• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

A manga about girl showing you her panties while making a disgusted face 1

U57PNKI.jpg

the realest of titles

gintama 521

This battle really is just a giant character reunion.

I don't know if I'd classify myself as a professor with a virus cannon between my legs though.

Mousou Telepathy 121 - 134

I really didn't expect Mana to become a likable character the way she has been, and how Hayato has kinda been pushed aside.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Golden Kamuy latest
Been a while since i last saw adult penis in a manga (not including h manga of course). That is one small censor bar. I lost it when Shiraishi start fapping to a shitty picture.

Kaguya 51
Oh boy, the birthday party is totally going to be ruined by Fujiwara

Revo

Alice in Borderland 59

Well I'm glad it didn't go down a stupid route.
Even when I don't think this series would do it, you just never know anymore.

Alice in Borderland 59

Queen of Hearts is such a troll. What a sadist.

Kaguya Want To Be Confessed 51

So many good faces. Dat smug Kaguya.

Also shut up Ishigami. If you want to survive.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch495

Maybe he likes to be alone.

Keijo ch110

Such a nice mom. Also, that's one way to make an appearance.

I Am a Hero ch254-261

SHeesh, what a mess. I have no idea how it's going to end, but I doubt it'll be anywhere satisfactory.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari ch203

The eroge industry sure is influential.

eefara

I've been looking into reading more manga on my Kindle lately, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out: what would be the best way to go for buying licensed English series digitally? Would downloading each publisher's app with series I'm interested in be the most efficient, or is there a conglomerate service where I can buy pretty much anything?

I guess I'll also ask the same question for Japanese series; I've heard that Amazon.jp would be the best way to go, but that they'll lock you out after a while or something if you access the store from somewhere other than Japan...

Quoting for a new page.

redlemon

I've been looking into reading more manga on my Kindle lately, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out: what would be the best way to go for buying licensed English series digitally? Would downloading each publisher's app with series I'm interested in be the most efficient, or is there a conglomerate service where I can buy pretty much anything?.

What kind of device are you reading on? On android the main apps for buying manga that I'm aware of are amazon, bookwalker, and comixology.

On android bookwalker is nice because it has sd card support but the app itself is quite slow outside of reading manga. That said the store frequently has giveaways and vouchers so you can get a bit more bang for your buck. The also have a small selection of exclusive series and seven seas have more of their catalog here compared to other services.

I bought most of my manga on amazon kindle and it was fine. Any comixology sales apply to the kindle store as well.

I recently merged my amazon account with comixology so I could group my manga by series and not pay currency conversion fees but I'm regretting it a bit as the android app does not support 2 page spread for manga when you turn your tablet to landscape.

Storage can be a problem as well since kindle and comixology don't seem to have proper sd card support. Newer android device let you merge sd cards with your internal storage though I don't know how well that works.

EDIT: Nothing to do with buying manga, but if you have Crunchyroll their manag app has a lot of really great series on it thta's included with your subscription.

dramatis

smds8fr.jpg

I probably should have added more shoujo flowers

How does Mikoshiba do it?

Also, totally not sure if this is the right character lol

Ballroom e Youkoso: erm... not really sure what to say about this manga, as currently I'm still in shock from finishing the current chapters.

While I can say this has suddenly become one of my favourite manga to date, it is hard to vocalise what about this manga makes me love it so due to it doing so many things so well.

For example:

-The art is stylistic, good looking is used to it's extremes when displaying either the action, calm or comedy that this manga has.
-Almost every character seems to be their own person with each of them having interesting motivations or quirks.
-Beautiful women and handsome men.
-Great action (this is a dancing manga BTW).
-Great comedy.
-The contrast between partners is always nice to see on, and off the stage.
-Tartara & Chi-chan

And this is just a simplistic list... I'll probably come back at a later date when I stop to compose myself as currently I'm unable to eloquently describe this manga in a way it deserves.

I will say that if you're willing to give it a go please do, it's a little slow at start but once it begins to fall in place it really starts making moves.

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW) A Tentacled Romance by Yana

A girl and a polite talking tentacle monster peacefully coexisting together. Unusual for the genre, it's pretty cute and vanilla, which shows how important communication is, be it for sex or for daily life in general. Pretty good stuff, and the author explores quite well how far such a concept can go.

(NSFW) Brave of Fantasia by Kanemaki Thomas

From the author of Inhuman Spring: a Hero and a Demon Lord face off. Nothing too
unconventional, but the art and humor makes up for it.

Such a modern game.

Ballroom e Youkoso: erm... not really sure what to say about this manga, as currently I'm still in shock from finishing the current chapters.

While I can say this has suddenly become one of my favourite manga to date, it is hard to vocalise what about this manga makes me love it so due to it doing so many things so well.

One more to the Ballroom sect!

In fact I also had the same problems explaining to myself why it was so good.

I love the contrast between some panels in this manga. That birthday party is gonna get wrecked unless subject F gets removed from the equation.

Seven Deadly Sins Ch205: These angels may seem to be dicks, but you have gotta say, they are stylish dicks. (Also I seemed to have at some point added 'To say from the ass' to my frequent vocabulary..)

Fairy Tail Ch520: Is the only real attraction of this to the main stream the semi-naked women? As I can't even see that keeping it going strong anymore.. Just feels like ideas keep being pulled from a magic hat. it's never been deep or complex, but it was a good sort of dumb at the beginning now I feel every loss has become cheap.

Tokyo Ghoul re: Ch111: Decent chapter overall, setting the pace for the next few weeks to come. Also includes a scene with someone being force fed human gruel if that's your thing.

Youjo Senki Ch10: Still bat-sh*t insane, but in a fun sort of way (Chapter may or may not also include sections drawn in South Park's style).

Sesha

Seven Deadly Sins

I don't think I've ever read a manga where angels aren't huge assholes. They're second only to big brother and rival characters on the "likely to be an asshole" scale.

It does make SDS' Bastard!! inspiration a lot more blatant though.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
If they are indeed going nuclear then either it or Samon are dead, no clue which way the axe would fall if this is indeed the case. Zumou has had more time to attempt to show potential and is the weaker seller of the two, but Jump right now has 4.5 (Gintama is the .5) gag series in it lineup right now while only 2 (well 3 but Ole is dead but will be 3 with the Golf manga) sport series....but who knows, maybe Dance just died because Spring Weapon's sudden ranking growth will actually be consistent so Dance took it's place on the chopping block.
Of the two I wouldn't bet on Hinomaru Zumou since it just got a color page (which makes little sense if your about to cancel it unless it's a natural ending). There's also the fact Japan just got their first Yokozuna in years which is the plot of this manga and as such theirs a bit of a resurgence in interest in the sport. So there the chance Jump may want to capitalise that or use the manga/anime to further advertise the sport if approached.

Conversely though gag manga really don't have to sell well to be a success. Isobe is a testament to that. It sells worse than Zunou does but has an anime a live action adaptation etc on the way. So samon may make it through based on that.

Grand Blue 26

This chapter was amazing. Kouhei turning into a demon due to Iori's little sister, Iori going after Chisa's picture and her realizing it, the book bouncing battle and the end with the hand crushing the doorframe.

It also gave us everyone admitting Chisa has a fat ass, a chapter based around shots of her fine booty since it was hiding the picture, and Iori admitting that he doesn't see Chisa romantically but as a little sister which means GO FOR AZUSA YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

eefara

What kind of device are you reading on? On android the main apps for buying manga that I'm aware of are amazon, bookwalker, and comixology.

On android bookwalker is nice because it has sd card support but the app itself is quite slow outside of reading manga. That said the store frequently has giveaways and vouchers so you can get a bit more bang for your buck. The also have a small selection of exclusive series and seven seas have more of their catalog here compared to other services.

I bought most of my manga on amazon kindle and it was fine. Any comixology sales apply to the kindle store as well.

I recently merged my amazon account with comixology so I could group my manga by series and not pay currency conversion fees but I'm regretting it a bit as the android app does not support 2 page spread for manga when you turn your tablet to landscape.

Storage can be a problem as well since kindle and comixology don't seem to have proper sd card support. Newer android device let you merge sd cards with your internal storage though I don't know how well that works.

EDIT: Nothing to do with buying manga, but if you have Crunchyroll their manag app has a lot of really great series on it thta's included with your subscription.

It's a Kindle Fire HD. From what looking I've done, seems the lack of SD card support is the biggest issue with any app; I'm not sure if buying from Amazon directly lets you use one. I think the Crunchyroll app has issues with Kindle Fires, unfortunately, at least manga-wise. Comixology I'll have to look into.

wamberz1

Grand Blue 26
t81t3W7.png

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP
This continues to be the only weekly manga I drop everything to read. A damn gift to the world

Fancolors

To you, the Immortal 11
Part of me wishes the older one stuck around. She's just a great character and one the reader can strongly empathize with, but I guess it would betray some of this story's themes. I'm excited with where this will go next, Fushi is developing a personality and I trust the author to make it interesting.

bobohoro

I didn't know that actually, lol. Is that thread dead or nah?

Kinda. There's quite a lot to read nowadays and only a handful of posters in the thread, so it's kinda tough getting a steady conversation going like in the manga thread. But it's worth a try (and/or sub) anyway.

Taruranto

Yamada #340

Even with the cliche backstory, chapter 239 was the first time I felt Shirashi had a personality.

People have been wanting this to end for so long now, but now that the ending is coming it actually feels sudden. I guess Kurosaki and Arisugawa will forever be loose ends, uh. The whole male-witches arc kinda felt underdeveloped/rushed. Oh well.

Droplet

I hope Yamada ends with everyone losing their memories of everything that happened. It'd be the perfect final nail in the cyclical coffin.

Cess007

LMAO at the thread title

It makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one reading the Kaguya manga lol

They got cease-and-desist'd.

Nooo. I was wondering what happened there; but I should have guessed when their page redirected to the Japanese site

Top Bottom