• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF E3 2013 Summary Thread

Amir0x

Banned
e3summarym9a9s.jpg

First, let me apologize for the banners. For some reason my photoshop stopped working, so I had to rush these through MS Paint. Hopefully it's the content that matters :p

QUICK LINKS: Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, Multiplatform/Misc

INTRODUCTION

As many know, I enjoy the process of summarizing. It's soothing:

E3 2006 Summary Topic
Tokyo Game Show 2005 Summary Topic
E3 2011 Summary Topic

Those are some examples of my past work.

How does it work?

This year, I'm simplifying the summarizing process. In short, there will be two terms used for every bulletpoint. Wherever you see the word "Link" you'll get a direct link to an article, video or some other informative bit of news about the bulletpoint. Wherever you see the word "Thread", you'll get a link to an ongoing neoGAF discussion about that bit of news. This way, this thread is integrally linked to the community as well as E3 as a show. I hope this process makes things easy for you guys to follow!

How will the updating process work?

There will be four main posts, each segmented into themes. One is for Microsoft, one is for Nintendo and one is for Sony. The fourth is for Miscellaneous items and Multiplatform titles. Each day you can check my OP, and you'll see the latest bulletpoints with a timestamp. This is how it will look

June 6, 5:52PM(EST)

● Stuff happened and it was fucking real (Link, Thread)

June 6, 7:00PM(EST)

● Remember that other shit? That was nothing. Some REAL shit happened now. (Link, Thread)

The latest update will always be at the most bottom of the page. This way, you'll always be able to see what news you might have missed. My schedule is going to be irregular, but in general you'll always see an update around 5:00PM(EST), and then continually until around 8:30PM(EST) as far as I can do. Keep checking to see if anything is new!

How can you help?

You probably didn't ask this. But I'm going to pretend you did anyway! I am one single person, who also has to hold down a job. The industry is now a massive, daunting place with news falling out of every orifice every second around the hour. What this means is that it is literally going to be impossible for me to get every single bit of news everywhere. I'm bound to miss something.

I fully encourage you to post news articles - using the format I have for my topic bulletpoints - in this thread or in PM to me, and I will also update them into the post. At the end of my posts, I will regularly be updating a "thank you" list to everyone who has contributed.

Oh, and one more thing...

Obviously, this thread is incomplete and more of a template at the moment until the E3 news really starts raining in, but I wanted to get this up in advance of Nintendo's Direct and with Konami's pre-E3 conference today, it just seemed like the right time. Please don't post how there is not a lot of news yet. I know :p

I have the same post delay as you all, so please allow me to reserve my four posts for the purposes of this thread. Thank you :)

SPECIAL THANKS

Thanks you to the following members for their contributions!

opticalmace, Jawmuncher, flaxknuckles, codhand, bdizzle, LOCK, Dahbomb, PTG, Roboleon, D-e-f-

NINTENDO

wiiubanner4yy1h.jpg

June 6, 5:59PM(EST)

● Retro Game Challenge/Game Center CX is getting a new game in the series on the 3DS! Fantastic news! (Link, Thread)

June 7, 4:18PM(EST)

● Sonic: Lost Worlds looks really crazy, like some mix of Sonic Xtreme and Super Mario Galaxy. It was announced a little while ago for Wii U, but now there is a tour of the world and 3DS footage too. Enjoy! (Link, Thread)

June 10, 6:27PM(EST)

● Picross e is coming to North America for 3DS on 6/13 for $5.99. A fantastic price for what is sure to be countless hours of enjoyment. (Link, Thread)

June 11, 11:27AM(EST)

● Bayonetta 2 had its coming out party today, and it's rad. Our girl has a new hairstyle to go with it! So over-the-top, jumping on jets, blowing up bridges, kicking ass... it's so beautiful guys! (Link, Thread)
● Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze has been announced for the Wii U! It seems pretty typical to the formula, except with much more dynamic use of the camera to give it a more fluid 3D-like feel. (Link, Thread)
● Mario Kart 8 has been announced for the Wii U! Looks cool as fuck. Motorcycles and Karts together; crazy wall travel; what you love here at last! (Link, Thread)
● Super Mario 3D World was revealed. It seems like it's inspired by 3D Land, and it has multiplayer and a new cat-suit power up. Interesting. (Link, Thread)
● Pokemon Y/X seems to have a trillion frothing fans around the world anticipating it, so check out the latest E3 2013 Trailer! Bonus... it's releasing October 12, 2013 worldwide! New Fairy Type Pokemon revealed which retroactively includes Jigglypuff, for some reason. (Link, Thread)
● Smash Bros. U has finally been shown, and Megaman has join the cast! Also seen: Spirit Tracks level, Skyloft, Nintendogs level and more. Set to debut on Wii U and 3DS in 2014. (Link, Thread)
● The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD has 1080p and uses shaders to refine textures and characters. On Wii U, there's now a 'speed up' button to allow fast boat travel. Also: Tingle Tuner is back, via Gamepad! (Link, Thread)
● Wii U eShop is getting the spotlight, with a list of games being worked on by indie devs and others. Include Mutant Mudds, Dungeon & Dragons from Capcom, Cloudberry Kingdom and much more. Check the link. (Link)
● Wii U Third Party support was also highlighted with a list of games coming out in the near future on 3DS and Wii U. Nothing mindblowing, exactly what you'd expect... AssCreed, Scibblenauts, Splinter, Deus, etc. (Link)
● Art Academy is headed to the Wii U! Apparently, Nintendo took note of all the aspiring artists on Miiverse and this game is going to be a response to that. Also on order: A new eShop app where you draw with pencils, pastels, etc. (Link)
● Wii Party U/Wii Fit U have been delayed with Party going to October and Fit going to Winter. Wii Party was originally for summer, and features 80 mini-games that make novel use of gamepad. Wii Fit was for first half of 2013, and is self-explanatory. (Link)
● X, from Monolith Soft, is showing other Japanese devs how to get it DONE in the RPG sphere. Holy shit at this trailer. Coming 2014. (Link, Thread)
● Yoshi's New Island for the 3DS has had its E3 2013 debut in this entertaining trailer. (Link, Thread)
● Call of Duty Ghosts WILL be coming to Wii U. Previously they announced platforms and Wii U wasn't on it, but now we got confirmation it is indeed going to join the Wii U library. (Link, Thread)
● Wonderful 101 is coming, and it will support up to five players simultaneously in co-op mode! Hot damn! Check out the phenomenal trailer as well from the E3 Nintendo Direct. (Link, Thread)
● Mario & Luigi: Dream Team looks about as amazingly over-the-top as you would expect. Sure to be another classic. Check out the latest E3 Trailer. (Link, Thread)

June 11, 3:55PM(EST)

● Pikmin 3 still looks charming and addictive, and if you needed any more reasons to rush out and get this on August 4, this E3 trailer is for you. (Link)
● The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is the name of what was formerly Link to the Past 2. Game looks just amazing in every way in the E3 trailer. (Link)
● Shin Megami Tensei IV is coming soon on 3DS, and we've got the latest E3 dish for you to consume. Cannot. Wait. (Link)

June 11, 5:16PM(EST)

● Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, on top of having Megaman announced, had two other characters revealed. The Villager from Animal Crossing and... the Wii Fit Trainer. This was their 'big announcement' of E3 that they made the press wait 40 minutes just to hear. (Link, Thread)
● Sonic Lost World is still looking amazing conceptually, with Sonic's new list of parkour abilities and its interesting approach to handling his speed in this 3D sphere. Check out the latest video. (Link, Thread)

June 12, 5:37AM(EST)

● Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl has been announced for North America on 3DS. Has a story mode or a more traditional hardcore mode, as well as the "Grimoire Stone" system. (Link, Thread)

Amir0x

Banned

MICROSOFT

xboxbanner8kl8w.jpg

June 6, 6:06PM(EST)

● Titanfall from Respawn Studios and EA has been revealed. It has a singleplayer mode, but it's a multiplayer focused mech shooter built in Source Engine @ 60fps. For Xbox One/PC/360. (Link, Thread)
● Fantasia: Music Evolved announced for 360/Xbox One from Harmonix/Disney. It's a Kinect oriented game releasing in 2014 wherein you flail about to unlock new Disney tracks. (Link, Thread)

June 6, 6:32PM(EST)

● Xbox One Connectivity, Licensing, etc details have finally been shared in a way that Microsoft can now never deny. And it's still what you thought it was, with only a few slight caveats making it only slightly better than getting your dick sliced off. (Link, Thread)

June 7, 4:19PM(EST)

● DARK, which as you can tell immediately is super deep and brooding and profound due to its title, has an E3 2013 trailer. I really... just watch it for yourself. 360/PC. From developer Realmforge Studios, published by Kalypso Media. Words fail me. (Link, Thread)

June 9, 8:13AM(EST)

● Forza Motorsport 5 - the latest in the critically acclaimed racing series coming to the Xbox One - is looking spectacular in this E3 in-game footage teaser. More to come later, surely. (Link, Thread)

June 10, 6:20PM(EST)

● Sunset Overdrive, a crazy open world multiplayer shooter from Insomniac, has been announced as an exclusive for the Xbox One. (Link, Thread)
● Xbox One Price has been announced and it's definitely a fun one. For the low price of $499, €499 or £429, this DRM dream machine is yours to own this November! (Link, Thread)
● Xbox One "Day One" Premium Edition has been unveiled as a sort of marketing scheme for the system. Reserve a specific retailers, and you get a slew of DLC and limited edition controller, day one achievement, etc. (Link, Thread)
● LocoCycle has been revealed to be an XBO Launch game. From Twisted Pixel, this wacky motorcycle karate thing is sure to be an interesting ride. (Link)
● Ryse, the previously Kinect-only game from Crytek, is now a vicious brutal beat em up with copious amounts of QTE. Looks gorgeous, at least. (Link, Thread)
● Minecraft was announced for Xbox One, and will include bigger worlds and new multiplayer. Not much else said. (Link, Thread)
● Dead Rising 3, developed by Capcom Vancouver and published by Microsoft, is an open world game with no load times, where anything can be used as a weapon and upgraded to better effect. Has campaign co-op, November 2013. (Link, Thread))
● Microsoft Points are no more, to be replaced by local currencies for all players. I'm OK with this. (Link, Thread)
● Killer Instinct rumour turned out to be correct, only it's by Double Helix games, not RARE. What a twist. (Link, Thread)
● Titanfall, announced through Game Informer only a few days ago for XBO/PC/360, has had its real coming out with a trailer and more. Looks really sick, gameplay-wise. (Link, Thread)
● Xbox One Reputation System is the answer to cheaters and troublemakers on the new platform, according to Microsoft. It'll also be part of matchmaking: so now you'll also get matched based on your reputation score, if the game wants. (Link, Thread)
● Halo 5 from 343 Studios is obviously coming to the XBO and will be 60fps. And it wouldn't be a Microsoft system party without a teaser video for the next in the series. Check this bad boy out. (Link, Thread)
● Below from Capybara, developer of Sword and Sworcery, is coming to Xbox One. It's a Rogue-like, most likely, but details are scarce. (Link, Thread)
● Quantum Break, which debuted at the May 21 XBO reveal, has an E3 2013 Demo to check out. With its interesting time based mechanics and TV-like story integration, this is one to watch. (Link, Thread)
● SmartGlass, the way to get the second-screen game experience for the Xbox family of systems, has been more extensively debuted during the conference. Can also Broadcast gameplay via Twitch. (Link, Thread)
● Black Tusk's AAA Game - so named because they don't have a title yet - was nonetheless teased in a 30 second clip. In it, we see a man scaling a building, espionage-style. (Link, Thread)
● Project Spark is a bizarre Smartglass-and-Kinect assisted videogame for XBO/Win8 wherein everything in the world can be created by the player. When you finish making the world, other players can jump in and start playing in it. (Link)
● D4, developed by Swery65, the man behind Deadly Promotion, has been announced for the Xbox One. It's an episodic adventure game, but beyond that we have no clue. (Link, Thread)
● Forza 5 has had a flood of info, but now we get word on how it will be using cloud servers. Your data is synced over cloud, and then the game tweaks the AI based on how you and others are doing... your data is called a 'driveatar.' (Link, Thread)
● Xbox 360 Gold Members are getting a PS+ like service until the XBO is released. You get to keep 2 games per month - first two being Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 - and it doesn't seem like you'll need a subscription to keep playing them. (Link, Thread)
● Kinect Sports: Rivals, developed by RARE, has been announced. It will feauting a bunch of new minigames powered by KINECT. Rival data is stored on a cloud, friends can compete at any time during gameplay. (Link, Thread)
● Crimson Dragon, Yukio Futatsugi Panzer Dragoon spiritual successor, has been moved to Xbox One. And we get a new E3 trailer! (Link, Thread)
● Powerstar Golf, by ZOE Mode, is what you would guess it to be. A stylish golfing game with...um...magical powers? (Link, Thread)
● Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is actually an Xbox 360 exclusive, of all things. A colorful action platformer with novel gameplay innovations. (Link)
● World of Tanks is coming out for the 360. As a free-toplay MMO action game with millions upon millions of players, seems a good win for Microsoft. (Link)
● Zoo Tycoon is back, but this time for Xbox One and 360. Seems to have all the gameplay you love from the series, but with a healthy Kinect interaction. (Link)
● New Xbox 360 Mini consoles have been announced. A 4GB system with no Kinect is $199.99; get it with Kinect for $299.99 or a 250GB model sans Kinect also for $299.99. (Link, Thread)
● Far Cry Classic has been leaked for the 360. Real early information, but seems to be just for this platform at the moment. (Link, Thread)

Amir0x

Banned

SONY

ps4bannert7l4u.jpg

June 6, 6:07PM(EST)

● DC Universe Online from Sony Online Entertainment has been announced for the PS4. This will allow you to continue your progress from the PS3 version. It'll be released as a digital download later this year. (Link, Thread)
● Planeside II from Sony Online Entertainment has also been confirmed for PS4. Also for release this year. (Link, Thread)
● Warframe, the free-to-play shooter from Digital Extremes, is definitely coming to PS4. It'll also be using DualShock 4 special functionality somehow. (Link, Thread)
● Drive Club - PS4's premiere racing game from Evolution Studios - has been propped up with some new footage pre-E3. (Link, Thread)

June 6, 6:34PM(EST)

● Super Motherload from XGen Studios is announced for PS4's downloadable service. (Link, Thread)

June 6, 9:45PM(EST)

● Tales of Symphonia Unisonant Pack has been announced. It's for PS3, and contains Gamecube title Tales of Symphonia and Dawn of the New World in HD, 60fps, new costumes, movies and more. Check out 1:17:00 in that link. (Link, Thread)
● Blacklight: Retribution, from Zombie Studios, is now making its way to PS4. Check out the E3 trailer! (Link, Thread)

June 7, 4:20PM(EST)

● Daylight has been announced from Zombie Studios, published by Atlus. Built in Unreal Engine 4, it's a horror game that uses randomly generated environments each time you enter a room. Check link for full details. For PS4/PC. (Link, Thread)

June 9, 7:31AM(EST)

● Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle for the PS3 was announced a while ago, but we've got a new leaked trailer for you to check out. It's a bit of a shaky cam, but official version should be out soon. (Link, Thread)

June 9, 2:29PM(EST)

● Tekken Revolution is a PS3 exclusive free-to-play take on the classic franchise, coming June 11, 2013. In it, you have the ability to level up characters key attributes alongside enjoying the fighting gameplay. (Link, Thread)

June 10, 6:23PM(EST)

● Destiny of Spirits, coming to PSVita, is a free-to-play "social RPG" in development at Sony Studio Japan with help from Q-Entertainment. Out in 2013, it's a strategy game of sorts where players work together in turn-based battles to unlock an expansive virtual world. (Link)
● Knack, PS4's ode to PS1-gen platformers, was demoed by Cerny today. Knack can talk, and he has a deep voice! Very impressive looking! (Link, Thread)

June 11, 12:48AM(EST)

● God of War: Collection has been announced for the PSVita. Nothing really interesting other than that. (Link, Thread)
● The Walking Dead: 400 Days is coming to PSVita in a bundle with the first 5 episodes with additional bonus content. This Summer. Rad. (Link)
● Grand Theft Auto V is going to have a special $299 bundle with PS3, a copy of the game and a rad GTA brand headset. (Link)
● PlayStation 4 Design has been shown! It's like XB1, but with a wicked slant. Gotta check it from all angles to understand. Very interesting take on a traditional design. (Link, Thread)
● The Order: 1886 has been revealed by Ready at Dawn with Sony Santa Monica partners, and it's some crazy steampunk monster romp through an alternate timeline. Insane graphics. (Link, Thread)
● Killzone: Shadow Fall had a new tease at the Sony conference. Looks pretty sick, you ask me, like a more open-ended take on the series. (Link)
● PS4 Launch Games confirmed so far are Killzone, Knack and Driveclub. InFamous: Second Son pushed to Q1 2014. (Link)
● InFamous: Second Son has a new trailer for E3, and it looks hot as hell. Unfortunately, that also came with the announcement that it's just barely going to miss launch, as it is slipping to Q1 2014. (Link, Thread)
● The Dark Sorcerer is... I have no fucking clue. It's from Quantic Dream. It's for PS4, it featured a sorcerer doing crazy shit and then it cut to green screen and him complaining about a script. Full reveal June 11. (Link, Thread)
● Transistor, from Supergiant Games, will be making its debut on PS4 and PC early next year; no other platforms announced as far as I can find. Trailer looked neat. (Link, Thread)
● Sony Pictures PS Exclusive Content will be coming to PS4. Other than that it'll be new original entertainment and that it's exclusive, no word as to what form this will take. (Link)
● Mercenary Kings, like the 6 games immediately beneath this entry, will have its console debut on PS4. From Tribute Games, it seems to be a hand-drawn run 'n gun that looks intense as hell. (Link, Thread)
● Secret Ponchos, from Switchblade Monkeys/Yousuf Mapara, also debuting first on PS4. Inspired by Spaghetti westerns, it looks pretty neat. (Link, Thread)
● Don't Starve is already popular on PC, but it'll be coming to consoles on PS4 first. Taking place in a randomly generated world, you must exploit your environment to survive. (Link, Thread)
● Outlast was already catching buzz due to the "How Scary is Outlast?" video from IGN, but now we find out it's coming to PS4 as well. (Link, Thread)
● Octodad: Dadliest Catch, from newbie developers Young Horses, is an expansion of that weird flippy floppy tech demo-ish Octopus Dad game that has been floating around PC for a while. Truly bizarre. (Link, Thread)
● Galak-Z: The Dimensional, from the creators or Skulls of the Shogun, 17-bit games, is coming to PS4. No other details other than he wants the game to have a 16-bit feel. (Link, Thread)
● Ray's The Dead, a so-called spiritual successor to Stubbs the Zombie that was on Kickstarter until it was abruptly taken down for "great news", has now shown its cards: It's coming to PS4 in its 'exclusive console debut.' (Link, Thread)
● Final Fantasy XIV is also coming to PS4. Previously announced for PS3/PC, so this is a bonus for you early adopters. (Link)
● Drive Club will be available FREE on PS+ for a year on PS4! (Link, Thread)
● PS+ Required for Multiplayer on the PS4. Sorry guys, everything couldn't be good news. But on the plus side, all media services will remain free for everyone. (Link, Thread)
● PS4 has no DRM confirmed - no online to check your games, rent, lending, borrowing all good. The true gamer's machine. (Link, Thread)
● PS4 Price has been announced, and we won't be breaking our banks! $399, €399 and £349, respectively. I'd say that's worth it for a platform with no DRM restrictions. (Link, Thread)
● PS4 Harddrive will come packed in and is 500GB. Additionally, the system comes with a headset, but no Eyetoy. (Link, Thread)
● Sony's Gaikai Cloud Service is launching in 2014. First it will allow the PS3 and PS4 to stream PS3 games; and from there Sony will add that support to Vita. (Link, Thread)
● 140 PS4 Games in development, with more than 30 of those being by Sony Worldwide Studios. Click through for just a list of the ones they could announce. (Link)
● Beyond, coming out later this year for PS3, has a huge E3 2013 debut with this trailer that takes place in Somalia or something. (Link, Thread)
● Gran Turismo 6, PS3's true swan song, has had a smashing E3 info dump. Check out the neoGAF topic for full info, but there's a trailer at the link. (Link, Thread)
● No Last Guardian... I'm just putting this here to cry. Consider it this OP's Easter Egg. *sobs*
● Diablo III was announced previously for PS4 and PS3, but this time it's been revealed it will have exclusive items from various PlayStation franchises including Journey and Uncharted. (Link)
● Final Fantasy XV has been announced, formerly VersusXIII. Edit - now confirmed for XBO and PS4. Looks absolutely crazy now. (Link, Thread)
● Kingdom Hearts III has been announced. Edit - now confirmed for XBO and PS4. Definitely super early as you can tell from the video. (Link, Thread)

June 11, 4:10AM(EST)

● PS4 is Region-Free! Shuhei Yoshida and SCEI PR both confirmed this exciting bit of news. Sony seems intent on checking off that lists for gamers. (Link, Thread)
● PS4 Menu/UI has been demonstrated in this interesting promotional clip from the conference. Shows multitasking, and the ability to choose whether to download single or multi player portion of any title you purchase so you can pick which you play first. (Link, Thread)

June 11, 5:15PM(EST)

● Drive Club PS+ Edition is not quite as good of a deal as we thought. Has all the modes and stuff, but less cars and tracks than the full game. Still... (Link, Thread)
● Killzone: Shadowfall for PS4 had an extensive E3 2013 demo walkthrough on Gamespot. Showcases the new approach to gameplay, the outstanding visuals, wider open areas... worth a watch even if you're skeptical about the series. (Link, Thread)

June 12, 5:37AM(EST)

● The Playroom is a tech demo demonstrating what the DualShock 4 and the PS4 Camera can do in conjunction. It's actually pretty amusing if you're into this sort of thing. Which I'm not. (Link, Thread)
● ibb & obb is a two-player co-op puzzle game where gravity goes up and down, according to the description. For the PS3/PC at the moment, looks rad as hell. (Link)

Amir0x

Banned

MULTIPLATFORM/MISC

multiplatformbanneroey81.jpg

June 6, 6:09PM(EST)

● Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3/360) is going to be released 2/11/2014 in the US and 2/14/2014 in Europe. (Link, Thread)
● Kiefer Sutherland has been revealed to be the voice of the new Snake in Metal Gear Solid V. (Link, Thread)
● Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 has had something of a coming out today; gameplay and trailers have been released from MercurySteam/Konami. (Link, Thread)
● Murdered: Suspect Souls has been revealed from publisher SquareEnix for PS3/360/PC. In it, you play a man who has been murdered and must find out who did it as a ghost... like a dark, violent Ghost Trick or some shit. (Link, Thread)
● Oculus Rift support for Unreal Engine 4 has been revealed by Epic Games. This is huge win for the Oculus devs. (Link, Thread)

June 6, 6:45PM(EST)

