• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PEGI Watch: Treasure Trove of PSOne Playstation Network Games Unearthed

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, did a little ratings check on the PEGI and found a whole bunch of unregistered Playstation One for the PSN type games.

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/globa...&countries=&submit=Search&global_id=23&id=177

Bust a Groove (Other/Music games)
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
PlayStation Network

Crash Bandicoot 3 (Action/Platform)
PlayStation Network

Colony Wars (Action/Platform)
PlayStation Network

Cool Boarders 2 (Sports/Extreme Sports)
PlayStation Network

Cool boarders 3 (Sports/Extreme Sports)
PlayStation Network

Destruction Derby 2 (Racing)
PlayStation Network

Devil Dice (Puzzle)
PlayStation Network

Everybody's Golf (Sports/Golf)
PlayStation Network

Klonoa (Action/Platform)
PlayStation Network

Kurushi Final (Puzzle)
PlayStation Network

Motor Toon Grand Prix (Racing)
PlayStation Network

Namco Museum (Other/Mini game Collection)
PlayStation Network

Namco Museum 2 (Puzzle)
PlayStation Network

Namco Museum 4 (Puzzle)
PlayStation Network

Omega Boost (Action/Shooter)
PlayStation Network

Ridge Racer (Racing/Arcade Racing)
PlayStation Network

Ridge Racer Type 4 (Racing)
PlayStation Network

Rollcage (Racing)
PlayStation Network

Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Action/Platform)
PlayStation Network

Tekken 2 (Fighting/Beat-Em-Up)
PlayStation Network

Tekken 3 (Fighting/Beat-Em-Up)
PlayStation Network

Twisted Metal (Racing)
PlayStation Network

Vib Ribbon (Other/Music games)
PlayStation Network

Wip3out (Racing/Futuristic Racing)
PlayStation Network

WipeOut 2097 (Racing/Futuristic Racing)
PlayStation Network

I am sure, some of these are known or have been suspected, but I wonder how many knew of, for example, the Namco Connection?

Rlan

Klonoaaaa!!!

Weird adding those Namco Museums though - since they sell each game seperately on the XBLA.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Rlan said:
Klonoaaaa!!!

Weird adding those Namco Museums though - since they sell each game seperately on the XBLA.

The PSN does things vastly different it would seem.

Oh shit fuck yeah!

Devil Dice (Puzzle)
Klonoa (Action/Platform)
Omega Boost (Action/Shooter)
Rollcage (Racing)
Vib Ribbon (Other/Music games)
WipeOut 2097 (Racing/Futuristic Racing)

Beware! You will be bought.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Man that list is very plain.. I see almost Zero RPG's which the PS1 had plenty of..
It like anything that was a great 3rd party game is not available..

Dorfdad said:
Man that list is very plain.. I see almost Zero RPG's which the PS1 had plenty of..
It like anything that was a great 3rd party game is not available..

They base games on the region [easier for them to do]. RPG's are so for Japan. too bad though ;(

Busty

Banned
Interesting that there would be 2 Wipeout games being released considering that Wipeout HD is coming in the summer. I know that one isn't competition for the other, but it is interesting.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony were keeping an eye on the sales of some PSOne titles, perhaps like Vib Ribbon, to see if they warrant an HD PSN remake.

Tom_Cody

I'll be there day one for Omega Boost. I was always interested in playing it, but it just slipped through cracks two gens ago. I'll definitely check it out this time though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Omega Boost !!! Klonoa !!! fking win :D :D

yet i hope SCEA can give us some of these , you know guys there is like 170+ PSone classics title on JPN PSN store right now but very few on US/EU stores ..

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Totobeni said:
Omega Boost !!! Klonoa !!! fking win :D :D

yet i hope SCEA can give us some of these , you know guys there is like 170+ PSone classics title on JPN PSN store right now but very few on US/EU stores ..

I, for one, am aware of this, certainly one of the greater failings of the Playstation Network.

MadFuzzy

The PlayStation Network section of the PEGI site isn't the be all and end all of information on potential PS1 downloads in Europe. All of Zoo Digital's titles which have been released on PSN in Europe so far (like Motorhead and N2O) are rated under "PlayStation 1" and not "PlayStation Network", so potentially anything in this section might be fair game in the future as well.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
MadFuzzy said:
The PlayStation Network section of the PEGI site isn't the be all and end all of information on potential PS1 downloads in Europe. All of Zoo Digital's titles which have been released on PSN in Europe so far (like Motorhead and N2O) are rated under "PlayStation 1" and not "PlayStation Network", so potentially anything in this section might be fair game in the future as well.

