• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Blizzard teaser Day #6 - THE DAY IS HERE! PREPARE THYSELVES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

http://www.blizzard.com

What could this be? Is that a burst of energy? Or cracking ice? What could it possibly mean?!

Some theories:

- The cracking ice represents a prison convict world. The game is clearly World of Blackthorne.

- The ice is melting on the frozen development of Starcraft Ghost - it will be a Wii exclusive with awesome waggle controls.

- Rock and Roll Racing on PSN with an ice planet filled with melting ice caps.

- The Lost Vikings find themselves lost again.... in the North Pole.

Discuss.

border

It's just for Wrath of the Lich King. I don't think this is heralding a new game. But hopefully some new WotLK announcements (release date or closed beta).

It might just be for Blizzcon tickets about to go on sale.

Xabora

ice1.jpg

You know the style of art.
Its hard, gritty... and not to happy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
duckroll said:
- The ice is melting on the frozen development of Starcraft Ghost - it will be a Wii exclusive with awesome waggle controls.

Obviously the most likely candidate.

Danj

Are you guys sure that's ice and not, say, a hyperspace window opening or something? Or some kind of vortex thingy?

All I want in my life is Diablo 3.

And Pikmin 3.

Seriously that's all I want. Just give me those games and I'm done forever.

Tokubetsu

Diablo 3 set in a cold setting?
I know this is gonna be WOTLK related but i can hope and dream...I can...

zer0das

Banned
It looks kind of like Khadarin crystals. The thing on the left could be a Protoss interface, or it could be a rune. Plus the crystal at the top looks kind of like a Protoss head.

Or it's just ice... :p

Edit: Actually, the crystals just below the head look like arms, and the entire thing looks quite like a zealot. I can even see legs. Hmm..

ThatGuy

This is NOT WoWTLK related. Because:

- Blizzard has NEVER teased a release date
- Blizzard has NEVER teased a beta start with a splash screen

http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/ice1.jpg

The 232309 stands for the 23 and 9 letter of the alphabet so:

23 letter = W
09 letter = I
== WWI ;)

Here is a colour inverted and sharpened version (thanks to jk32xzxk)
ice1copymq8.jpg

The sign on the middle left is the sign of the artist. You can find it on some of the released concept arts at the official site.

Irulan

Neo Member
This is in the CSS file:

/*.tundra {background:url(_images/04.jpg) no-repeat 0 0} */

It links to this image:

04.jpg

duckroll

Danj said:
Okay, but what does that MEAN? Does it mean Diablo 3 or is it Starcraft 2 related?

It means this is a teaser for something they're announcing at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational this year.

Danj said:
Okay, but what does that MEAN? Does it mean Diablo 3 or is it Starcraft 2 related?
It means that Diablo III is coming out during 09/?/2323.

Or....

2/3 = .666666666.....
2/3 = .666666666.....

9 upside-down = 6.

duckroll

U K Narayan said:
It means that Diablo III is coming out during 09/?/2323.

Or....

2/3 = .666666666.....
2/3 = .666666666.....

9 upside-down = 6.

The Worldwide Invitational is in Paris on 28th and 29th of June this year. That means they'll probably change the teaser every day until Saturday.

Danj

duckroll said:
It means this is a teaser for something they're announcing at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational this year.

Ohhhhhh. So when is that, anyway?

EDIT: Gah, GAF is being really slow for me today, I see my question got answered before my post went through!

duckroll said:
The Worldwide Invitational is in Paris on 28th and 29th of June this year. That means they'll probably change the teaser every day until Saturday.

Yixian

Banned
Even if it is Diablo 3 and Blizzard announced it tomorrow, saying they've already been working on it for 5 years, you all know, deep down in your hearts, we won't be playing it until 2012...

Yixian said:
Even if it is Diablo 3 and Blizzard announced it tomorrow, saying they've already been working on it for 5 years, you all know, deep down in your hearts, we won't be playing it until 2012...
And I wouldn't even mind, because it would be the best game - ever.

Irulan said:
This is in the CSS file:

/*.tundra {background:url(_images/04.jpg) no-repeat 0 0} */

It links to this image:

04.jpg

So, this is obviously part of a bigger picture (which will be probably unveiled by changing the picture everyday) but what is it?

A purple man in a furcoat?

Hooker

I hope it's some new kind of soul-stone, world-stone, universe-stone whatever.

Sadly, reality kicks in and tells me that it's something for WotLK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom