• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - Pulling The Heist trailer

Berordn

Looks really good, still. Dance Dance Murray looks perfect.

RC car made me cringe a little, though. Hopefully an unwarranted reaction.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
This game was off my radar, but the demo with R&C was really fun. Collin @ IGN is playing the Vita version and really likes it. Good news, we can have Sly and leave Infamous to the big boys.

It's still kinda hard to believe there's a new Sly game on the way.

The music in that trailer is ace.

And that's Nolan North as El Jefe. The guy has range.

Looks good. It reminds me of the PS2 days for some reason.

This looks completely unchanged from the PS2 games, right down to the health bars and HUD fonts. Which is great. There's nothing like this anymore. And there likely won't be anything like this for a while afterwards, so I'm going to savor it.

Negative stuff?

For me yes, but I really want to see what other people have to say about the game. I never played the other games in the series, so I don't have a point of reference or understanding of the "this is like the old games yay!" feeling for the series. Also I have only played the retail Vita version.

For me yes, but I really want to see what other people have to say about the game. I never played the other games in the series, so I don't have a point of reference or understanding of the "this is like the old games yay!" feeling for the series. Also I have only played the retail Vita version.

30fps Sly lol

I don't think this game is going to be a critical darling at all, not if it adheres to the classic Sly design. Which it looks to be doing, slavishly. Good for me, bad for its metacritic.

Carl

Sooo gooooood. Can't wait for this. Still annoyed that Europe has to wait nearly 2 months after US release :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

You should probably play the Sly HD collection.

What? Why wait for other people? Write down your opinion now. How do you feel about the game? You don't have the background of having played through the previous Sly games, and that's fine. Your perspective is valid. Now just write down your thoughts and feelings. I come from a perspective of having loved the previous Sly games. I have a different and entirely valid perspective as well.

Opinions.

Duffyside

Banned
Huh, not sure why they lowered the price. Anyone who wants to buy this game would've already at $60 with Cross-Buy. Don't think they'll see enough extra copies sold to make a difference.

Still, nice for you guys.

What? Why wait for other people? Write down your opinion now. How do you feel about the game? You don't have the background of having played through the previous Sly games, and that's fine. Your perspective is valid. Now just write down your thoughts and feelings. I come from a perspective of having loved the previous Sly games. I have a different and entirely valid perspective as well.

Opinions.

I have written what I want to say for my coverage, I was more trying to say that I am curious to see what other people think of the game when it comes out since some will have my perspective and others will have the Sly-fan perspective.

Berordn

Nonsense, Sly 2 kicks the shit out of the first. Just be wary of the third game.

I like 2 more than 1, but I'm well aware that it's a minority opinion. Sly 1 is a straight-up platformer through the entire game, so most people can handle that.

Sly 3 starts out decent enough but gets terrible quickly, probably around the third level.

So no one's mentioned the fact that the game has dropped from $60 to $40. Awesome news.

Screw it, I'm going to import the US version. For that price, and the fact that it doesn't come out in the UK until late March, I'd be mad not to. It just sucks that PlanetAxel isn't around anymore, they were excellent. Anyone know the next best site to use?

I've never played the PS2 games, but I have to say that I quite like the cartoony look of it, and gameplay seems fun. I'm thinking of jumping in.

Duffyside

Banned
I think the $40 price is worthy of its own thread. Anyone agree? I'd probably add the Vita price and Cross-Buy info in the title too.

btkadams

So no one's mentioned the fact that the game has dropped from $60 to $40. Awesome news.

what? man.. i used a $20 off code at fs a year and a half ago to get the game to $40. i'm betting they won't lower it past that point, despite me using a coupon. damn.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Looks good. I initially read the thread title as Pulling "The Heist" trailer instead of "Pulling the Heist" and thought there was some controversy going on with it.

Top Bottom