• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf 2012 Backlog Blitz - Where we give the middle finger to Steam sales

These indie bundles are dangerous padding for the backlog.

Do you really want to play all of them? I have bought all of the humble bundles, and 2 of the royal indie bundles, but after trying a bunch of the games, I only really want to play 4-5 of them, So I don´t count the rest against my backlog.

vall03

Do you really want to play all of them? I have bought all of the humble bundles, and 2 of the royal indie bundles, but after trying a bunch of the games, I only really want to play 4-5 of them, So I don´t count the rest against my backlog.

same here, I didn't include a few of the games from these indie bundles in my backlog. Will do the same once I start playing some of them and end up not liking them. So far, Ive ignored the bundles this year.

Glaurungr

I put in all games I acquire in my backlog, even free games and DLC, since if I was going to pick and choose I would probably not have played some games I really enjoyed, such as Trine, Aquaria, the Blackwell games, Shank, and so on. With the amount of games I have, and buy, I guess it's just easier to add them all.

I have a question, though. How do you guys deal with multiplayer only games? Do you keep them out of your backlog altogether, set a goal for how many hours you need to play until you're "done", or what?

guest1321

I put in all games I acquire in my backlog, even free games and DLC, since if I was going to pick and choose I would probably not have played some games I really enjoyed, such as Trine, Aquaria, the Blackwell games, Shank, and so on. With the amount of games I have, and buy, I guess it's just easier to add them all.

I have a question, though. How do you guys deal with multiplayer only games? Do you keep them out of your backlog altogether, set a goal for how many hours you need to play until you're "done", or what?

for me those games (along with other games that don't really have an end [minecraft]) are done when I feel I have played as much as I ever will. I usually don't jump to call it beaten since I'll find myself going back to it later. "whenever you feel like it" isn't really the best answer, but at the same time it is.

Brick

I like this. I've had way too much in my backlog these past few years.

Bought: -8
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
  • Space Pirates and Zombies
  • Ico (I'm counting these as separate)
  • Shadow of the Colossus (I'm counting these as separate)
  • Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
  • Gears of War 3

Finished: +2
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Gear of War 2

Total score: -6

I blame my lack of progress solely on Star Wars: The Old Republic.

So far this has actually worked for me.

I still have only bought one game this year but only beaten one more game. Kings Bounty Crossroads. (not that good to be honest)

I replay old games quite a bit so that is one big factor.

Gone from my last post at 2 points to 3.

I keenly feel the urge to pick up quite a few titles but so far I am succeeding in holding back. No lack of games to play thats for sure.

first post in this thread but I've been following for a while.

backlog:
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Dead Island
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Empire: Total War
Metro 2033
The Binding of Isaac

currently playing:
witcher
misadventures of PB winterbottom

Future Purchases 2012
mass effect 3
witcher 2
dear esther

LosDaddie

Banned
Got all 120 stars in Mario Galaxy 1 last night. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. A couple of the Purple Coin stars were tough, though.

And tonight I'm fighting Bowser again and seeing what this special surprise it for getting 120 stars.

This was before the Vita launch:
SZSvo.png

This is how it looks now:
dMBdY.png

Added the following games to the backlog:
• Super Stardust Delta
• Everybody's Golf
• Asphalt Injection
• Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
• Rayman Origins
• Lumines: Electric Symphony
• Cliff Diving
• Table Football
• Fireworks

Completed:
• Crysis

Brashnir

I really want to contribute to this thread, but I'm scared to actually work out my backlog list. I fear it will be far too mammoth.

You don't need to post the entire list, or even think about it.

The whole point of this thread is picking an arbitrary date and trying to make progress on the backlog from that point forward. The thread was started for the beginning of the year, but now that we're almost two months in, you can just start from today or whichever date you like.