● Serious Sam 4 has been announced by Croteam. They're utilizing a Humble Weekly Sale to fund it, almost like a Kickstarter. No platforms announced as of yet. (Link, Thread)
● NBA LIVE 14 is actually going to be "exclusive" to PS4 and Xbox One. So it's not a cross gen title, holy shit! This seems to be a response to the way 2k games handled the transition into the PS360 gen. (Link, Thread)

June 6, 8:28PM(EST)

● Saint's Row IV is still looking like the result of the world's most fucked up acid trip. Can a game get any more balls-the-wall? See if you agree by watching its "War for Humanity" trailer! (Link, Thread)
● Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 had its day in the sun at the Konami pre-E3 conference. Available for PS3/360/PC/PSP, it is not yet jumping on the next-gen consoles but still has a list of features you may find appealing. (Link, Thread)

June 6, 9:45PM(EST)

● NBA2k14 has been revealed by 2K Sports, so as not to be overshadowed by EA Sports NBA announcement. Unlike NBA Live, this one is coming out for current gen consoles too... on PS3/360/PC/PS4/XB1, to be exact. No Wii U version this year. Out October 1. (Link, Thread)
● Wolfenstein: The New Order had an earlier reveal, but they released a special E3 trailer. Game takes place in the 1960s, but an alternate timeline where there are mecha nazis. Yeah. For PS3/360/PC/PS4/XBO. (Link, Thread)

June 7, 5:52AM(EST)

● Killer is Dead is the latest weird Suda 51 outing. We've already seen a lot of stuff from it, but here is the latest trailer. (Link, Thread)
● Dying Light - the game from the maker's of Dead Island, Techland - It was announced a back on the 23 of May, but now we got an E3 CG trailer. It's a survival horror game set in an open world. (Link, Thread)

June 7, 4:20PM(EST)

● Skylanders: Swap Force has had its platforms announced, and it's basically everything. For PS4/PS3/XboxOne/Xbox360/Wii U made by Vicarious Visions, Wii version by Beenox, 3DS by n-space. (Link, Thread)

June 9, 7:33AM(EST)

● Runescape 3, PC sequel in a series with over 200 million players clicking into the world of Gielinor over the years, has its first screenshots out. I actually think it looks pretty nice, considering what it is. (Link, Thread)
● Modern Combat 5, another one of them clone games from Gameloft, definitely has the visuals thing going for it though. Check out the trailer for the iOS/Android game here. (Link, Thread)
● Thief - the latest game in the dark, stealth series for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC - has had a E3 2013 CG trailer unleashed. I'm sure we'll get more substantial video soon. (Link, Thread)
● Nosgoth, a new game in the Legacy of Kain universe not developed by Crystal Dynamics, won't be at E3. But this news leaked anyway, and it's a multiplayer focused game. You can go ahead and cry now. (Link, Thread)

June 9, 2:59PM(EST)

● Call of Duty: Ghosts - revealed back on May 21 with that now infamous dog - has unveiled some next-gen footage of the game. For PS4/XBO/PS3/360/PC and maybe Wii U. (Link, Thread)

June 10, 6:00AM(EST)

● Just Dance 2014 has been leaked on the XBL marketplace, complete with images and everything. They quickly took it down but, ya know, Ninjas. Seems they have Ghostbusters in this one too. No platforms listed yet but, obviously, 360 will be one. (Link, Thread)

June 10, 6:24PM(EST)

● Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain has had a spectacular E3 trailer revealed at the Microsoft conference. For PS3/PS4/XBO/360. (Link, Thread)
● Battlefield 4 has already been announced for PC/PS4/PS3/360/XBO, but now we get news that its "Second Assault" DLC will be headed first to XBO. Check out the latest E3 gameplay trailer. Also, Commander Mode is back! (Link, Thread)
● Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, developed by CD Projekt, is for PS4/XBO/PC, and looks about as absolutely insane as you'd expect. As an ambitious open-world RPG, it has me salivating at least... and if you like Kinect, it's got voice commands on XBO. (Link, Thread)
● Star Wars: Battlefront has been teased at E3. Utilizing the Frostbite 3 Engine, it shows an AT-AT stomping a vehicle in Hoth. Not much more information at the moment, other than its developed by DICE. (Link, Thread)
● Mirror's Edge 2 has been announced and it's for PS4/Xbox One/PC. Thank the Gods. And it doesn't look like they focus grouped it to death! Watch the trailer for a good tease. (Link, Thread)
● Madden 25 had its blow out at the EA conference. We learned about "Player Sense", which allows you to scan the environment and react on the fly, and "War in the Trenches". More details in my links. (Link)
● NBA Live, previously announced just for XBO/PS4, is focusing on dribbling with a new feature called 'bounceTek.' Supposedly, no basketball game has ever approached dribbling like this. (Link, Thread)
● EA Sports UFC breaks out with this E3 2013 trailer. It's a lot of fluff, but you get a taste of what it will be like. Out Spring 2014. (Link)
● Fifa 14, for XBO/PS4/PS3/360/PSV/PSP/3DS is being called "the most authentic football game in history." With talk about the stadium being alive, it's interesting to note only PS4 and XBO versions will use the next-gen "Ignite Engine." (Link, Thread)
● Need for Speed: Rivals, for PC/PS3/PS4/XBO/360, is said to blur the line between single player and multiplayer with its "all-drive" feature. Showed two people separately playing as a racer and a cop; NFS: Rivals then put them in a game together automatically. (Link, Thread)
● Dragon Age: Inquisition will be out Fall 2014, for PC/360/XBO/PS3/PS4. An open world game, with Morrigan confirmed to be returning. Check the trailer! (Link, Thread)
● Peggle 2, from EA, has been announced for release later this year. No platforms yet, but hey it's coming! (Link, Thread)
● Batman: Arkham Origins, for PC/PS3/WiiU/360 releasing 10/25/2013, has a E3 gameplay trailer for your consumption. Definitely looks wild. (Link, Thread)
● Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII is has already had plenty of information disseminated about it, but here's your E3 2013 gameplay demo footage. (Link, Thread)
● Command & Conquer also has its E3 trailer debut. Not only that, but a Closed Beta is coming this summer. Sign up at thread link. (Link, Thread)

June 10, 6:51PM(EST)

● The Crew, developed by Ubisoft, is coming to PS4 and Xbox One. It's like a gigantic open world racing game, that looks sort of like a mix of Driver and Test Drive. It's kind of wild looking to be honest.(Link, Thread)
● South Park: The Stick of Truth slipped THQ's hands to land with Ubisoft, but it doesn't look like it has lost any of its hilarious RPG appeal. For PC/PS3/360. Check the E3 2013 Trailer. (Link, Thread)
● Rocksmith 2014 has been announced at the Ubisoft Conference. Coming October, Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains said "Stone" from their 2013 album will be in the game. Kinect functionality for XBO version. (Link, Thread)
● The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot is a tongue-in-cheek loot whore RPG from Ubisoft. It was announced a while back, but we have an E3 trailer fresh out of the oven for you. (Link)
● Rayman Legends has been through bumpy waters this year, but it's definitely coming together. Check out the "Barbara the Barbarian" trailer for E3 2013! Link)

June 10, 7:07PM(EST)

● Trials Fusion was announced for the XBO/PS4/360/PC today. Same crazy concept, but turned up to eleven. (Link, Thread)
● Trials Frontiers will be for iOS/Android and will have the series trademark gameplay, although not much else is known. (Link)
● Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare will arrive first on XBO, then later on Xbox 360. Also on PS3/PC. It's a third-person multiplayer four player co-op action title. Contains multiple classes each with their own abilities. (Link, Thread)

June 10, 7:32PM(EST)

● The Division is a brand new open world online RPG in the Tom Clancy universe from Ubisoft. Lots of talk about the collapse of society, operation Darkwinter. But long story short, you have to save what's left. (Link, Thread)
● Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, on PS4/XBO/360/PS3/PC/etc, had yet another showing, this time with lots of gameplay in the mix. Also sounds like they're going back to AC1 for open ended design inspiration. (Link)
● Dark Souls 2, on PC/360/PS3, isn't going to miss out on E3 2013. You probably already know what to expect, but that doesn't make this trailer any less drool-worthy. (Link, Thread)

June 11, 12:51AM(EST)

● Elder Scrolls Online is coming to PS4 (and PC/XBO), but will have a BETA available first on the platform. (Link, Thread)
● Mad Max from Avalance Studios has been revealed for XBO/PC/PS4, but will have a "Road Warrior" exclusive to the PS4. (Link, Thread)
● Destiny, the massively multiplayer online shooter from Bungie, was previously announced for PS4/XBO/360/PS3, but now check out this gameplay reveal! (Link, Thread)
● Watch Dogs is getting an hour of exclusive content on PS3 and PS4, but it will be available on 360/WiiU/XBO too. Check out the latest. (Link, Thread)
● Batman: Arkham Origins is coming to multiple platforms, but it will have an exclusive DLC and a 1960s costume on PS3. (Link)
● Abe's oddysee: New 'n' Tasty is coming to PC/PS3/360/PS3/Vita and now... PS4. According to the conference, it'll debut first on PlayStation platforms. (Link
● NBA2k14 had its debut today. Shown during the Sony Conference for PS4, also coming to XBO and more. Just a Lebron James tech demo for you now. (Link)
● LEGO Marvel Superheroes has been announced for the Xbox One and PS4. Tons of classic characters, such as Magneto, playable. Looks excellent. (Link, Thread)
● The Walking Dead: 400 Days has officially been announced from Telltale Games. For PC/360/PS3/Vita, it follows five characters as they try to survive in one single, thrilling episode. (Link, Thread)

