• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: WWII |OT|- Boots on the ground once more, ladies and gentlemen

Dubz

My campaign progress won't save! I got about a half hour in the campaign twice now and every time I hit triangle to resume game it starts the whole damn game over. Am I doing something wrong?

aajohnny

I'm debating whether or not to get this game on PC or PS4. Is it really true that the playerbase for PC Cod dies quickly?

Catphish

I'm debating whether or not to get this game on PC or PS4. Is it really true that the playerbase for PC Cod dies quickly?
I chose PS4 not only because the player base will almost certainly be larger than PC's, but PC also has a major cheater problem (aimbots, etc) that Activision hasn't yet proven they've addressed.

It was a hard decision, because my PC is better than my Pro, but I still have fresh memories of how fked up COD:IW was on PC.

MrBlonde

An someone tell me how to activate the double xp? I have 3 hrs left and u can do 1hr a day and it’s been 24 hrs but it’s not working, is there something I need to do?

Also I game share in m house with my daughter and she didn’t get any of the pre order or extra stuff from the digital deluxe version other then the bonus map, looks like she has the season pass at least if she has the map but thought she would get the other stuff too??

Elginer

My campaign progress won't save! I got about a half hour in the campaign twice now and every time I hit triangle to resume game it starts the whole damn game over. Am I doing something wrong?
Mines doing the same shit. What the hell man...

Daffy Duck

An someone tell me how to activate the double xp? I have 3 hrs left and u can do 1hr a day and it’s been 24 hrs but it’s not working, is there something I need to do?

Also I game share in m house with my daughter and she didn’t get any of the pre order or extra stuff from the digital deluxe version other then the bonus map, looks like she has the season pass at least if she has the map but thought she would get the other stuff too??

The XP will activate automatically, I imagine you just have to wait a little longer.

I bought the digital deluxe edition on PS4 too and don’t have my divisions pack content.

Aklamarth

Well for what it's worth it , i enjoyed it. Game wants to be Band of Brother The Game and it even manages to do that in a couple of places.

Technically the game is decent : good sound design, great particle effects , textures, animations on the other hand are REALLY shitty.

From a gameplay perspective my only bIg complaint is the gunplay : coming from Wolfenstein TNC (which from my point of view perhaps has the best gunplay in a shooter ever) , WW2 gunplay feels like a bad joke. The guns are so .....ineffective , it feels you're shooting toy guns.

-SG

Well for what it's worth it , i enjoyed it. Game wants to be Band of Brother The Game and it even manages to do that in a couple of places.

Technically the game is decent : good sound design, great particle effects , textures, animations on the other hand are REALLY shitty.

From a gameplay perspective my only bIg complaint is the gunplay : coming from Wolfenstein TNC (which from my point of view perhaps has the best gunplay in a shooter ever) , WW2 gunplay feels like a bad joke. The guns are so .....ineffective , it feels you're shooting toy guns.

I'm surprised you think the sound is passable. To me, it's awful. Nothing sounds punchy or weighty at all. It's all so underwhelming.

I agree about the guns though. Everything feels like a pea shooter.

Question: is anyone having problems with loading times? A few times loading into MP I had to reset due to infinite loading. Other times it takes 1.5-2 minutes to get into the HQ. Sometimes it takes so long after a match ends, that I don’t have time to quit the lobby before a next one begins. Other times, trying to quit a lobby doesn’t work as button presses won’t register.

Coupled with lag/network issues and I’m disappointed so far.

Kimawolf

I have been underwhelmed. Call of duty infinite warfare was more fun for me so far. It feels like Sledgehammer took a step backwards unfortunately.

Doesn't help it has so much instability atm as well.

Memnoch

I have been underwhelmed. Call of duty infinite warfare was more fun for me so far. It feels like Sledgehammer took a step backwards unfortunately.

Doesn't help it has so much instability atm as well.
Yes big step backwards. Infinite Warfare's campaign was much better.

I own it on both and I have it maxed out on PC and I still think it looks better on the pro barring the checkerboarding artifacts. HDR makes such a huge difference.

Keep having to restart the game due to infinite loading screens trying to get into the MP. Making the MP its own section that has to load up instead of just a few menus was an incredibly stupid decision. When I play COD I want to jump right in quick because most of the time I only wanna play a couple rounds.

This was my first COD purchase since BO1 and so far I regret it.

Starfield

How the fuck is everyone so fast with aiming and all other stuff on PC in MP?

Coming from Csgo i thought i'd have an easy time but I get completely obliterated :p

Jeff Gerstmann has been tweeting about his frustration at trying to get games and has admitted he doesn't think it's a good game.

Actually surprised at this, as he's usually a big fan of the CoD franchise and we usually share similar taste in games.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Jeff Gerstmann has been tweeting about his frustration at trying to get games and has admitted he doesn't think it's a good game.

Actually surprised at this, as he's usually a big fan of the CoD franchise and we usually share similar taste in games.

That sucks. I tend to agree with his opinion too. Especially on CoD. I think Advanced Warfare was damn good.

BizzyBum

Never get COD on PC. The MP is always DOA. Sure, you'll get games but the player base will always be abysmally low.

excessive

Neo Member
The loading times are pretty rediculous for a start. The way it transitions from the main menu -> multiplayer -> online -> load screen reminds me of going on multiplayer on Doom. I get that you now load straight into the social space, which will increase the load time, but i use the word 'social' very loosely, as there's never anybody else there with me when i load in anyway. I have open NAT aswel.

That wouldn't stop me from playing online though, the thing that has killed it for me is having to close the application after every match completion. Game ends, sometimes lucky enough to see the scoreboard or winners circle but then nothing, can't leave the game, can't go to the 'social' space, have to dashboard it.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Can't believe it's taking them so long to fix this. It's a shame as there's a great game hidden under all the connection troubles.

lefty1117

Gold Member
Don't know why people are crying about the graphics and sound. Both are outstanding on my PC - i7 5820, 980ti, 16gb ram. Some of the gunfire really cracks nicely and can be startling depending on where it's coming from.

Ravek

Banned
Don't know why people are crying about the graphics and sound. Both are outstanding on my PC - i7 5820, 980ti, 16gb ram. Some of the gunfire really cracks nicely and can be startling depending on where it's coming from.

cool story bro.

---

has sledgehammer said anything about when to expect a patch?

Z3M0G

Watching some UFC and seeing lots of ads. They are terrified to show what this game looks like, arent they.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Well its official black ops 3 has no longer the shittiest campaign mode.
This game passed it.

Holy shit i want my money back 😐
What a major let down

MaKTaiL

Well its official black ops 3 has no longer the shittiest campaign mode.
This game passed it.

Holy shit i want my money back 😐
What a major let down
Have you finished it already? It gets better on the second half.

For those of you having issue's saving your progress, have you guys tried disconnecting your Wifi yet from console? Try it if not.

So what guns are you guys using in multiplayer?
I’m level 15 and haven’t found a gun that I like yet. What gives. I keep adjusting sensitivity to compensate .

MrBlonde

So what guns are you guys using in multiplayer?
I’m level 15 and haven’t found a gun that I like yet. What gives. I keep adjusting sensitivity to compensate .
Is it just me or is there barely any aim assist in this one? I bumped my sensitivity up one which I never do, I just can’t seem to get comfortable yet and I’m doing pretty bad, I’m not the best cod player but I don’t suck this bad.... I haven’t found a gun yet that I love but I do like the stg, the first assault rifle can’t think of the name, and the type 100 seemed solid then I started doing bad with it so who knows, I get tons of hit markers and feel like I die fast, very frustrating

I have the Xbox elite controller so if anyone can recommend any settings go for it

I too am getting a shit load of hit markers but am being killed by only a few shots . Really wierd. Must be my interweb connection?

Pingoreous

I too am getting a shit load of hit markers but am being killed by only a few shots . Really wierd. Must be my interweb connection?

Naaa it's not you, i go from being a MLG god to a hit marker MVP. It's random from day to day or time of day. It happens to me on Sledgehammer and infinity ward COD games. I never have a problem with Treyarch COD games. It's their net code or "server" location, who knows.

Ironic taking it back to ww2 did not work out whatsoever..maybe Nazi zombies will save it?

Its not the setting thats the problem. Its activision and the set standard each developer has to crank out as the series continues to grow stale and behind its contemporaries.

Top Bottom