• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After 8 Eeveelutions, which one is the Greatest?

Alright so every Pokémon fan usually has one favorite out of the possible eveelutions. They feel like the most customizable in evolving it into a Pokémon you want on your team through different ways. Which one is your favorite.
My favorite is my boy Flareon.
Despite all the hate he gets, he looks badass and has served me well in every play through I used him. Granted his Level up moves are terrible his attack is pretty damn nice which is my main thing. I mean looking at this fucking thing...
flareon_v_2_by_xous54.png

Badass
What about you Gaf?

The original 3 designs are by far the weakest. I normally hate "pink" creatures, but Sylveon succeeds in actually being adorable.

Kneefoil

Eevee > Espeon == Umbreon > Glaceon > Jolteon > Flareon > Vaporeon > Sylveon > Leafeon

I don't really care about stats or abilities or anything. This ranking is purely based on looks.

Sami+

Anything but Sylveon tbh. My favorite is either Espeon or Vaporeon, they just look really elegant and cool.

Bakkus

We had this thread not too long ago. My answer is either Jolteon or Espeon. Can't choose between them.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I always struggle to rank them. I think my top three might be Espeon, Umbreon, and Glaceon.

Sylveon>Leafeon>Umbreon>Glaceon>Espeon>Jolteon>Vaporeon>Flareon

Flareon sucks, sorry OP.

The original 3 designs are by far the weakest. I normally hate "pink" creatures, but Sylveon succeeds in actually being adorable.

The fact that Sylveon is anybody's favorite (and in fact, many people's) is my healthy reminder that the world is full of very diverse tastes.

None of them quite reach my "favorite Pokemon" list though.

Yeah, this is where I'm at. I'm still waiting for one to break into that crowd.

Kenai

I didn't much care for any of the eeveelutions until Umbreon carried me through Pokemon colosseum. So through my vote in for Umbreon, looks awesome too

Zubz

Banned
tumblr_n30ey6uguc1twwdivo1_500.png

Espeon's my favorite, but I'll admit. a fair chunk of that was Gold nostalgia. If I just got into the series now, I'd probably be going with Leafeon, who does not get enough love. Design-wise, I can't deny it's my favorite. It's just too bad the only Eeveelution I can make work on my team is Sylveon.

cc7ffbd7e35fbcecb21cb79bf18b52d5b4f67a0d_hq.jpg

Why evolve perfection?

250px-133Eevee.png

I still pray for the day we get a pure-normal Eeveelution. And that it's just a larger Eevee camed "Eeeveee."

Black_Red

Sylveon

latest

Not a big fan of the design (even on my mono-fairy team) but Choice Specs hyper voice landed so many surprise OHKOs.

Proof:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jolteon: 270-318 (99.6 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 204 HP / 56 SpD Vaporeon: 255-300 (56.4 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 308-366 (78.1 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Espeon: 270-318 (80.8 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

conveniently avoiding the Flareon calculator

I also have a Choice specs Jolteon on my normal team.

Definitely Sylveon. Great design and a pretty strong Pokemon.

I don't care for the original trio of Eeveelutions but I think all of the other designs are solid.

Ydelnae

Umbreon and Espeon are my favorites, but all of them are pretty good designs. If Sylveon had a different eye colouring and one less ribbon I think the design would improve a lot.

EndMerit

Umbreon and Espeon are both S-tier designs, but I think I like Eevee and Jolteon even more.

Rest of them are at about the same level, with this one honorable mention:
b16.png

Keinning

vaporeon is just 2 strong

Specially for nuzlockes. Game saver.
Jolteon is cool too but the games got increasingly numbers of cool electric pokemon i'd rather use otherwise

Flareon is the worst for game purposes. Design wise never been a fan of leafeon and sylveon

Top Bottom