• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

SUMMARY (kept up to date)

Here's what we know.

• 2013 Western Release
  • International Editions for both games. Last Mission hinted at in E3 livestream.
  • PS3 version contains both games on one disc and is $40
  • Vita versions are separate (due to capacity) and there are no pricing details
  • CG will be updated, but cropped to fit widescreen.
  • Character models were redone. NPC and monsters' texture were improved
  • Still seems to being using 2 sets of character models, one lower poly and one higher poly (One for cutscenes, one for battles & lesser cutscenes?)
  • No significant changes to gameplay
  • Digital availability of PS3 version under consideration
  • The PS3/Vita versions will have cross save functionality
  • An external studio is helping with the remaster
  • Improved sound quality; all sound is 2.0 channels
  • Asian Language version has Chinese text and Japanese voices.
  • So far no lip sync has been incorporated
  • Faces are still being worked on (as of second trailer)
  • English only
  • A 30 minute audio epilogue is being added to this release

Here's what we don't know

• Release dates (October seems likely)
  • Anything about collector/limted edition
  • Anything about cross buy
  • Vita pricing details
  • Anything about music changes

---
UPDATE 6

I made a new thread for the trailer and screens but I'll cross post here I guess

Spoilers in the trailer

Trailer (YouTube 1080p)

ih4Kmv7kqBzA4.png
iby8jxk7QyaILZ.png

ibhDpmPR4QTy9X.png
iKraqgEkt9UtL.png

ibs6PHjlIHUOS0.png
iOzt3CfxiGxtr.png

i9MRMyS9TUclC.png
ibpaiBHR6P7vw.png

i2vk99hJdA3k8.png
iF6baEZeUWKXC.png

iCmzB8aiBWoyy.png
ipsz2qeOoa2kE.png

ibzOFU0xsLipvx.png
iI9QPQb7yXrIj.png

ibbjqNheEDt7U4.png
---
UPDATE 5

---

UPDATE 4

First FFX-2 HD Screens

---

UPDATE 3

---

UPDATE 2

Some interesting details in this French translation of the Famitsu interview:

-The idea for this game's development began in 2011 during the VO recordings for Type-0, but actual development had to start later because some of the staff members were busy with XIII-2.

-Character models were redone. NPC and monsters' texture were improved.

-For pre-rendered cinematics, Kazuyuki Ikumori from Visual Works, involved in the original game's cutscenes, supervised the switch to 16:9.

-Sound quality has been improved as the game will rely on streaming its music from the disc instead of using the console's sound chip. This doesn't mean that there are more live instruments recording (it could be though), but at the very least we'll get higher-quality synths.

-Kitase says they had some trouble getting the highest-quality possible from this remaster. One S-E programmer was responsible for retrieving and repairing as much data possible from the original game, but some of it had to be created from scratch. They enlisted the help of an external studio to help them with the remasters.

-They're examining the possibility of cross-save and PSN purchase.

-The remaster is 70% complete. X-2's percentage is a bit lower.

---

UPDATE

Here is the trailer shown at PAX: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85uwJr5M2n0

Here is a thread for the trailer http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=51384990

---

ORIGINAL

TLDR- 2013 Western Release, International Editions, PS3 version is $40 (both games on one bluray), no pricing details for Vita versions (games sold independently), trailer on Monday

http://www.finalfantasyxhd.com/

smlJzQc.png

Trailer on Monday, March 25th

Amazon.com pre-order link HERE ($39.99; PS3 version)

NA PS Blog

Yoshinori Kitase said:
Around 10 years ago, I was given the privilege of taking on the role of Producer on FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2. Just in time for PAX East, I am excited to announce that FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster will be coming to North America this year for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita.

I invite you all to once again join Tidus and Yuna as they combat the colossal menace known as “Sin” to bring about lasting peace to the world of Spira – all in gorgeous HD!

I’d like to thank the fans for supporting FINAL FANTASY and all of our efforts throughout these many years. We’ll be sharing more information and updates in the coming months, and we invite you to stay updated on all things FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 through our official website and Facebook page.

+ Justin Massongill on March 22nd, 2013 at 10:05 am said:
I reached out to Square Enix, who confirmed that yes, this will be the International version of FFX and FFX-2.

EU PS Blog

Hello PlayStation fans! It doesn’t feel that long ago that I was here bringing you the exciting news of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX’s European release. Today, I’m happy to be able to return with some equally awesome news! FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 will be getting the same high definition treatment – being released in Europe this year!

For those of you who love to lounge around at home with your PlayStation 3 and a big telly, you’ll get both FINAL FANTASY X and X-2 bundled together on one disc, called FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster. If however you find yourself always on the go, trying to sneak in a quick gaming session during your lunch break, then FINAL FANTASY X HD Remaster and FINAL FANTASY X-2 HD Remaster will be available separately for PS VITA.

Final Fantasy fans will be excited to know that they’re not just getting a mind-blowingly beautifully HD version of the game they love, oh no! Both games are based on the International version, which is the most complete, feature-heavy iteration of each game to release. The International version of FINAL FANTASY X-2 never made it to European shores before, so there’s quite a chunk of additional content for you to dive into!

The International version of FINAL FANTASY X introduces an Expert version of the Sphere Grid in which all the characters start in the middle and you can choose any path… but there are fewer nodes and therefore a decrease in the number of upgrades available – challenging indeed! This edition also includes new abilities, new superbosses (Dark Aeons and Penance), and more.

FINAL FANTASY X-2 is also getting the International treatment, high definition graphics and more content than I can list! But you’ll have to wait a little bit longer until we reveal the full list of enhancements and extra features.

So all in all that’s pretty great stuff, huh? We know you’ve been eager to hear more so let me leave you with the exciting news that you’ll be getting a trailer on March 25 – make sure to pop back here then!

Got any questions? Feel free to leave them in the comments and we’ll answer what we can. For the latest news on FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or if you’re just looking to chat with a fellow gamer then feel free to say hi on @benbateman.

Square Enix NA's blog post (nothing new)

Here is a screenshot comparison. Click for a mouseover version to compare (note in the mouseover version, the labels are backwards)

Previous thread for reference

This is it. This... is your story. It all begins here.

So hyped. 10/10 game. I'll never understand why people hate on it, it's one of the best games ever made.

Dylan

I never had a PS2 so I'm excited to play these games. Though FF13 has kind of ruined any enthusiasm I have for the series, even retroactively.

damnit... I was hoping for the 'hi-quality' models throughout the game.
Would that really have been that hard to plug them in?

I see they still have the gimped versions (albeit in a bit better quality) in certain scenes, i.e. that Wakka/Lulu shot above.

:(

Wasn't expecting a NA/EU site just yet. I wonder if that means they might fast-track the localization so there isn't a delay like what happened with KH 1.5.

Mihos

Gold Member
$39 to preorder on Amazon, for the PS3. I don't see a pre-order area for the Vita versions, though.

Durante

Btw Seda you can get bigger pictures by clicking the bottom right:

ff10hd04g7krj.jpg

I'd do the rest, but I'm a tad busy.
Character models/textures are clearly improved, so it's not just a direct higher resolution render. Unsure on the environments, could be unchanged.

Needs more AA.

Holy crap at those screenshots. :O

Yeah, I'm getting this, even though I loathe blitzball. I can't wait to see the trailer on the 25th.

Read "2004-2013" as "2004-2014" and audibly groaned. Thank goodness that was just my awful vision.

Very excited though, X is the game that led me to search out all of the other games in the series and later on the JRPG genre as a whole.

Wow now this is a HD remake. Can't wait for the romance scene again IN HD!

Also Trophies. I wanna see if some sucker will buy my PS2 version of vanilla FFX on ebay.

Hope this comes out around E3, would be a nice surprise or any date before PS4 really.

Can already see my future when this comes out, and yuna hitting monsters with her staff for hundreds of thousands of damage after playing the game for over 300 hours.

I don't know what it was about FFX and FFX-2 but I just thoroughly enjoyed grinding / any battles I could get into and the ensuing character progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom