• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

MrDaravon

What level are you at?

45. I honestly have no idea whether or not the game actually tries to matchmake based on ranks, or any sort of skill-based thing. I would guess not based on the complete landslides most of my matches are one way or the other, but to be fair there also may not be enough player population to adequately matchmake on those criteria at this point anyway. I did always think it was kind of weird it doesn't show people's rank # next to their names or anything like that. It wouldn't practically matter, but I do semi-frequently find myself wondering if some of the people I'm playing with/against are brand new players or super hardcore etc.

Edit: On a related note I would LOVE for the game to show which players are in parties like some other online console shooters do. Like I just did 4-5 games in Supremacy where we just got our shit completely pushed in every single match (2 of the games were probably over in less than 2 to 3 minutes tops, it was actually kind of hilarious) and the top 4 people on the other team were the same 4 every time with ridiculous K/Ds and scores. You obviously can't split up people joining as a party/squad, but if 4-5 games of that wasn't enough to rebalance teams then I don't know what the fuck. Starting to think I don't see rebalancing because I stick games out so even when we lose horribly I'm still near the top even if my K/D is horrible because I play the objective, so as a result it never put me on the other team? The extremely and increasingly uneven matches I am constantly getting into across the board are starting to turn me off of the game, I think I won one game today across 3 playlists and 3 hours of play, that's pretty ridiculous even if I was a total garbage player going 1-10 each game or something. Hm.

It's gotten to the point and the playerbase appears to be relatively small enough even on PS4 where in a few modes (WA, Outer Rim playlist) there are player names I recognize and immediately fucking bail on the game if I'm not on their team because those players just consistently go 30-50+ kills with single digit deaths, it's kind of crazy.

Ozorov

Community Manager responds to negative reaction to emote challenge:

Our team is always working towards bringing more FREE content to the game for our players to enjoy. That being said, this specific emote an item our team felt everyone should have a chance to secure. Sure it's not a new skin or Hutt Contract, but we have those types of things coming. As for announcements and news / more content... With the full reveal of Bespin on the horizon, I have seen a lot of speculation around the timing we seem to follow for reveals, and I just want to say there isn't any formula here. Our team is working to put the final touches on Bespin, and we will reveal the full details of the Cloud City in due time. Look for deep dives on the new content, a livestream and more in the weeks ahead.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...sion/44685/a-community-challenge-for-an-emote

I hope they will not do a 6-hours(?) livestream like with Outer Rim. 1-2 hours is enough

MrDaravon

So I've never been in the airspeeders for the last phase of Walker Assault, but exactly how hard is it to bring an AT-AT down via tow cable? Generally it seems like if you're shooting them they won't get it off, but I just had two games as the Imperials where we were completely crushing the Rebels going into the last phase, then both of our walkers got tow cabled down within 20 seconds of the last bombing run starting. I have to assume it was the same guys or something since I only see a walker go down via tow cable maybe once every 5 games or so, and I've only seen both go down that way maybe 2 or 3 times total until now. The second time it happened like half of our team (who again was actually really good for once, both of our walkers were only down like 15% or so going into the end) were shooting the airspeeders and they still got them both down flawlessly the second they were vunerable. I'm not exactly sure how this works but that seems kinda fucked up.

Well, looks like I'm all in to Bespin come June, with No Man's Sky supposed delay...

So I've never been in the airspeeders for the last phase of Walker Assault, but exactly how hard is it to bring an AT-AT down via tow cable? Generally it seems like if you're shooting them they won't get it off, but I just had two games as the Imperials where we were completely crushing the Rebels going into the last phase, then both of our walkers got tow cabled down within 20 seconds of the last bombing run starting. I have to assume it was the same guys or something since I only see a walker go down via tow cable maybe once every 5 games or so, and I've only seen both go down that way maybe 2 or 3 times total until now. The second time it happened like half of our team (who again was actually really good for once, both of our walkers were only down like 15% or so going into the end) were shooting the airspeeders and they still got them both down flawlessly the second they were vunerable. I'm not exactly sure how this works but that seems kinda fucked up.

If you have two skilled speeder pilots on your team, it doesn't matter what skill the opposing team has, they can decide a Walker Assault match on their own. I've seen the imperials stomping the other team in to oblivion and still loose in the end because of two tow cable take downs.

