• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - A Tour of Eorzea Part 3

N.A

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0w5dyfENwA

gKBjkZO.jpg

exoJGqc.jpg

88IJhvR.jpg

GxKDX2S.jpg

G372R4Z.jpg

Xux

Damn, the PS3 versions lookin' good. Love the scale and colors in Coerthas.

Also, dat Summoner o_o.

Ala Alba

In my opinion, the Titan summon suggests a very disappointing trend. I think it would have been better for them to have Summoners summon "elementals" instead of "essences of the primals", because that's what the Titan summon looks like. I wouldn't be surprised if the Garuda and Ramuh summons look like the Wind and Lightning elementals that can be found around the Black Shroud.

"Essences of the Primals" sounds far too impressive for what we're getting, and expectations wouldn't be anywhere near so high if they didn't call them Ifrit, Titan, etc.

sublimit

Banned
Can't wait for the PS4 version!I love the art direction in this game and especially the environments...except maybe the snowy areas who look kinda bland to me but then again i almost never like snowy environments in games.

Abriael

Banned
I can't say I'm not impressed by how rich and beautiful the new world is. There's a reason why Naoki Yoshida is the Japanese developer I respect the most at the moment, and this is that reason.

I really want to bite on this, but I just hate the idea of a subscription. Thinking about it.

Personally I love subscription based games. I like to be confident in the fact that the developer is working hard on creating quality content to keep everyone engaged and entertained, instead of using a relevant part of its development resources to make me buy crap in the cash shop.

jiggle

they should stop showing ps3 version side by side with pc
looks so ugly
Those are probably early summons.
they already said no to individuals summoning primals
not expecting it to get any better
truly disappointing
at least carbuncle is there...

I don't think my PS3 version looks as good it does in that trailer. It could be my TV settings or whatnot but I wonder if they're going to bump up the graphics a bit when beta ends.

Grisby

Wrestling with myself on whether I want to get this or not. Haven't played an MMO in so long. Also, it looks like the closet FF will ever get back to medieval type 'fantasy'.

PS3 version looks a little rough but that's what I'd be going with. Wish they'd just show a long stretch of gameplay rather then switching it back and forth between the two platforms.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I can't say I'm not impressed by how rich and beautiful the new world is. There's a reason why Naoki Yoshida is the Japanese developer I respect the most at the moment, and this is that reason.

Personally I love subscription based games. I like to be confident in the fact that the developer is working hard on creating quality content to keep everyone engaged and entertained, instead of using a relevant part of its development resources to make me buy crap in the cash shop.
I think "not surprised" is a better term to use.

Baleoce

To me, the subscription model is comforting. I want to know that there's going to be support for it and fresh new content being added down the line. I don't want something to mess around with for a month or two and then never play again.

Kandinsky

To me, the subscription model is comforting. I want to know that there's going to be support for it and fresh new content being added down the line. I don't want something to mess around with for a month or two and then never play again.

Yeah I feel the same way, and people call me on that all the time haha.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

So much this.

Damn I love the world in this game. The Beta has me googly-eyed in awe at how beautiful everything is. The world and lore is much more interesting than any other MMO I have seen.

Teletraan1

Banned

Totally agree with the subscription comment. If the game is worth paying for I will. A lot of the MMOs that came and went were not good enough to subscribe to. From what I have played of the Beta, this is.

Very very happy with how that all looks. Haven't gotten very far in the beta, only 18 MRD, but really excited about where I go from there.

Zomba13

Super hyped. Mega Nostalgia blast from the snowy area and Behemoth. Reminds me of FFXI :3

I like that they've finally shown some SMN/SCH stuff. Carby look amazing <3
I also like that SMN aren't summoning an avatar in the primals image. Like, they are more elemental like and resemble the primal but aren't just a smaller version of it like in FFXI. I would have been fine with just FFXI style again though but I'm ok with this too.

I will miss having to fight the Summons to get them though. Loved the LVL20 SMN battles where all you had was Carby, your 2hr and your kitting skills.

Cystm

I got into the beta and my wife took it over after a few days! We are already locked in on this game.

Khrno

That area (or instance or w/e) with KB has to be called Behemoth's Dominions. Don't disappoint me YoshiP.

Baleoce

Is early access the same start time as phase 4? I'm just wondering how the overlap is going to work for those who are currently in the beta and want to start working on their characters straight away, but also want to retain the perks from the collectors edition they've bought. Because they're going to be different accounts right?

Midou

Love snow areas in most games, and in a game that is as good looking as XIV, it's going to be glorious.

Is early access the same start time as phase 4? I'm just wondering how the overlap is going to work for those who are currently in the beta and want to start working on their characters straight away, but also want to retain the perks from the collectors edition they've bought. Because they're going to be different accounts right?

I think, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong, Beta 4 progress is essentially like playing the released game, but probably content/level gated in some way. Beta 4 is only supposed to run for a week or two, then they'll take things down to get ready for launch. Early Access will be anywhere from 3-7 days prior to launch date.

Baleoce

I think, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong, Beta 4 progress is essentially like playing the released game, but probably content/level gated in some way. Beta 4 is only supposed to run for a week or two, then they'll take things down to get ready for launch. Early Access will be anywhere from 3-7 days prior to launch date.

But what I'm wondering is, how are the 2 accounts going to work together? Say you play and start working on your character at the beginning of Phase 4. Then you get your early access code, and what do you do with it? Can you use it to upgrade your current account/character to CE status?

Ferr986

But what I'm wondering is, how are the 2 accounts going to work together? Say you play and start working on your character at the beginning of Phase 4. Then you get your early access code, and what do you do with it? Can you use it to upgrade your current account/character to CE status?

After Beta 4 the servers will shut down again (though they will not delete any progress). Theres when the early access kicks in. (that doesnt mean the early access will cover all the time between ending of beta 4 and official release date).

Top Bottom