• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's announcement canceled, confirming once again that E3 sucks

Domino Theory said:
Okay? And Squeenix said "FFXIII cannot be done on other consoles".. ?

This goes exactly with what the SI is telling us. "REMAIN CALM" "KEEP IT CLEAN" "USE STAIRWAY (emphasizing people running around in panic)"

*Sigh

Stop getting in my head and making me believe.

v-for-vendettacopy.png

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

DuckRacer

God's Beard said:
This is the best E3 ever. More disappointments than there have ever been megatons :lol
I know you're being sarcastic with the first sentence, but this is the worst E3 ever. I hope it's killed and never comes back.

Replicant

BUNGIE: So we have this game about plumbers...
MS: Do not want for we have FFXIII
BUNGIE: .......
SONY: Well, hello there sexy....

soldat7

Hunahan said:

Derailing something that has been carefully orchestrated for months AND pissing off thousands of fans? Good gosh. Pathetic is the only word I can think of at the moment.

MrDaravon

Assuming this isn't some ploy (which I don't think it is), this doesn't make any sense, this actually kills a lot of goodwill and hype MS had going after the FF13 announcement.

It just doesn't make sense to cancel though.

You don't just being a viral campaign months in advance just to let it flop out within the last 12 hours.

It has to be fake.

If not... this is seriously Bungie's fault on the matter, they shouldn't have started this viral campaign if they didn't have the Publsher's go ahead and promise in the bag.

Dirtbag

the press is going to lynch MS....

Get some sony fanboys in here to laugh at us, STAT!

I want to remember this moment well!!!

ryan2215 said:
really, a jackass move by Bungie and whoever else. Bungies been getting a pass so far b/c they passed the buck to their MYSTERIOUS publisher, but they, not the publisher are the ones who put up the countdown, whipped all THEIR fans up into a frenzy and then, right before a percieved christmas morning put the tree through the woodchipper and burned all the toys.

They, Bungie, are big boys now, and can't be forced by anybody to pull such a dick move like this, so, quit giving them a pass.

They could have stood up for their fans. It's as simple as,
publish->hey we don't think you should make this announcement now, why don't you pull it?
bungie->um, no.

We already know that Microsoft/EA/Activision/whoever suck, but now we know that Bungie cares about their fans just as much as those guys do, which is close to nothing as long as they can get soccer moms to buy their shiny boxes at wal-mart. Once they lose money a few quarters in a row, it's all about the fans. As long as they're selling, unmitigated arrogance.

Reverse psychology. Bungie will never catch on.

im really not sure if im supposed to feel pissed or just not give a shit...guess the numbness of this years E3 and the sorry ass direction our industry is going towards has me jaded for anything gaming related at this point

TDG

Banned
ryan2215 said:
really, a jackass move by Bungie and whoever else. Bungies been getting a pass so far b/c they passed the buck to their MYSTERIOUS publisher, but they, not the publisher are the ones who put up the countdown, whipped all THEIR fans up into a frenzy and then, right before a percieved christmas morning put the tree through the woodchipper and burned all the toys.

They, Bungie, are big boys now, and can't be forced by anybody to pull such a dick move like this, so, quit giving them a pass.

We already know that Microsoft/EA/Activision/whoever suck, but now we know that Bungie cares about their fans just as much as those guys do, which is close to nothing as long as they can get soccer moms to buy their shiny boxes at wal-mart. Once they lose money a few quarters in a row, it's all about the fans. As long as they're selling, unmitigated arrogance.
Are you shitting me? Bungie has been carefully laying out this breadcrumb trail for months, and they've always been good to their fans. It makes no sense at all that they would be the ones to pull the plug on this.

Now, if MS wanted to pull the plug on this they have many reasons to. Use your head before you try to be an internet tough guy and "call out Bungie" and tell us to "stop giving them a pass."

PS2 KID said:
My guess is that Microsoft probably thought FF13 announcement was enough for E3 and decided to put 'THAT HALO BULLET' away for another day.
Yeah, I'm sure Square just trashed MS event and announced FFXIII without their knowledge. Microsoft must have been pretty darn surprised. Kudos for acting so fast and being able to cancel this on such a short notice.

t4ng0

So now that its been confirmed serious by numerous sources...

what. the. fuck.

how can you even DO that the night before the reveal, to one of the most devoted fan bases out there?

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Kibbles said:
:eek: Do you guys not know who just posted? ;p

apparently not .. but i don't see why people would freak out so much if it was just a delayed announcement. it's not as if they canceled the game or project

KdoubleA

WTF? MS....WTF???

I was really looking forward to this!!

Seriously MS, why would you cancel this reveal...You certainly need it after this fucking lackluster E3!!!

the disgruntled gamer said:
Are you shitting me? Bungie has been carefully laying out this breadcrumb trail for months, and they've always been good to their fans. It makes no sense at all that they would be the ones to pull the plug on this.
What's up with the whole "expect delays" thing then?

TDG

Banned
FateBreaker said:
You guys are crying and hating Microsoft for this? Really? Quite pathetic. If you should be mad at anyone, it's Bungie.
Why should we be mad at them? Wasn't their decision.

jimbo

Banned
If it was a Microsoft game, I can understand. They were waiting to unveil it in case Sony or Nintendo had some big megatons. Since neither one really had anything to combat the FFXIII announcement, they could be saving it for another day.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
FFS, this E3 is like a nightmare that couldn't possibly happen in real life. I don't know how things could go more wrong.

DeadFalling said:
v-for-vendettacopy.png

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

I'm done with their bullshit.

Expect Me.

I think that picture is really great. :lol

JdFoX187

Banned
soldat7 said:
Reading. It's good for the brain.
There must be a logical reason for the publisher to cancel it on such short notice. Otherwise, like he's saying, it's Bungie's fault for going through with a viral countdown and not having full confirmation from the publisher. As I said before, don't get hyped, you don't get disappointed. People are acting like they're children who woke up on Christmas morning and were told Santa Clause didn't exist.

How the hell could Microsoft do this?!?! How can they pull the carpet out from under a months long campaign, with less than 12 hours to go?

Bungie, how could they let this happen. This is much their fault as Microsoft. I know that Microsoft is their publisher, but this is a huge betrayal to not only the fans but to Bungie itself. Microsoft threw Bungie under the bus and tarnished their representation. If I was in Bungie's shoes, I would not stand for this shit and I would go a long with the plan as scheduled.

Fuck Microsoft.

This is kinda retarded. It'd be better just to fucking bury the thing and pretend it never happened than make an open letter like that. I doubt whoever this mystery (lol) publisher is appreciates this kind of attention. It's a dick move on Bungie to both build the hype and to pass the buck.

Kibbles

t4ng0 said:
So now that its been confirmed serious by numerous sources...

what. the. fuck.

how can you even DO that the night before the reveal, to one of the most devoted fan bases out there?

QFT.

FateBreaker said:
You guys are crying and hating Microsoft for this? Really? Quite pathetic. If you should be mad at anyone, it's Bungie.

Are you retarded? Microsoft obviously knew about the announcement WAY ahead of time, and Bungie set everything up for it. And now they're forcing Bungie not to make it. Bungie has to be SO pissed because they're being forced to let down their fans by Microsoft. Bungie has been going through a lot to get the community hyped for this, and Microsoft just screwed it up if this is indeed real. We'll find out tomorrow morning.

LukeSmith

FateBreaker said:
I read that. Bungie is the one who made this great little hype machine. And--although this will just add to the fire--they never say it's Microsoft.

Our publisher is Microsoft.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Multiple Bungie employees have confirmed that this is no joke.

Top Bottom