I wonder when they will unlock the Ion Disruptor Rifle.

I mean we already have this "new" starcards downloaded... they only have to unlocj them through their servers

Palpable

If you have two skilled speeder pilots on your team, it doesn't matter what skill the opposing team has, they can decide a Walker Assault match on their own. I've seen the imperials stomping the other team in to oblivion and still loose in the end because of two tow cable take downs.

It's not difficult to shoot the speeders off the walkers

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Realy looking forward to Bespin DLC as it will look totally different to anything we already have, may give us a completely diff play style cos of the city like nature of what it should be, plus another walker assalt map if I am reading things write , as they said it will concentrate on the larger modes with this DLC

MADGAME

We know Bespin will have large maps, but do we know if there will be small maps sprinkled in also? If large maps only, I can see how Bespin could be it's own contained playlist like Outer Rim, but if there are both large and small maps how would that work...two playlists? Seems weird.

We know Bespin will have large maps, but do we know if there will be small maps sprinkled in also? If large maps only, I can see how Bespin could be it's own contained playlist like Outer Rim, but if there are both large and small maps how would that work...two playlists? Seems weird.

Outer Rim was just small modes.

Bespin is just large modes.

MADGAME

Outer Rim was just small modes.

Bespin is just large modes.

Weird, pretty sure I read about the devs experimenting with frozen Han for extraction on Bespin, but decided carbonite wouldn't be used because it hovers above the ground and doesn't provide cover. The fact that they were talking Extraction for Bespin led me to believe there would be small maps too. Guess something changed?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Weird, pretty sure I read about the devs experimenting with frozen Han for extraction on Bespin, but decided carbonite wouldn't be used because it hovers above the ground and doesn't provide cover. The fact that they were talking Extraction for Bespin led me to believe there would be small maps too. Guess something changed?

Maybe big mode extraction coming? could implement on the big maps we already have?

Maybe big mode extraction coming? could implement on the big maps we already have?

I don't see them doing a 20v20 Extraction, cause that's the only way you could implement it in a Bespin playlist.

I'm really curious how they're going to handle this. They confirmed some new Fighter Squadron maps for Bespin iirc? So they would have to put that in rotation, with the risk of it becoming the new HvV, everybody leaving when it comes up...

Palpable

Lmao. Read the replies to this tweet. https://twitter.com/eastarwars/status/735958710015655936

EAStarWars featured my video on their twitter page and I was met with a ton of butt hurt kids complaining that I don't run around on foot 100% of the time. Ton of dislikes on my video as well. I suppose I should've expected it. The thing I don't get is how they don't realize that my slaying was ultimately helping the team. If the enemy team is busy dying/respawning, then they're not able to play the objective. Oh well, haters gonna hate.

Lmao. Read the replies to this tweet. https://twitter.com/eastarwars/status/735958710015655936

EAStarWars featured my video on their twitter page and I was met with a ton of butt hurt kids complaining that I don't run around on foot 100% of the time. Ton of dislikes on my video as well. I suppose I should've expected it. The thing I don't get is how they don't realize that my slaying was ultimately helping the team. If the enemy team is busy dying/respawning, then they're not able to play the objective. Oh well, haters gonna hate.

Yeah I always thought that was weird, and you can pretty much tell people don't understand a game from when they say slaying isn't part of the objective.

Staying in one spot sniping isn't

but slaying and racking up the kills to help your team do the objective(s) is crucial to the success of winning in objective games.

Toa TAK

Banned

Fuck 'em, bro.

I'm willing to bet none of them there are that good at the game to begin with.

enewtabie

Been the top one or two players on my team for a while now. Love playing the Outer rim playlists. Thermal, Bounty Hunter, Dioxis and DH-11( I think that's what it's called) You can really hold off a team with Dioxis on extraction.

Palpable

Yeah I always thought that was weird, and you can pretty much tell people don't understand a game from when they say slaying isn't part of the objective.

Staying in one spot sniping isn't

but slaying and racking up the kills to help your team do the objective(s) is crucial to the success of winning in objective games.

Fuck 'em, bro.

I'm willing to bet none of them there are that good at the game to begin with.

Exactly!

+1 to both of you

Has there been any word on this getting added to the ea access vault? I really want the dlc but don't have the money for it right now. I liked the outer rim stuff during the free weekend.

Ambitious

Good lord, I just played the most hilarious match in a long time. It was Turning Point on Endor. I was defending one of the control points, and I was basically just running around like a headless chicken, most of the time just running around the same tree, never going into cover. Encountered an enemy, killed him. Saw two enemies approaching from the other end of the clearing, killed them. Randomly threw a grenade into the woods, killed two enemies. An enemy ran right past me without noticing me, even though I didn't even use Scout. Killed him. Took care of another three approaching from the other end, randomly threw a grenade again und hit yet another one.
And so on and so forth. It was just hilarious. I had 28 kills when I died the first time, and when they broke our line, I repeated the same thing while running up and down the enemy line. In the end, I had 54 kills and just 6 deaths. That's probably my highest kill count so far.

MrDaravon

I just played a game of Walker Assault where my team was so bad that the first two phases I was the first person to activate both uplinks (as in I literallly activated one, no one activated the second so I went over there and did it), then I would try to hold the "easy" uplink to defend and not a single person would stay with me, I'd hold it long enough for the entire rest of my team who is doing god knows what to actually lose the other uplink, then I'd eventually die and lose mine. This happened both of the first two phases, the third phase I literally set my controller down and did some stuff on my phone, and when the game ended I still got the MVP accolade. I'm rank 51, should be way past getting matched with players who literally have no idea what they're doing, unless it was a large number of people dicking around. There's always some players that do that of course, but getting 15+ in a single game seems unlikely. I seriously hate people. I'm not even that good or anything, but that kind of shit should not still be happening.

Also I still want to know how people manage to turn Supremacy matches around. I'm still not sure I've seen a single Supremacy match turned around by the team who loses the initial middle control point, then I played with two other friends tonight who both also had never seen that happen. I feel like if that mode was maybe a bit more balanced in that regard it would be my favorite mode, but it seems impossible for the team that loses the first/middle capture point to turn it around. In Walker Assault I think one or a small handful of players can turn the match around because of the uplink mechanic, but not in Supremacy (takes way too long for one or two people to capture a point and get away with in my experience). Does it just simply require a decent coordinated group/squad? Seems fucking impossible with randoms, and even playing with 1 or 2 friends it doesn't come close to happening in my experience.

Edit: I'm in a WA game right now in Graveyard of Giants as the Rebels right now where the third phase just started and I'm 9-16 but first on my team with an in-game score more than double anyone else on either team. Same fucking shit. On the second phase I once again activate both uplinks, then at the uplink closest to the middle/big crashed ship I hold off 4 people, a fifth person kills me and deactivates it. On my kill cam and after I spawn I see 4 fucking people from my team hanging out on the top of big middle ship shooting at dudes, but not the ones at the uplink literally right in front of them. Then I spawned waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back at the very very back end of the map further back than I have ever seen or been which is where half of our team is trying to snipe people. Fuck this. And this can't just be a weekend thing, I've never seen it this bad. I swear I'm not crazy but I seem to be the only person this keeps happening to here, and it's so fucking consistent.

Just trying to trudge forward and complete challenges for money and hit Rank 60 I guess. Ha, that game just ended I didn't play at all the last phase, I still ended up 2nd on my team and got the MVP accolade again. The bottom 3 people on my team went a cumulative 5-94, the worst person on the other team was 5-14. Next round just lodaded in and I see no obvious rebalancing, all the top players on the other team still there, bottom 3 on my team still there. I'm pretty fucking drunk on tops of all this. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

Palpable

Good lord, I just played the most hilarious match in a long time. It was Turning Point on Endor. I was defending one of the control points, and I was basically just running around like a headless chicken, most of the time just running around the same tree, never going into cover. Encountered an enemy, killed him. Saw two enemies approaching from the other end of the clearing, killed them. Randomly threw a grenade into the woods, killed two enemies. An enemy ran right past me without noticing me, even though I didn't even use Scout. Killed him. Took care of another three approaching from the other end, randomly threw a grenade again und hit yet another one.
And so on and so forth. It was just hilarious. I had 28 kills when I died the first time, and when they broke our line, I repeated the same thing while running up and down the enemy line. In the end, I had 54 kills and just 6 deaths. That's probably my highest kill count so far.

Upload to youtube

I just played a game of Walker Assault where my team was so bad that the first two phases I was the first person to activate both uplinks (as in I literallly activated one, no one activated the second so I went over there and did it), then I would try to hold the "easy" uplink to defend and not a single person would stay with me, I'd hold it long enough for the entire rest of my team who is doing god knows what to actually lose the other uplink, then I'd eventually die and lose mine. This happened both of the first two phases, the third phase I literally set my controller down and did some stuff on my phone, and when the game ended I still got the MVP accolade. I'm rank 51, should be way past getting matched with players who literally have no idea what they're doing, unless it was a large number of people dicking around. There's always some players that do that of course, but getting 15+ in a single game seems unlikely. I seriously hate people. I'm not even that good or anything, but that kind of shit should not still be happening.

Also I still want to know how people manage to turn Supremacy matches around. I'm still not sure I've seen a single Supremacy match turned around by the team who loses the initial middle control point, then I played with two other friends tonight who both also had never seen that happen. I feel like if that mode was maybe a bit more balanced in that regard it would be my favorite mode, but it seems impossible for the team that loses the first/middle capture point to turn it around. In Walker Assault I think one or a small handful of players can turn the match around because of the uplink mechanic, but not in Supremacy (takes way too long for one or two people to capture a point and get away with in my experience). Does it just simply require a decent coordinated group/squad? Seems fucking impossible with randoms, and even playing with 1 or 2 friends it doesn't come close to happening in my experience.

Edit: I'm in a WA game right now in Graveyard of Giants as the Rebels right now where the third phase just started and I'm 9-16 but first on my team with an in-game score more than double anyone else on either team. Same fucking shit. On the second phase I once again activate both uplinks, then at the uplink closest to the middle/big crashed ship I hold off 4 people, a fifth person kills me and deactivates it. On my kill cam and after I spawn I see 4 fucking people from my team hanging out on the top of big middle ship shooting at dudes, but not the ones at the uplink literally right in front of them. Then I spawned waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back at the very very back end of the map further back than I have ever seen or been which is where half of our team is trying to snipe people. Fuck this. And this can't just be a weekend thing, I've never seen it this bad. I swear I'm not crazy but I seem to be the only person this keeps happening to here, and it's so fucking consistent.

Just trying to trudge forward and complete challenges for money and hit Rank 60 I guess. Ha, that game just ended I didn't play at all the last phase, I still ended up 2nd on my team and got the MVP accolade again. The bottom 3 people on my team went a cumulative 5-94, the worst person on the other team was 5-14. Next round just lodaded in and I see no obvious rebalancing, all the top players on the other team still there, bottom 3 on my team still there. I'm pretty fucking drunk on tops of all this. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

Join me when you see that I'm playing WA. That sorta thing happens very rarely with me anymore.

You are not alone. Ive experienced such shit with a buddy a lot of times. Sometimes we are getting to a point were we just stop playing even if we dont want to. But that horrible matchmaking and not working team balancing sometimes is a fun killer.

TVexperto

Graveyard of Giants is the worst map of any game I have played in a long time, I spawn and get killed within 5-10 seconds, I cant even move around because people keep killing me from every direction.

MrDaravon

Goddamn, it just loaded me into a Supremacy match on Sorosuub (?) against the most savage fucking team I have ever seen. They had figured out spawn traps in the bunkers so like 75% of my spawns (not on my partner) were in a bunker that had 4 dudes crouching in the corners of it that would kill you instantly. I'd have to go back and do the math but I legit think the final team kill counts would have been something like 400-500 kills with 40-50 deaths on their side. We had 6 people with no kills and over 20 deaths, and I went something like 1-16 which is the worst performance I've ever had in this game by a country mile. Like their ENTIRE team of 20 players was straight beastmode, I don't know that I've ever seen anything that large and coordinated in an online shooter in my entire life. I'm not even mad, just impressed lol.

Then the next round when it's our turn I literally without exaggeration am the only person on my team of 20 to even attempt to go for the capture point at the beginning. Still in this second game on our last defense point and they have 6 people with over 20 kills and no deaths, none of them are heroes, in vehicles etc. I have apparently wandered into some sort of super hardcore clan action here or something, holy shit.

I extra hate my life because the ONLY reason I'm even playing this stupid fucking mode is to see if a win in it ticks my "get 10 wins in every mode" diorama piece requirement up or not because they were incredibly stupid in not letting you see your stats per mode -_-. I would also like to ask again for anyone who enjoys and wins consistently at Supremacy to explain how in the fuck you can take back points and win without having a large squad you're coordinating in. We were playing with a friend last night who wanted to play this mode, so we did it for like 4 hours, and my previous statements hold true; I have still NEVER seen a team lose the original control point and come back and win. Not once, not even close. 50% of games the team that takes the middle control point then completely stomps over the remaining points, 50% of the time time runs out in a total slog of back and forth between the 3rd and 4th points. It's legitimately not fun, I don't understand.

Edit: Decided to hop into Fighter Squadron to try to get 3 wins for a challenge, got no wins and literally the best match I had out of the 3 was our team losing 200-57. Not even kidding. This is consistently my Battlefront experience. It NEVER rebalances the teams ever. I don't understand why I seem to get dicked on this so much harder than everyone else here lol. I pay close attention to top players and both teams and it never rebalances, and I think honestly I get screwed because I'm usually top 3 on the losing team, so it never moves me to the other team, it shuffles bottom players on the two teams if anything at all. I mean, it's either that or rebalancing just straight up doesn't happen/exist.

Also just realized I have never once gotten to be Slave I or the Millenium Falcon as I'm still 0/100 of the kills with them for that diorama piece. I'm quickly realizing completing the diorama is not gonna happen.

Edit 2: Ha, soon as I complain about never getting to be a Hero ship I got the Falcon immediately, only got like 12 kills with it because I'm terrible but one of those was Slave I so I'll take it.

PrankT

I extra hate my life because the ONLY reason I'm even playing this stupid fucking mode is to see if a win in it ticks my "get 10 wins in every mode" diorama piece requirement up or not because they were incredibly stupid in not letting you see your stats per mode -_-.
Download the companion app to see how many wins you have in each mode. Supremacy is a great mode, but you need some decent players who actually want to win instead of get kills (you can do both).

Also, I've pretty much ignored the diorama. Complete waste of time and it makes you do stuff you have no interest in.

MrDaravon

Weird, just had a glitch where I was invincible for a while in a Supremacy match? Was on a roll capturing/defending a territory and at some point I became invincible. Once I realized it I got off the territory and didn't kill anyone else and it eventually wore off and I died from people, but I haven't seen or heard of this being a thing since that glitch at launch that they patched. The fuck?

Also got a bunch of messages accusing me of hacking even though I only went 30-12, and the next round I played like garbage and went 7-14 or something so it probably looked like I was hacking :(

Download the companion app to see how many wins you have in each mode. Supremacy is a great mode, but you need some decent players who actually want to win instead of get kills (you can do both).

Also, I've pretty much ignored the diorama. Complete waste of time and it makes you do stuff you have no interest in.

Oh cool, I'll have to check that out then. I've identified what 40 of my 43 wins are from so I'm most of the way in terms of that anyway. As far as the diorama almost all of it is stuff that will happen eventually over time, I had to go slightly out of my way to use all of the cards and get level 3 on the traits etc but that stuff wasn't too bad. Only thing that's gonna be a bitch is all of the survival/mission stuff, but I have a friend who wants to get all of that done at some point so we'll just co-op it.

Fuck, I forgot about Hero Hunt. I take it back, THAT one is going to suck. Most of the other modes are fine or I'm whatever on, but I hate Hero Hunt and am also super bad at it.

MrDaravon

This is probably a stupid question that will make me look bad...but does Slave I kinda suck or something? Got it for the first time, I was alive the ENTIRE match....and got 4 fucking kills. Goddamn nothing was dying when I was shooting it. I was alive forever because of the chaff or whatever effect it has, but I wasn't killing shit with my blasters or either of my torpedos. I'm not great at Fighter Squadron but I usually get like 15-20 kills.

Also super fucking salty because I almost had the Falcon dead (which I still need for that trophy) and he opted to suicide to deny me the kill :(

Top Bottom