Indeed, but two patterns emerge from this list that are worth noting, first all of the games are specifically rated for the Playstation Network and secondly they are all first party titles. (SCEE publishs Namco games over there)

I wouldn't mind some of those in the US (of course, the Crash games are already available).

I wonder what the chance is that they would release a game like Vib Ribbon that never got released here to begin with?

All these threads do is make me more pissed off at SCEA's handling of PS1 games on our store. We should be getting at least two games a week, if not more on occasion.

mollipen

Dr. Zoidberg said:
All these threads do is make me more pissed off at SCEA's handling of PS1 games on our store. We should be getting at least two games a week, if not more on occasion.

While I completely agree with the frustration, I believe (though I could be wrong) the issue is that SCEA is making sure that every PS1 games that goes up on the US store is 100% playable on a PSP as well. Because of this, we're getting far less games, but at the same time every PS1 titles supports the PSP, unlike Japan.

If this is indeed the case, I'm really torn: on one hand, it sucks seeing Japan get so many games while we don't, but on the other, it is nice to know that every PS1 game we get will get more milage since it can also work on a PSP.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Seriously, whoever is in charge of the NA Playstation Store is a dick. Give us some damn games already. Yes I'm being harsh, but come on with the games already.

The PSone era catalog is money in the bank, if you just put the games up for download.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Even though I bought the individual Namco XBLA titles, I would double dip on some of the Museum downloads because of some of the titles on there...

shidoshi said:
I believe (though I could be wrong) the issue is that SCEA is making sure that every PS1 games that goes up on the US store is 100% playable on a PSP as well.

I can understand that, but I really feel like this kind of policy should be company wide. Why does it not matter if it works on PSP overseas?

Everybody and their brother that actually cares about PS3 games at this point knows how to create accounts for the foreign stores. There are far too many occasions where the territories are not "treated" equally for no good APPARENT reason and it pisses people off. Games that have little to no localization taking months to appear on some stores after it has already appeared on others, the dearth of PS1 games on some stores while there are craptons on others, etc. I don't care why this happens, and if legal issues are involved then I have a hard time believing a company with the size and clout of Sony can't get things done. I just feel like they aren't trying very hard.

The era when companies could get away with shafting one territory or staggering releases for months or years should be over, IMO. It just creates frustration and ill-will from the consumers. Having the Internet means we KNOW what is going on everywhere.

Dilbert

I'm also completely confused about why they are not offering any non-Sony games in the store. Yes, some games probably came from companies that might not exist anymore, but I imagine the rights to a LOT of PS1-era games are still held by extant companies. (I imagine that some of them also might be more motivated to create PSP/PSN versions of them than Sony appears to be...)

Is Sony deliberately withholding access to PSN sales to non-Sony holdings? Do they not have the technical ability to provide other companies with the devkits required to port their games? Or is something else going on?

I have had official firmware on my PSP forever, and I want to support the idea of a legitimate digital distribution ground for older games, but this situation is REALLY starting to piss me off when it seems that anyone with an actual PS1 disc and custom firmware can just rip their favorite games onto the PSP and it works perfectly.

Tideas

Banned
Colony Wars.

Win.

Perfectly.

-jinx- said:
I have had official firmware on my PSP forever, and I want to support the idea of a legitimate digital distribution ground for older games, but this situation is REALLY starting to piss me off when it seems that anyone with an actual PS1 disc and custom firmware can just rip their favorite games onto the PSP and it works perfectly.

hang in there brother. Don't let the dark side get you.

I played the hell out of Colony Wars back in the day. It was a good 'space' game for its time, and I would definitely pick it up again on PSN. I could go for some Ridge Racer too.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
-jinx- said:
I'm also completely confused about why they are not offering any non-Sony games in the store. Yes, some games probably came from companies that might not exist anymore, but I imagine the rights to a LOT of PS1-era games are still held by extant companies. (I imagine that some of them also might be more motivated to create PSP/PSN versions of them than Sony appears to be...)

Is Sony deliberately withholding access to PSN sales to non-Sony holdings? Do they not have the technical ability to provide other companies with the devkits required to port their games? Or is something else going on?

Which territory are you talking about? SCEI has allowed for a plethora of thrid party PSOne games onto the Japanese service and even SCEE has been better about third party support having backers such as EA Europe and Zoo Digital who have release games onto the UK service, SCEA only has Konami's SOTN on the US/Canada Store and I a mconvinced that is only due to the XBLA having the game as well.

Top Bottom