• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake coming to Steam? [Steam registry entry appears]

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

From the Steam thread:

3nu7g.png

alan wake coming

i'll let you guys in on the site i use.

Subscriptions (sorted by date added)
http://dedicated.heffebaycay.fr/cdr_test/sub/search/p/1/sort:date_updated/direction:desc

Apps (sorted by date added)
http://dedicated.heffebaycay.fr/cdr_test/app/search/p/1/sort:date_updated/direction:desc

subs are like humble indie bundle, compilations of games, etc

apps are the games itself. you can see alan wake was just added if you scroll a bit.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They were hinting at this a couple of days ago.

JPS said:
During an interview with a Finnish website YLEX Remedy’s Aki Järvilehto commented on a PC version of Alan Wake saying:

We have received feedback from a lot of PC gamers, and I have to admit that yes, we somehow ignored that. Let’s see if in the near future we could have some positive news to tell you about dating!
Source: http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/12/12/alan-wake-on-pc-still-a-possibility/

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Heh, after this long, I never would have expected it to make it's way to PC. This is good news if true, I enjoyed it on 360 and I'm down to play it again on PC.

Hixx

I would very much like to see how pretty the game is at 1080p. Just be a decent port, please...

As I said in the other thread, this is most likely bait so new people get into the AW franchise, while MS release Alan Wake 2 as an Xbox 3 exclusive. At least, I wouldn't put it past them, it'd be a smart move.

Truant

Finally an HD version!

Tried playing AW on 360 the other day, I had to turn that shit off. Looks awful.

I've been using my PC as a 360 for the last six months. 52" tv, 360 controller, comfy couch. I'm spoiled.

def sim

About time. It's a pretty good game that sold too poorly, it's better that they bring it to Steam for some more possible sales.

Chesskid1

Banned
i played alan wake at launch on the 360 and OHMYGOD the tearing, worst of any game i've ever played.

they never fixed that right?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I played and enjoyed AW on 360 ( other than the game going into "wtf-mode" in the end".
Can't wait to play this on my pc, also please give us the DLC/expansion as well.

I poo pooed AW on 360 a bit for not being HD (lolz) and dat tearing. I later got over it and love the game.

Don't think I'll double dip as i'm confident my notebook would run it more or less at what the 360 runs it at 'cept at a higher resolution and vsync (I cap most of my PC games @ 30fps anyway). Not worth shelling out another $50 just for that.

LOL

during the Alan Wake VGA reveal, I was wondering, "OH ARE THEY FINALLY GOING TO BRING THIS TO THE PC?"

they have answered my prayers!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
too late, idiots

sorry for being negative nancy, I'm still bitter about this.

Yeah, I suspect that too. People are understimating how good this game will look on PC.

I'm sure it will but I don't want to hear my Asus G78jw jet engine fan during the quieter bits. Great laptop, shitty cooling system. Then again, it could be the Nvidia GPU not being 45nm or less? I dunno, stuffs over my head and don't wanna look it up.

Everdred

I hate that Microsoft releases PC ports way after their console versions and then wonders why the sales are poor. How about you release a fucking PC version WITH the console version.

A lot of people would have bought the PC version over 360 but it's too late now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom