• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When someone calls you "boss" or "chief"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrankyJay

Banned
...do you see this as a compliment or an insult?

I personally think it's condescending when someone in a customer service position calls you that.

I fully expect each response to end in "boss", "chief", "champ", "tiger" etc. :lol

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I always respond with a "what do you want" in my best snake voice...9 times out 10 they always stop after that.

CrankyJay

Banned
rezuth said:
This greek I buy food from keeps calling me Boss all the time, I like it :lol

:lol

How about "my main man?"

Sai%CC%88dTaghmaoui16.jpg

Talon

Grow a pair, kiddo.

I tend to address people as kiddo, champ, and chief pretty frequently, but only to people that I'm close with, otherwise it probably seems a little pedantic.

I use guy and bud every once in a while. If someone were to call me one of those or chief or boss, I'd give them shit for it because it is certainly condescending, but I wouldn't really care too much because I do the same thing.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

ruuk

Any term can be condescending, it depends on the circumstances. Look at A.D.A. Ben Stone, he would call people "Sir" every time 'fuckface' might have been more appropriate.

freddy

Banned
My doctor had been calling me boss for a while and I asked him why one day. He said I reminded him of his ex boyfriend and he used to call him boss too. I always thought it was strange that he used to feel my balls when I had a sore throat.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
CrankyJay said:
...do you see this as a compliment or an insult?

I personally think it's condescending when someone in a customer service position calls you that.

I fully expect each response to end in "boss", "chief", "champ", "tiger" etc. :lol
When someone calls me boss, I usually presume they've done time in prison.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
bro'
bro-seph
bro-heim
bro-dizzle
bro-sizzle
bro-ly

sarcastic

brother

non-sarcastic

I've always felt weird when someone older than me calls me 'boss' or 'chief.' As if it's meant to be some indicator of status when shouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom