• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achievements for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas appear on Xbox 360

Xbox Achievements said:
It looks like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is heading to Xbox 360, possibly in a remastered form and perhaps rather soon, if the emergence of the game's achievement list is an indication. It's the 10th anniversary of the Xbox and PlayStation 2 title this month, so the timing seems apt.

The achievement list has arrived on this very site - you can view it here - and points to some of the game's unique features like working out at the gym. You could also eat burgers and chicken to make protagonist CJ fat and slow, which was fun but kinda pointless.

Rockstar has yet to officially announced Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for Xbox 360, and other platforms could also be in the pipeline. Of course, the game had been available on the Xbox Live Marketplace as an Xbox Original, but never remastered and with achievements.

Link|Cheevo list

Worth noting the Xbox Classics version has been pulled from Xbox Live Marketplace on Xbox 360 too.

(EDIT: And PS2 Classics too on PSN - see post below)

Game is pulled from EU PSN too (PS2 version)

Seems to be legit

(EDIT: And PC too, it seems)

There were some recent updates to the steam registry which pointed toward an updated version coming, so it would seem like it's probably hitting everywhere.

It is the game's tenth anniversary in the US on Sunday and in Europe/UK next Wednesday so...announcement in the next week?

Considering the scope of the game, I doubt it'll be remastered in any meaningful way. Though there's currently no ideal way to play it, so even if they just have it at a HD resolution at 60fps, I'll be happy.

Corpekata

Banned
There were some recent updates to the steam registry which pointed toward an updated version coming, so it would seem like it's probably hitting everywhere.

Nzyme32

The PC version of GTA SA has been getting some pretty regular testing with new beta depots spotted. Not sure what is happening there. One of the early betas was briefly not password protected and a gaffer found it to have xinput and proper widescreen support. Also some music licencing issues are being dealt with, as had occured with Vice City. Seems old owners may get to keep the old music, but new users won't.

Will be interesting to see what is happening on 360.

Can't wait to hang out with everyone's favourite GTA character ever, sweet Johnson. Such a fun loving happy character.

... Also iv just realised after all these years that sweet Johnson's name is basically nice dick....

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Will buy this if it hits current gen. Not buying a last gen port of a last last gen game.

dreamfall

Definitely IN! I hope it's the remastered classic version that they ported to Mobile with higher era texture work! Who knows!

clockpunk

Sweeeet! I never got round to getting too far through the story back in the day, so will be really nice to see what all the praise was about.

I still wish purchasable fast food for insta-health was a thing in GTA V, though.

Hmm. I'd maybe consider re-buying it, but honestly I'd like the controls to see a bit of work first. I imagine the on-foot stuff will feel incredibly dated next to the TPSs we're used to nowadays, including GTAV.

Rlan

Honestly, about time. With GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas ported over to the iPhone and iPad, clearly this game is in the hands of developers who can actually do stuff with it - like extra controls, achievements and widescreen support. It's been super dumb that it's not come over to consoles.

Also see GTA Chinatown Wars, Sonic 1 & 2 remakes, Final Fantasy / Dragon Quest remakes..

holy shit- CJ!!!?
GTA-San-Andreas%20-Yoshi-mod-nintendo-1384900610f.gif

lon-fall-san-andreas-o.gif

An-Det

Beta version on Steam is exactly that. (Some people got to opt in before they passworded it.)

That's awesome. I've had awful luck getting my 360 controller to work properly with the game in the past, so proper support would be great so I can finally do a replay.

Firecrest

San Andreas was the only modern GTA I haven't beaten yet, so this is welcomed as long as it hits current gen too.

Part of me also wishes VC was coming alongside it. I loved the '80s atmosphere and voicework in that game.

Komo

Banned
Kind of expecting it to just be an update with the mobile port's features.
Updated UI, slightly better effects, etc. I'd still be happy with that, though!

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
The PC version of GTA SA has been getting some pretty regular testing with new beta depots spotted. Not sure what is happening there. One of the early betas was briefly not password protected and a gaffer found it to have xinput and proper widescreen support. Also some music licencing issues are being dealt with, as had occured with Vice City. Seems old owners may get to keep the old music, but new users won't.

DAY ONE.

Unless they redo texture and models (ala Halo Anniversary) I am not really interested. PC version can already do HD so what can they reasonably add?

Top Bottom