups.

That would be pretty interesting....

androvsky said:
Even after Cross Edge, NISA's bringing over Trinity Universe, and this is looking much more promising (and interesting to westerners) than either of those two.

The fact that people are not mocking the thread like crazy automatically makes it promising :p

Top Bottom