• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look of Metro: Last Light on PS4

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Never really got to play these game so I'm hyped as fuuuuuck for this and Last of Us. Anyone know when this is supposed to drop?

for fuck sake.. are vines really becoming a form of marketing for games now?

2491924-0410361090-post-.gif

Vitor711

Holy FUCK

I was not expecting this game to be 60fps.

Yeah, colour me impressed.

I can barely max this game out and keep a stable 30FPS on my PC. Curious to see how the two versions compare (60FPS at a mixture of medium/high perhaps? Or have they gone all out and further optimised the engine?).

DieH@rd

Banned
Holy FUCK

I was not expecting this game to be 60fps.

With pre-launch drivers, Last Light could not reach 30fps when maxed out in 1080p with Radeon 7870 [no PhysX]
metro-last-light-gpusgcotg.png

But, with with little reduction in shaders and effects, 60fps is of course possible. 4A has great engine coders.

I dont know, is Last Light benchmark [crossing] indicative of the real world situations gamers can see in game?

Yeah, colour me impressed.

I can barely max this game out and keep a stable 30FPS on my PC. Curious to see how the two versions compare (60FPS at a mixture of medium/high perhaps? Or have they gone all out and further optimised the engine?).

Chances are they dropped a lot of the eye candy to get it at 60 fps. I doubt they fully optimized the engine enough to run it with everything on when PC can barely do that unless you spend 1k or more.

Cubed

X
CITE
TED

I've held out on playing these games other than a short rental of the first Metro on the 360 about 6 years ago. However, I've always thought they looked pretty fun.

I'm looking forward to finally playing this. I love the remasters/PC ports that are coming to PS4! No, I'm not being sarcastic.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I could see it running at 60 fps. Look at what they did on 360 and even PS3. The older console versions of the game actually look rather nice considering the hardware.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So $60 for the PC version minus some effects confirmed?

Tough sell considering the complete edition on PC is $13.
It's a rather demanding game, though, so it's fair to suggest that there are plenty of people with PCs unable to run the game properly.

I maxed it out on my PC but ended up limiting the frame-rate to 30 fps in order to maintain consistency.

Rivitur

Banned
According to the forums redux might be coming out on August 28

And the the Guy who said it is a pretty reliable source.

Top Bottom