• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Origins - Hype Check

-NeoTB1-

I'm cautiously optimistic, but probably won't get it at launch. Odyssey takes precedence. If reviews are good, I'll consider it during the holiday sales.

Yam's

Been waiting on them to cover Egypt for years, so I'll take it upon release. Mario Odyssey will still take priority though.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Seems like the usual fun but repetitive romp, will get it around December because lol, the 27th belongs to the King

Shari

Nah, this is an AC/UBI thing I noticed more than others. Especially with how fast Unity and Syndicate dropped. How about you don't try and police my criticism first saying I am entitled to it but only if I direct it at somrthing you are okay with.

Unity and Syndicate didn't drop faster than other games, if anything Ubisoft games drop slower than other games like WB games.

Also I didn't try to police anything nor I'm against what you saying, I was simply stating that that is out of the scope of the thread, which still is, no need to feel offended or reply in a snarky way, you're cool enough dropping AC like a bad boy.

sjay1994

I hope its good.

It's this and Mario for me on the 27th.

No interest in Wolf since I didn't enjoy playing NO or OB very much.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I pre-ordered the Gold Edition shortly after it went up on Steam. AssCreed is my guilty pleasure and I can't say any of the changes have rubbed me the wrong way. I'm very much looking forward to sinking my teeth into the game.

Here's hoping Ubi doesn't announce a last-minute delay of the PC version. ;)

Hyped. Just want to see if they do the MD justice this time. No more bishop. No more cutscenes. Just pure plain 3rd person like we had before. Juno is on the rise. It's time to get straight into the action.

Betty

Banned
Zero hype.

It looks good graphically, but the gameplay seems boring and nothing about the story convinces me this is a return to form like 2, Brotherhood or even the first game.

GeekMarty

I'm very much looking forward to it, being a sucker for AC games.
Still, I might buy and play Wolfenstein first. Not sure yet

Hasney

Unity and Syndicate didn't drop faster than other games, if anything Ubisoft games drop slower than other games like WB games.

Also I didn't try to police anything nor I'm against what you saying, I was simply stating that that is out of the scope of the thread, which still is, no need to feel offended or reply in a snarky way, you're cool enough dropping AC like a bad boy.

Don't know if it's country specific, but Ubi games probably drop the fastest out of all the publishers in the UK. Might just be part of their strategy to keep sales rolling while the game is still in peoples minds.

I am a big fan of Assassin's Creed but I'm a little hesitant about Origins. I think it'll be decent but I'm not sure it's going to be the big comeback everyone hopes for, if it's as good as Syndicate I'll be satisfied and if it's any better I'll be pleasantly surprised.

My main wish would be for a new modern day story arc that isn't completely half-arsed but I've given hope of that. Will we see Juno this game?

eh. I'll wait for the reviews. Even then, I'm not sure I'll be in.

It certainly looks better than before, I'll give it that.

Neither hyped nor not hyped. Everything is resting on what the reviews and impressions say. I think the easiest way to describe my feelings rn is that I'm hopeful, but not hyped. I think the fact it's launching against Odyssey isn't helping it much in terms of my hype for it either.

Madness

I guess you're ignoring the many others saying the same? This isn't new. AC games drop in price quick. This is a factor if it is a game you are on the fence about. Again, it is a hype check thread for the game. If you feel what I said was out of the scope of the thread, take it up with a mod through PM's instead of derailing or trying to police the thread.

ISee

Black flag team.
See battles.
Huge open world.
Cool setting.
Modern day story.
Nice graphics.
RPG elements.
Fantasy elements.
Real boss fights.

I'm in. Hype level 9/10

heringer

After I finish Shadow of War (which is a great game) I think I'll be a little fatigued of the style, so I'll probably just get it on a sale next year.

Zero hype.

It looks good graphically, but the gameplay seems boring and nothing about the story convinces me this is a return to form like 2, Brotherhood or even the first game.
I don’t think it’s trying to be a return to form at all? If anything, the message the devs seem to be sending is that the aforementioned form was stagnating.

Shari

Don't know if it's country specific, but Ubi games probably drop the fastest out of all the publishers in the UK. Might just be part of their strategy to keep sales rolling while the game is still in peoples minds.

Probably it's more a difference of perception based on platform. I get all my multis on PC and games from publishers with their own storefront drop slower than those on Steam.

Catdaddy

9/10 - Looking forward to it - for me the only real misfire was Unity and I played through most of it before getting tired of it.

sjay1994

I don't think it's trying to be a return to form at all? If anything, the message the devs seem to be sending is that the aforementioned form was stagnating.

I think he means a return to a respectable status in the enthusiasts eye.

I enjoy these games and even though they sell well, one can't dispute that in the enthusiasts groups like GAF/Reddit/etc where people discuss games online, the series is held in contempt/low standings like other yearly titles since AC3 and especially after Unity.

Raptor

Going action RPG with loot and having a Horde mode guaranteed my purchase.

Maybe not say one cause of not having that kind of quids laying around but definitly maybe on black friday if its on sale.

Johndoey

Banned
Not very interested but I pick up every Assassins Creed game so I'll still get it, probably not on launch but eventually.

My guess is that its gonna sell very well and validate any other AC game that's been worked on for however many years etc.

It won't be talked about much during that period thanks to Mario Odyssey and the shit storm that's gonna have here on Neogafs GOTY orientated discussions and all that.

Wolfenstein is probably gonna further steal the show by spiral into chaos with undercover sympathizers spewing garbage etc.

BadHand

I'm really looking forward to it. I actually cancelled Wolfenstein II to play this. I supposed it helped that I get a $30 discount.

Branson

I’m playing syndicate to catch up my backlog in anticipation for this. After syndicate I’ll play something else as a pallet cleaner but I’m definitely going to play it at some point.

FelipeMGM

I actually played yesterday and it was fun, and the whole content on it sounds promising

But there is so much going on right now that I'll pass on it at launch

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member
This is my #2 most hyped game of the fall season, just behind COD:WW2. I will NOT be buying it on launch day, hoping for a slight sale 10 days later when the X1X comes out. At this point I am not playing anything new until X1X releases, so as much as I want to, it has to wait!

shimon

I pre-ordered the Gold Edition shortly after it went up on Steam. AssCreed is my guilty pleasure and I can't say any of the changes have rubbed me the wrong way. I'm very much looking forward to sinking my teeth into the game.

Here's hoping Ubi doesn't announce a last-minute delay of the PC version. ;)

Oh god I'm having flashbacks to AC2 and ACB pc versions. What was it like 5-6 months later?

Really hyped for this one, but I've never disliked an AC game with the exception of the first. So far, all AC have been either good (AC Syndicate), great(AC Revelations, Rogue) or amazing(AC 2 and Black Flag).

bryanee

Not really hyped at all at the moment. I love the AC brand, owned every main line title day one in the past and while I have issues with a couple of the games overall I love the series.

I'm just not liking the look of the combat in this one and I'm not to fond of the RPG stuff either. The fact that Mario comes out on the same day isnt doing AC any favours for me right now.

edit -

You know what might push over the edge into getting it? The modern day stuff. I really like that and if there is something good during that then I may get it sooner rather than later. But if the modern day parts are anything like the last two games then I wont bother for a while.

Top Bottom