Bebpo

Banned
Bought in 2012:
1. Castlevania LoS
2. Sonic & SEGA All-Star Racing
3. Ghost Trick iOS
4. Gundam G Generation World
5. Beyond the Labyrinth
6. Resident Evil: Revelations
7. Super Robot Wars: OG Saga Lord of Elemental II
8. Professor Layton 5
9. Gundam The 3d Battle
10. Tales of Innocence R
11. Uncharted Golden Abyss
12. Hot Shots Golf 6
13. Wipeout 2048
14. Little Deviants
15. Super Stardust Delta + DLC pack
16. Escape Plan
17. Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND
18. Twisted Metal
19. Lumines Electric Symphony
20. Touch my Katamari
21. Good People Die

Cleared in 2012:
1. Dead Space Extraction
2. Uncharted 3
3. Rock of Ages
4. Orcs Must Die
5. Saints Row The Third
6. Outland
7. Final Fantasy Type 0
8. Renegade Ops
9. RAGE

Finished RAGE, bought 3ds/Vita games, went from +6 to -12 from which I will probably never recover from in 2012 :(

Murkas

Backloggery

Update:

Finished Red Faction: Guerilla, Alice: Madness Returns, and Inazuma Eleven.

Red Faction: Game was fun and the destruction physics were nice, had a great time bashing things down with a hammer.

Alice:Madness Returns: Loved everything about this game! One of the most refreshing games I've played this gen, easily one of my favourites this gen. I regret not playing it sooner.

Inazuma Eleven: Same reaction as Alice, I loved how everything from the moves to the story was just over the top. The first game from this challenge that I will continue playing after finishing it. Looking forward to the sequels when they get released in EU.

I've decided to remove Alice 1 from my list, I just can't get into it, I don't think it has aged well.

Games I bought in 2012 so far
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles -1
Final Fantsy 9 -1
RayMan Origins Vita -1
WipEout 2048 -1

Games Finished in 2012
InFAMOUS 2 +1
Mario Kart 7 +1
Starfox 3D +1
Hard Reset +1
Bastion +1
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles +1
New Super Mario Bros Wii +1
Saints Row The third +1
Serious Sam HD First Encounter +1
Zelda Spirit Tracks +1
Red Faction Guerilla +1
Alice Madness Returns +1
Inazuma Eleven +1

Score so far= 9

Currently Playing
Torchlight
Vita games when the damn unit arrives.

ghibli99

Still slow going here as I make my way through P3P (35 hours) and Skyward Sword (20 hours). This system makes me want to build up my score by playing some short games.

Which got my thinking that it'd be interesting to have a system that took into consideration purchase price and all-in playtime to "weight" values. Not sure how the hell that'd work, but it doesn't seem right for me to finish a $2 iOS game in a few hours or take 80 hours to finish a $60 JRPG and receive a -1/+1 all the same.

In the end, this thread has saved me money, made me scrutinize every purchase, and focus on what I already own, so it's already a success.

Arukado

Updated: 02/03/12

Purchased in 2012: -6
Ridge Racer Type 4
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Ace Combat Joint Assault
Infamous Festival Of Blood
Wipeout 2048
Motorstorm RC

Beaten in 2012: +7
Infamous Festival Of Blood
Sonic 4 Episode I
Wipeout Pulse + 4 DLC
Ridge Racer Type 4
Ace Combat Joint Assault
Wipeout 2048
Motorstorm RC

Total: +1

Currently Playing:
Oblivion GOTY
Child Of Eden
Mass Effect 2
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Wipeout 2048

Update:

Bought in 2012: -1

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Steam)

Finished in 2012: +9

Bastion (Steam)
Hydrophobia: Prophecy (Steam)
Resident Evil 5 (Steam)
Trine (Steam)
Zeno Clash (Steam)
Braid (Steam)
Metro 2033 (Steam)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Steam)
Halo: Reach (360)

Total: +8

Netto-kun

Update

- Finished Sora no Kiseki SC and Sora no Kiseki the 3rd.
- Bought and finished Super Mario Land in 50 minutes or so.
- Also bought Pullblox (and beaten).
- Played Dead Nation co-op with a friend and finished that as well.
- Playing through Zero no Kiseki at the moment.

Games bought in February:
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition (DSiW)
Super Mario Land (VCH)
Pullblox (3DSDL)

Games beaten in February:
Street Fighter IV Volt (iOS)
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki SC (PSP)
The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki the 3rd (PSP)
Super Mario Land (VCH)
Dead Nation (PSN)
Pullblox (3DSDL)

Current score: +4

January
Bought: 3
Beaten: 8
January score: +5

stupei

Since gaming is kind of a means of relaxing after a stressful work day, I allow myself the freedom to play whatever I'm in the mood for. So currently I have a crazy amount of games that are in progress but unfinished. I have, however, been trying to focus primarily on my backlog without buying too many new things and concentrate on a smaller group of games until completion. (Got the first ending on 999 and am really moving through that one now.)

Now that I've made my excuses, here's where I stand.

Bought: -4

• Sakura Samurai
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Resident Evil: Revelaitons
  • Rhythm Heaven Fever

Finished: 0

• :(

Playing:

• Final Fantasy III
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Dark Souls
  • Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Current Total: -4

Posting now because there's a good chance I'm going to cave and get SSX, so maybe this will strengthen my resolve.

Doubtful, though.

Brashnir

Still slow going here as I make my way through P3P (35 hours) and Skyward Sword (20 hours). This system makes me want to build up my score by playing some short games.

Which got my thinking that it'd be interesting to have a system that took into consideration purchase price and all-in playtime to "weight" values. Not sure how the hell that'd work, but it doesn't seem right for me to finish a $2 iOS game in a few hours or take 80 hours to finish a $60 JRPG and receive a -1/+1 all the same.

In the end, this thread has saved me money, made me scrutinize every purchase, and focus on what I already own, so it's already a success.

I did think about that when starting the thread, but the idea really isn't about competitive scoring so much as making progress, however incremental, on our backlogs.

In the end, if you want to give more points for completing an 80-hour RPG than an 8-hour FPS, you would also have to count the 80-hour game for 10x as many points when adding it to your backlog. In the end, it really comes out the same. You can always add a note to your list as you post it with a cumulative time total for all the games you've finished. I may even start doing that myself.

One of the interesting features of howlongtobeat.com is that it will give you a time estimate for each game, and one for your entire backlog, which may not be perfectly accurate for your own gaming style, but it's still an interesting barometer. (It can also be soul-crushing if you dump your entire backlog in there, which is why I'm only adding games as I buy them or start playing them from my backlog)

ghibli99

I did think about that when starting the thread, but the idea really isn't about competitive scoring so much as making progress, however incremental, on our backlogs.

In the end, if you want to give more points for completing an 80-hour RPG than an 8-hour FPS, you would also have to count the 80-hour game for 10x as many points when adding it to your backlog. In the end, it really comes out the same. You can always add a note to your list as you post it with a cumulative time total for all the games you've finished. I may even start doing that myself.

One of the interesting features of howlongtobeat.com is that it will give you a time estimate for each game, and one for your entire backlog, which may not be perfectly accurate for your own gaming style, but it's still an interesting barometer. (It can also be soul-crushing if you dump your entire backlog in there, which is why I'm only adding games as I buy them or start playing them from my backlog)
Thanks for the feedback. This was more from the perspective of a completely different idea of time investment/value vs. purchase price. A game bought for $60 that takes 80 hours would have a different overall weight than the same game bought for $10 that takes the same amount of time. In that system, someone burning hundreds of hours per month on a $15 MMO subscription could play along, or folks spending $20 on a 15 game bundle on Steam and finishing most or all of them would be in great shape!