June 11, 3:56PM(EST)

● Contrast from Compulsion Games is a puzzle/platformer where you can become a shadow and navigate the environment that way. Where have I heard that before? For PS3/360/PC/PS4. (Link)
● Watch Dogs really looks like a complete package now in this stunning E3 2013 Demo Walkthrough. Check your platform listings, but it's for PS4/XBO/WiiU/PS3/360 and probably everything else who knows. (Link, Thread)
● Diablo III has been confirmed for 360 and PS3! Releases on September 3rd. (Link)
● Final Fantasy XV has been confirmed to be for Xbox One as well as PS4. So, don't worry Microsoft fans. (Link, Thread)
● Kingdom Hearts III has been confirmed for the Xbox One as well as PS4. So, third party multiplatform forever continues into the future. (Link, Thread)

June 12, 5:22AM(EST)

● Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number has been announced, albeit over twitter, basically. Not much to say, other than this little teaser image. So get ready for more gratuitous ultra violent pure gameplay! (Link, Thread)
● Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut is no longer Wii U exclusive. PS3/360/PC/MAC versions will be available, with second screen functionality working via Smart Glass or Vita if you like. (Link, Thread)
● Pac-Man Museum from Namco is on WiiU/PS3/360/PC/3DS. Features a walk through Pac-Man's history, from the original game up to Championship Edition. Seems like an amazing deal. (Link, Thread)
● Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - for PS3/360/Win8/Steam - is an upgrade to the critically acclaimed 2010 version, with access to DLC maps, special fanservice visuals and music from Dig Dug/Rally-X, new leaderboards, etc. (Link, Thread)

June 13, 6:16PM(EST)

● Fez 2 is in development! I cannot possibly be more elated! Other than Disasterpeace returning and a short musical teaser and logo, that's pretty much it for info on it! I'll be there to play it when it comes out in 5, 6 or 7 years. (Link, Thread)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
it's that time of the year again! I love e3 season. I'll probably be watching the conferences while I work, but this thread is invaluable. Thanks as always, Amir0x!

Amir0x

Banned
No problems guys, I really do enjoy collecting all the news... it's soothing AND it helps keep me really informed myself. Anyway, now I'm going to go relax for a few hours and start updating when I get back :)

jordisok

I gotta ask (genuinely) what's soothing about organising news posts?
If it isn't basking in the warm embrace of gaf appreciation

Amir0x

Banned
I gotta ask (genuinely) what's soothing about organising news posts?
If it isn't basking in the warm embrace of gaf appreciation

For me it's simply the understated joy of organization, the collecting of data into little lists and easy-to-digest bites. It's hard to relate if you're not into that sort of thing, but it's almost like my little slice of zen.

jordisok

For me it's simply the understated joy of organization, the collecting of data into little lists and easy-to-digest bites. It's hard to relate if you're not into that sort of thing, but it's almost like my little slice of zen.

Cool! I kinda get it. Muddled/difficult to digest news feeds are frustrating as hell.

Took a look at that E3 2006 thread.

"Sony showcased a new game from Naughty Dog, currently Untitled. It featured a man running through a jungle and dodging various things."

How far we've come...

Eliciel

"Sony showcased a new game from Naughty Dog, currently Untitled. It featured a man running through a jungle and dodging various things."

How far we've come...

This is awesome. You're right...I am really looking forward to Sony's conference this year. Surprise me :)!

Awesome thread thanks a lot OP! I will definitely check this already bookmarked :)

Amir0x

Banned

How far we've come...

oh my god I said Heavenly Sword looked spectacular in that topic

I think I'm going to be sick >_<

oh my god I said Heavenly Sword looked spectacular in that topic

I think I'm going to be sick >_<

Don't forget:

"Sonic the Hedgehog is slowly improving. Now sportin' a slick 60fps according to IGN, it focuses on the speed, control and wild aerial jumps that made the Genesis games so memorable."

Amir0x

Banned
Does anyone have a quick list of the conference times throughout E3? Going to try to coordinate with some of them lol

Tonguer

This thread is a thing of beauty - looking forward to following this along with other sources. Thank you for the effort that will do into this the next several days.

June 6, 6:32PM(EST)

&#9679; Xbox One Connectivity, Licensing, etc details have finally been shared in a way that Microsoft can now never deny. And it's still what you thought it was, with only a few slight caveats making it only slightly better than getting your dick sliced off. (Link, Thread)

And thank you for the creative commentary, converting news to entertainment.

Corto

Great job Amirox! And to everyone, please be safe and have fun. What a ride this will be. The dawn of a new era!

Top Bottom