• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

? I'm not sure I understand, sorry.

I just mean that if you wanted to play by yourself (I assume what the team killers want) then you can just do a solo THunt or one with a party and not go into public match making where people like you are just trying to have fun. So I don't understand the team killers :p

Foxxsoxx

So after getting an ace 1v5 a few days ago and feeling fucking phenomenal I got off the game in a great mood. I knew picking the game up tonight would ruin that awesome feeling.

First game I go 8-4 and we lose because 3 teammates quit. Teammates then immediately try to kick me since they die within the first 30 seconds.

Second game I'm immediately kicked for not picking recruit. Neat.

Third game 3 teammates quit immediately. Last one is literally a 5 year old on mic. Great.

Fourth game I get paired up with level 2 level 0 and 10-15s. The other team is 100-200s platinum+. My team gets fucking wrecked.

Fifth game and 4 teammates quit. Join 0-2.

Sixth game I wait in matchmaking for 8 minutes and get put into a Ranked match 1-5. These guys don't even try to laugh the situation off and immediately try their fucking hardest to kill me. I go Jager and surround myself with trophy systems and barb wire while they drone the place out. I spin around prone as fast as humanly possible knowing my inevitable fate. They rush in and immediately dome me as if their life depended on it. Annoyed I actually tried afterwards and I went 7-4 and at least tried to have fun with that one but I just can't stand the community this game has.

giphy.gif

I just mean that if you wanted to play by yourself (I assume what the team killers want) then you can just do a solo THunt or one with a party and not go into public match making where people like you are just trying to have fun. So I don't understand the team killers :p

Ah, gotcha. I actually like playing with others and thankfully, it was that only round. Played a few more matches with normal people so my opinion of the game hasn't soured...yet haha

TCRS

Banned
did they change the graphics on the game? I've got a feeling it's brighter now also with more lingering smoke after explosions etc but with less draw distance. weird.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Position compromised followed by three opponents dropping out of different windows to kill off the remaining players. What is this, A-Team The Video Game?

Got back to the game after a loooooong break. Such a long break that I thought you could jump with the A-button, lol.

Got this on the way from amazon. Is there a group that plays regularly? I play a lot of fps but will be new to Siege.
I know there's some regulars on here, but I'm not sure if there usernames off the top of my head but i can give you some tips though.

1. Use a headset/headphones. Soundwhoring is probably about 30% of the requirements for gitting gud. Any stereo headphones/earphones will do fine.

2. As an attacker, try to save your drone from prep phase and use it at the start of round instead.

3. Don't take Thermite/Rook as your first operators to play as. You'll have more fun with Sledge/Ash or Jäger/Smoke.
Plus, I think it's pretty important to know some basics before playing Thermite. Like knowing how not to get spawn peeked, knowing what walls are important to breach and playing kinda passively until you've breached said walls.

Good luck getting into the game. Hope you enjoy it.

Giganteus

I keep getting into matches with no one speaking English in ranked, although not that often. It's still infuriating, though.

I think I'm going to take a break from the game until the next patch hits. The last few days playing have been really rough, in terms of the game's quality of life. I really wish this game was better around the edges, because the core of it is so, so good.

boinx

Yeah I gotta echo some of the complaints from earlier that right now the community seems a bit off.

I've been playing on ps4 about a year now and I don't know if the summer break began for kids or something but I've been getting a lot more team killers, general trollers and just people who ain't that good at the game. Just a couple months earlier, people behaved better than now. But whatever, the game is still a blast to play.

mf.luder

Yeah I gotta echo some of the complaints from earlier that right now the community seems a bit off.

I've been playing on ps4 about a year now and I don't know if the summer break began for kids or something but I've been getting a lot more team killers, general trollers and just people who ain't that good at the game. Just a couple months earlier, people behaved better than now. But whatever, the game is still a blast to play.

Right now we are in a little lull, no new map, no new ops. I think vets are a little bored at the moment. You can only play so many serious matches in a row.

Magwik

Banned
Matchmaking in general seems less consistent than before.
It's a lot quicker sure, but when my group of 5 has over a hundred hours in the game each and have been getting matched with entirely new players, there's an issue.

Erban1

I think summer vacation is definitely contributing to it, I've played with a ton of obnoxious kids in the past few weeks. I'm hoping things improve soon, or I may have to run solo ranked and hope things are better.

andycapps

Might explain an influx.

I dunno. I'm like level 110 and I get matched with all sorts. I only play Casual because I'm by myself though tbh there's no real difference between the quality of players in ranked and casual.

I can't tell if this is thread satire or serious. Because I know some actually have this opinion.

Been playing a ton of this in casual mode, hit rank 25 last night.

A guy in my friend and I's group last night was saying ranked is more fun than casual. Is that true? Not sure if I want to even invest the time.

Been playing a ton of this in casual mode, hit rank 25 last night.

A guy in my friend and I's group last night was saying ranked is more fun than casual. Is that true? Not sure if I want to even invest the time.

Longer matches (4-9 rounds instead of 3-5), shorter rounds (3 minutes instead of 4), and you get to pick where you spawn and also what site you defend.

I prefer ranked, I find it more enjoyable. I'd say casual is more fun though since it's not taken seriously and you can just have some chilled out games.

Longer matches (4-9 rounds instead of 3-5), shorter rounds (3 minutes instead of 4), and you get to pick where you spawn and also what site you defend.

I prefer ranked, I find it more enjoyable. I'd say casual is more fun though since it's not taken seriously and you can just have some chilled out games.

Cool! I guess I'll only try out ranked if my group wants to, otherwise I'll stay in casual mode. Thanks for the response.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Just watched Macie get a perma ban on stream. He's always been a favorite to watch and get stomped by in matchmaking, gonna be a real shame if Ubi comes out with some evidence against him. Reaaaaaally hoping it's a false positive.

LAM09

Just watched Macie get a perma ban on stream. He's always been a favorite to watch and get stomped by in matchmaking, gonna be a real shame if Ubi comes out with some evidence against him. Reaaaaaally hoping it's a false positive.

Either Ubi had a major clean up or something's wrong with Battleye. I'd go with the latter, as Macie Jay's content will be done otherwise.

Edit: They've unbanned him. Always some muck up involving this game.

andycapps

I think there's waves of false bans going out by Battleeye. One of the players from Penta got banned as well. I don't think Macie cheats. He got unbanned so should be good to go now.

I don't know what it is but this last patch.. My shots aren't registering. Guys literally been turning around and killing me

Edit: yeah something is screwed. On my screen i see the person for a second and dead. Like one shot kills.. On the kill cam, they have let off 6 to 7 rounds.

Disgraced

Is it suicide to roll solo in ranked?
It's difficult and even tougher to climb without an acquainted team. At level 170 on Xbox I could maintain gold alone. At level ~80-130 I could maintain silver. I needed friends to make plat. So it's not necessarily suicide, but it's probably suicidal.

I did know a clanmate who made it to plat solo. He was just committed and very seasoned.

---

I'm on PC now too and was wondering if anybody'd be down to play some time. (If my shitty, shitty shitposts and my earnestly attempted but still shitty posts don't dissuade you, that is.)

Steam: Disgraced
Uplay: DisgracedSnake

I can do Discord, Skype, whatever.

mf.luder

I don't know what it is but this last patch.. My shots aren't registering. Guys literally been turning around and killing me

Edit: yeah something is screwed. On my screen i see the person for a second and dead. Like one shot kills.. On the kill cam, they have let off 6 to 7 rounds.

You are familiar with peekers advantage and ping, right?

You are familiar with peekers advantage and ping, right?

Yeah definitely.. I would catch those b.s. moments here and there but the past 2 days have been horrible. Im not talking about getting the peekers advantage. I had a guy literally empty a handgun at me and it was a one shot on my screen. 4 shotgun shells.. Only one on my screen.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best player or anything. I can hold my own. But i am literally losing every fire fight I get into.

andycapps

It's difficult and even tougher to climb without an acquainted team. At level 170 on Xbox I could maintain gold alone. At level ~80-130 I could maintain silver. I needed friends to make plat. So it's not necessarily suicide, but it's probably suicidal.

I did know a clanmate who made it to plat solo. He was just committed and very seasoned.

---

I'm on PC now too and was wondering if anybody'd be down to play some time. (If my shitty, shitty shitposts and my earnestly attempted but still shitty posts don't dissuade you, that is.)

Steam: Disgraced
Uplay: DisgracedSnake

I can do Discord, Skype, whatever.
I'll add you

Disgraced

HAY GUYS HAY GUYS HAY GUYS

THEY FINALLY RELEASED A NEW UNIFORM

FOR ASH

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I totally forgot I needed to have PS+ to play this. Sadly, it's not enough to make me buy a new PS+ sub. I suddenly question why I need to pay for online play again. Time to buy this on sale for PC. How's the PC scene, full of hackers?

I... huh? I mean... that's what happened? There was a chunk of false positives (as there often are with this sort of thing) and there's the closely related shitstorm over removing renown from SP as well but... that's what happened?
I was laughing because those false positives are atrocious. There's no need to downplay it. There's a specific thing you can do to trigger getting banned by battleye according to Epi. Macie isn't allowed to tell us what it is. Macie Jay was saying on stream that his career would've been over if he was smaller and this happened to him. Getting banned for cheating mid game is a reputation ruinner for most people. Not everyone has a developer watching their stream whilst it's happening to vouch for them

I was laughing because those false positives are atrocious. There's no need to downplay it. There's a specific thing you can do to trigger getting banned by battleye according to Epi. Macie isn't allowed to tell us what it is. Macie Jay was saying on stream that his career would've been over if he was smaller and this happened to him. Getting banned for cheating mid game is a reputation ruinner for most people. Not everyone has a developer watching their stream whilst it's happening to vouch for them

From what i hear they were doing a massive ban cause people found a way to abuse farming renown on solo terriost hunt. Being able to 50,000 in a few hours. And also because of this they aren't going to allow people to earn renown from Lone Wolf terrorist hunt and replaying Situations.

Like they banned 3,000 people

OG Kush

There's a specific thing you can do to trigger getting banned by battleye according to Epi. Macie isn't allowed to tell us what it is.
So there's something a user can do that is not exactly hacking/editing game files etc than can still get you banned? I'm all for banning racist users and constant TKers and such but this doesn't sound something like that?

From what i hear they were doing a massive ban cause people found a way to abuse farming renown on solo terriost hunt. Being able to 50,000 in a few hours. And also because of this they aren't going to allow people to earn renown from Lone Wolf terrorist hunt and replaying Situations.

This really fucking pisses me off. When my friend isn't online, I like to listen to a podcast or music and chill out while grinding some T Hunts. It's a form of relaxation for me. Now they're taking away the main incentive of doing so. Guess I just won't play your game then Ubi if you can't be bothered finding a proper solution to the problem, why should I be bothered sticking around?

AlexBasch

Is there any reason why my teammates won't grab Rook's plates? I always pick him for defense, lay the set in there and only I and some other dude actually grab it, while the rest ignores it. Does it make you slower, has it any setbacks or anything? I thought it'd be helpful.

This really fucking pisses me off. When my friend isn't online, I like to listen to a podcast or music and chill out while grinding some T Hunts. It's a form of relaxation for me. Now they're taking away the main incentive of doing so. Guess I just won't play your game then Ubi if you can't be bothered finding a proper solution to the problem, why should I be bothered sticking around?

I don't get this either. It's not like earning renown is giving you some kind of edge, you're just able to buy cosmetic items, so why is it a problem that you can earn it easily in single player modes?

Top Bottom