There's probably no truly fair way to do it, but it was just an idea that popped in my head. I like that this thread is *not* focused on competition (except with perhaps ourselves), and rather on completing games we already own. So for that, I'm very thankful. Now if you'll excuse me, it looks like I still have another 50 hours and 140 floors to go in P3P before I get my +1. ;)

Brashnir

Thanks for the feedback. This was more from the perspective of a completely different idea of time investment/value vs. purchase price. A game bought for $60 that takes 80 hours would have a different overall weight than the same game bought for $10 that takes the same amount of time. In that system, someone burning hundreds of hours per month on a $15 MMO subscription could play along, or folks spending $20 on a 15 game bundle on Steam and finishing most or all of them would be in great shape!

There's probably no truly fair way to do it, but it was just an idea that popped in my head. I like that this thread is *not* focused on competition (except with perhaps ourselves), and rather on completing games we already own. So for that, I'm very thankful. Now if you'll excuse me, it looks like I still have another 50 hours and 140 floors to go in P3P before I get my +1. ;)

A 50-hour dent in your backlog is not a trivial thing, even if it only amounts to +1. I've been thinking of picking up P3, but the time investment required is staggering. Though I do still have to finish up with Skyrim - maybe I'll do that next.

kyubajin

Damn, things aren't looking particularly good :(

Bought in 2012: 8

January
Doom 3 (Mac)
Dungeon Siege III (PS3)
Aliens vs Predator (PS3)
Final Fantasy VI (PSOne Classics)
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection (PSN) -> does this count? I've beaten all three games countless times during my life

February
Alice: Madness Returns (PS3)
Minecraft (Mac)
RAGE Anarchy Edition (PS3)

Completed in 2012: 1
Outland (PSN)

Current Score: -7

Currently Playing:
DOOM 3 (Mac) <--- about to finish it!
Final Fantasy VI (PSOne Classics)
Minecraft (Mac)

My backloggery, feel free to befriend me there :)

ghibli99

A 50-hour dent in your backlog is not a trivial thing, even if it only amounts to +1. I've been thinking of picking up P3, but the time investment required is staggering. Though I do still have to finish up with Skyrim - maybe I'll do that next.
I really like playing P3P on PSP since I can just jump in and out whenever I have time... not being tied to my TV is something not to be underestimated with this game. Guess that's why I might just wait (forever) for P4: The Golden on Vita.

I beat Alan Wake's American Nightmare.

Sucks that your total doesn't really budge if you buy a game and then beat it, I wanna see that number count up!

Puts me back at +7, for now

Beat: (+8)
1. LA Noire: Complete Edition
2. Shadows of the Damned
3. Uncharted 3
4. Kinect Adventures
5. No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
6. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
7. Duke Nukem Forever
8. Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Bought: (-1)
1. Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Backlog now at: 25
http://backloggery.com/gryphter

Up Next: Outland (360)

Ha, I finished Baldur's Gate 2 this morning. A playthrough ten years in the making. Took me about a month or so. Moving on to the expansion pack now. And I still haven't bought a single game this year.

So now I'm at +10. Pretty, pretty good.

Purchased 2012: -3 pts
-9 Hours 9 Doors 9 Persons
-Rayman Origins
-Megaman X Collection

Beaten 2012: 1 pt
-Jak 2

Backlog: OH SHIT
DS:
-The World Ends With You
-9 Hours 9 Doors 9 Persons
-The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
-Mario and Luigi Partners in Time

PS3:
-Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction
-Resistance
-Resistance 2
-Uncharted Drake's Fortune
-Valkyria Chronicles
-Rayman Origins
-Bayonetta
-Demon's Souls
-God of War 3
-Rage

PC:
-Dead Space 2
-Darksiders
-Amnesia
-Back to the Future
-The Binding of Isaac
-Bone
-Company of Heroes
-Dues Ex
-Dungeons of Dredmor
-F.E.A.R.
-F.E.A.R. 2
-GTA San Andreas
-Hector
-Hitman Blood Money
-Just Cause 2
-Max Payne
-Max Payne 2
-On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness
-Puzzle Agent
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
-Sam and Max Seasons 1-3
-Star Wars Jedi Knight 2
-Strong Bad
-Super Meat Boy
-Tales of Monkey Island
-Torchlight
-Total War Shogun 2
-Trine
-Wallace and Gromit
-Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War 2 Retribution
-The Witcher
-The Witcher 2

PS2:
-Silent Hill 2
-Beyond Good and Evil
-Okami
-Bully
-Ratchet 2
-Ratchet 3
-Megaman X Collection
-Sly 2
-Sly 3
-FFXII
-FFX
-Devil May Cry 3
-Shadow of the Colossus
-God of War
-God of War 2
-Dragon Quest 8

GC:
-Zelda Orcarina of Time Master Quest
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Metroid Prime
-Resident Evil 4
-Zelda Wind Waker

In bold are games I have beaten

I've got a lot of work to do

ghibli99

*Almost* started cheating the system a bit today... started working through my Steam backlog (82 games, and I'm only played/beaten maybe 10%), playing Aaaaa! and 123 Kick it. Both games weren't really my thing after about 15 minutes each, so I stopped. Was going to count them, but decided against it. So I added a new section to my post where I show games that I've played but am not counting towards my total for one reason or another.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Update

Bought in 2012: 6
Lume
W40k DoW2: Chaos Rising
W40k DoW2: Retribution
W40k Space Marine
Yakuza 4
Zeno Clash

Completed in 2012: 6
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PC, 23h)
Mass Effect 2 (PC, 29h)
Portal 2 (PC, 5.5h)
Bastion (PC, 4.5h)
Saints Row: The Third (PC, 15h)
W40k Space Marine (PC, 6.5h)

Current Score: 0

League of Legends is taking up too much of my time :(

bought 2012:
disgaea 4
atelier totori
super mario 3ds
dqm joker 2
tales of the abyss 3ds
zelda 3ds
yakuza 4
sciv
ffxiii-2

finished so far:
y's 7
god eater burst

Bebpo

Banned
Bought in 2012:
1. Castlevania LoS
2. Sonic & SEGA All-Star Racing
3. Ghost Trick iOS
4. Gundam G Generation World
5. Beyond the Labyrinth
6. Resident Evil: Revelations
7. Super Robot Wars: OG Saga Lord of Elemental II
8. Professor Layton 5
9. Gundam The 3d Battle
10. Tales of Innocence R
11. Uncharted Golden Abyss
12. Hot Shots Golf 6
13. Wipeout 2048
14. Little Deviants
15. Super Stardust Delta + DLC pack
16. Escape Plan
17. Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND
18. Twisted Metal
19. Lumines Electric Symphony
20. Touch my Katamari
21. Good People Die

Cleared in 2012:
1. Dead Space Extraction
2. Uncharted 3
3. Rock of Ages
4. Orcs Must Die
5. Saints Row The Third
6. Outland
7. Final Fantasy Type 0
8. Renegade Ops
9. RAGE
10. Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Total for 2012 = -11. Improving!

The trek through short games continues!

I beat Outland (360)

Puts me at +8, for now

Beat: (+9)
1. LA Noire: Complete Edition
2. Shadows of the Damned
3. Uncharted 3
4. Kinect Adventures
5. No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
6. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
7. Duke Nukem Forever
8. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
9. Outland

Bought: (-1)
1. Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Backlog now at: 24
http://backloggery.com/gryphter

Hmm, what to play next. Gotta keep em short so I can play Mass Effect 3 on Day 1 without being in the middle of anything. I'm thinking either God of War Origins Collection or Breath of Death VII.

Polk

Update:

Bought: 0
Beaten: 5
Score: +5

Beaten:
Cave Story + (PC)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC)
Deadly Premonition (360)
John Woo Presents Stranglehold (360)
Stacking (360)

Geoff9920

Previous Total: 1

Purchased: -1
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Completed: +2
Gears of War 3
Red Faction: Armageddon

New Total: 2

I mentioned this in another thread, but Red Faction: Armageddon has to be one of the most underrated games of last year. The magnet gun is by far my favorite weapon in the game and has to be one of the best weapon ideas since the gravity gun on HL2. Plus you get a modern take on Descent as an added bonus.
Completed: +2

Back to the Future: Episode 3 - Citizen Brown
Hard Reset - Not nearly as mindless a shorter as it would appear at first glance. A shooter that doesn't hold my hand? Upgrades that force me to consider what I'll need in the future and aren't just a pointless treadmill? Crowd control in an FPS? Add in a huge variety of weapons (10 - each with it's own Alt Fire mode) and some smart old school design and you get what turns out to be a very nice surprise. I'll have to replay this when the Extended Edition comes to steam. (We are getting this as a free update, right? RIGHT? I'm lookin' at you Flying Wild Hog.)

New Total: 4

Brashnir

Another one down. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - 8 hours.

I went in not knowing if I'd like this one or not. I didn't especially like Heavenly Sword, but this got pretty good review scores, so I waited until I got it at a bargain price before picking it up.

In the end, I ended up liking it a bit more than I expected. I really liked the game's "pretty apocalypse" aesthetic. It stood out from the typical brown apocalypse, and helped give weight to the notion that this was a world worth saving for humanity. While I didn't especially like Monkey as a character, I did find both Trip and Pigsy to be reasonably likable. The story, while being pretty cliche and kind of dumb at times, served as just enough motivation to keep going through the game.

Mechanically, I definitely didn't love the game, but didn't hate it either. The melee combat was OK, and there was just enough depth to the encounters to make them satisfying. The combination of shielded enemies, flawed enemies that can be used to your advantage with takedowns, and a handful of different enemy types kept the melee engaging, and the two different ranged attack types added a couple more useful tools to Monkey's arsenal. Seeing as you spent about a third of the game hitting stuff with a stick, it's good that the combat was at least somewhat entertaining.

The platforming and traversal area of the game, on the other hand, is less well-implemented. The platforms and handholds you move from are a little bit too sticky and "no-fail," except for a couple moments when scenery crumbles out from under you. These sections basically play like a broken/boring Prince of Persia game. The occasional segments where you ride your "Cloud" (aka Hoverboard) are a bit better, since you actually have to time your jumps to hit them. The Cloud chase sequences are a bit trial-and-error oriented, but I found that to be a welcome break from the game's normal platforming sequences.

There are a few other quirky things about the traversal that I found especially annoying. First - in several instances, I knew where I had to go, and I stood in the same place hitting the jump button 3 or 4 times before Monkey would stop doing a dodge roll and jump up (or down) to the next platform. Second - The camera is set up in such a way that it sort of guides you to the correct path forward. This is fine, but there are some spots, where the camera flips nearly 180 degrees, so if you're holding up to run forward, the camera will flip and now your up is interpreted as running back the way you came. There were a couple spots where I found I could hold one direction and it would keep flipping the scene back and forth indefinitely until I stopped and slowly walked through the switch point.

It's also not always obvious which direction the game wants you to press to get to the next handhold or platform in the traversal puzzles. The camera might be set at a diagonal angle to the wall you're on, and hitting up will work just fine for the first two moves along the wall, while the third one requires you to his left. It's not a big deal, since the wrong input won't kill you, but it's annoying having to sometimes figure out which input the game wants to move you forward to the next obvious platform.

There are a couple traversal puzzles that managed to be fun and clever in the middle of the game, so this mechanic wasn't a complete waste, but it could have been a much better part of the game if designed a little better.

I didn't love Enslaved, but I didn't hate it either. It makes me wonder if I should go back and give Heavenly Sword a second try. It's still sitting unfinished in my backlog.

Overall Score - 3/5

I'm at +3 for the year now - 11:8.

These indie bundles are dangerous padding for the backlog. I still haven't beaten all the games from the first Humble Bundle, but I'm getting closer now that Lugaru HD (frustrating at times, but very interested in Overgrowth now) and Samorost 2 (love the aesthetics) have been taken care of. Only Gish and Penumbra: Overture left now!

I dont include the indie bundle games in my backlog, I typically have no intent of ever playing them and basically see it as a donation to Childs Play

tim.mbp

Bought: 0

Completed: 9
1. Kirby Mass Attack
2. Okamiden
3. Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!
4. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
5. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All
6. Pushmo
7. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
8. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
9. 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure

Just beat 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure.

Score: +9

Up Next: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

zeelman

Finished +4
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat
Gears of War 2
Modern Warfare 3 (360)
Skyrim (PC)

Bought -6
Breath of Fire 3 PSP
Crysis 2
Xenoblade
Tales of Graces F
Growlanser: Wayfairer of Time
White Knight Chronicles 2
Dungeon & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection

Total -2

Probably going to be -3 later this week if I decide to get Gotham City Imposters.

Kerrinck

Update:
+9

Bought in 2012:
Tales of The Abyss (3DS)

+10
Beaten in 2012:
Ghost Trick (DS)
Star Ocean Second Departure (PSP)
God of War 2 (PS3)
Arcania Gothic 4 (Steam)
Deus Ex Human Revolution (Steam)
Lunar Silver Star Harmony (PSP)
Sonic Generations (Steam)
Dead Island (Steam)
Super Meat Boy (Steam)
Plants vs Zombies (Android)

Next on the list:
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Legend of Heroes (the crappy one)

mshlive

A bit of an update from me after slacking for a while.

Bought (-1):
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3) - This was really something I couldn't wait for so I asked my girlfriend to get it me for Valentines. I've already made good progress towards the MGS2 Platinum so hopefully this shouldn't be sat on my backlog for too long.

Beaten (+4):
Ico HD (PS3)
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)
God of War III (PS3)
Half-Life 2 (360) - Finally finished my first full playthrough and can't believe it's took me this long. Such an impressive game considering it's age and now I can't wait to get stuck into Episode 1 & 2. I also got all the achievements along the way which is an added bonus.

Total (+3)
Like I said I'm looking at getting MGS2 done, but now I'm not sure what else to play. I think I'll try to finish Bastion & Rage this week as I'm right at the end so that should boost my backlog blitz.

neoemonk

I really like this idea of just keeping to 2012, because I'm buried in games from Steam sales/Humble Bundles like a lot of other people. I'll throw my hat in the ring later on today when I get home.

Edit:

Bought (-7)
PSP
Persona 2: Innocent Sin

3DS
Super Mario 3D Land
Devil Survivor Overclocked
Tale of the Abyss

PS3
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Gran Turismo 5
Mass Effect 2 (for the DLC)

Finished (+1)
PC
BioShock

Total: (-6)

Damn. I need to get going. My 3DS got sent in for repair so I won't see that for a while.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Alright, I'm in, starting with 2012 purchases/completions. Xbox 360 is my main platform, and I have 27 games in my backlog for it (most of which are still sealed), so I'll mostly be tackling those. I think I can make some progress with this — looking ahead at upcoming releases, 2012 looks like it'll have far fewer must-haves than recent years. I even specifically told myself that SSX would be my last new game purchase for a (hopefully) long time, so let's see how I do.

Bought two
SSX

Beat one

SCORE = (-1)

zkylon

zkylewd
Let's see.

Bought: -1
Icewind Dale 2

Beat: +5
Blackwell Legacy (liked)
Blackwell Unbound (meh)
Blackwell Convergence (disliked)
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (disliked)
LIMBO (liked)

So +4. Nice

Top Bottom