• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Farpoint/PSVR Aim |OT| Survivors Keep Shooting

TheMan

I think this game will bomb hard, mark my words

Well there is definitely a relatively low sales ceiling given the number of PSVRs out in the wild, so sales numbers will have to be accordingly interpreted with context. I don't see this game (or any single game) acting as a significant driver of PSVR sales.

Not getting my bundle in until Friday, but still a little upset that nobody wants to do physical editions with a digital code. I'm 99% digital and have to get this game on disc because I don't want to get screwed separating the two out. Sucks.

Are you emotionally involved with the game? You sound hurt. I have the game pre order as I am craving more vr games but I personally think it will not turn out good.
Wait. Bombing means selling not to expectations, not how good or bad something is. Also, you having pre-ordered the game doesn't make your comment more smart or useful.

Are you emotionally involved with the game? You sound hurt. I have the game pre order as I am craving more vr games but I personally think it will not turn out good.

As an experience it's mind blowing, but yeah, I have doubts about variety and longevity. At least the co-op should guarantee continued play, meaning this won't be PSVR's The Order 1886.

Pre-ordered and can't wait.

MattAces

Are you emotionally involved with the game? You sound hurt. I have the game pre ordered as I am craving more vr games but I personally think it will not turn out good.

Ah, the classic "Look, I don't want VR to fail, but it is going to fail, I swear I don't want that to happen!"

Any available reviews on this yet? Haven't received shipping confirmation from Amazon but fingers crossed for release day delivery.

Any word on whether the Aim controller will eventually be supported by Resident Evil 7?

MattAces

Any available reviews on this yet? Haven't received shipping confirmation from Amazon but fingers crossed for release day delivery.

Any word on whether the Aim controller will eventually be supported by Resident Evil 7?

Doubt so, RE7 is designed for pistol use for almost entire game except for that one part.

Planet

RE7 is not that type of game. Consider that as extremely unlikely. What you are looking for (maybe) is Arizona Sunshine. That game is built from the ground up for VR, unlike RE7.

Don't get me wrong, I love RE7 and think it gains a ton of atmosphere in VR, played through the full campaign exclusively in that mode. But it's not maxing out what you can do in VR, rather more like getting you in the game itself, but still playing like a regular one.

MattAces

Only 6 hours? Is that the QA's speedrun benchmark time, or is that the Mr. Slowpoke 100% everything time?

Highly doubt it will be 6 hours, maybe 5. But there are several reports from reddit saying they are around halfway, spending around 2 to 3 hours.
Don't forget about Challenge mode and co-op mission, those are where you will get more gameplay hours.

Looking forward to this, love me a lightgun shooter.

Off to Ikea now so I can find a cupboard to put it in when I'm not using it - imagine what visitors will think if they see a toy sitting beside my cool audiovisual setup!

MattAces

Looking forward to this, love me a lightgun shooter.

Off to Ikea now so I can find a cupboard to put it in when I'm not using it - imagine what visitors will think if they see a toy sitting beside my cool audiovisual setup!

Oh god, they would probably throw you into an interrogation room and ask WHAT IS THAT while flipping the table. ;)

Anyway I was hoping that the box will be fancy enough for me to keep in it, like the box that comes with the headset. Still using that box to this day.

Wow, Amazon US is sold out of both the bundle and the standalone Aim controller. I ordered from Best Buy yesterday for shipping, no store pickup option available. Checked this morning and Best Buy says not available for shipping anymore. Wow.

valeu

i bought digitallly, pre-downloaded, and super-excited for tomorrow. will get an aim when i can find someone to bring me one here in brazil

Fox1304

Anybody have a link to the reddit first impressions ? Can't find it.

Edit : Ordered the bundle too, can't wait to go all starship troopers on this. Had Brookhaven too, and Arizona will follow, so it'll get some use.

MattAces

Anybody have a link to the reddit first impressions ? Can't find it.

Edit : Ordered the bundle too, can't wait to go all starship troopers on this. Had Brookhaven too, and Arizona will follow, so it'll get some use.

Most of them are just preview articles writing about co-op, but if you're talking about the actual story game impression.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/6az5gf/my_opinion_about_farpoint/
https://www.reddit.com/user/PSVR-Customer

Two person got it and has been sharing their impression here and there. Of course don't take any of their impression seriously if you are really looking for an unbiased one.

Fox1304

Thanks, will take a look !
I hope you can aim down sights like in Pixel Gear, that was fun, and it should be even better with the physical rifle.

MattAces

Thanks, will take a look !
I hope you can aim down sights like in Pixel Gear, that was fun, and it should be even better with the physical rifle.

Aiming down sight is like the primary selling point of Farpoint at this point. The developers and preview articles keep talking about physically looking down the holographic sight/scope is really cool!

UCBooties

Need to know how likely this is to trigger motion sickness, especially with the movement controls. I agree that the aim controller looks terrible, but it's not like that will matter when you have the headset on.

Part of me really wants to get this with the bundle but I'm worried about the gun not being supported in a few months and having it collect dust. The game looks like a blast to play though!

MattAces

Part of me really wants to get this with the bundle but I'm worried about the gun not being supported in a few months and having it collect dust. The game looks like a blast to play though!

5 games supporting in during launch window. Just think of it as an arcade experience, most of the games includes an endless type of mode. As long as the shooting is fun, I will definitely go back to most of the game when I feel like shooting stuff.

5 games supporting in during launch window. Just think of it as an arcade experience, most of the games includes an endless type of mode. As long as the shooting is fun, I will definitely go back to most of the game when I feel like shooting stuff.

That's actually a good point. I'm probably going to grab this since I just like the idea of how immersive it'll be.

gadwn

The fact that there's no reviews out and it releases tomorrow have me kinda worried.

The reviews for a cinematic PSVR shooter that is 4-6 hours with the need for an peripheral for added cost.... They ain't gonna be pretty.

I hope I'm wrong, I want to buy this.

Mdk7

Can't wait to be able to talk about it.
I was honestly very, very, VERY surprised by the peripheral, they seriously nailed it.

Bollocks

Man, finally new PSVR content and I have to wait because the bundle is out of stock.
Feels weird to play this game with the DS4.
Especially if you bought a PSVR and are committed to the tech.

MattAces

Can't wait to be able to talk about it.
I was honestly very, very, VERY surprised by the peripheral, they seriously nailed it.

Assuming you are one of the reviewer, what time is the embargo lifting? Also make sure you talk about it as soon as you can!

Man, finally new PSVR content and I have to wait because the bundle is out of stock.
Feels weird to play this game with the DS4.
Especially if you bought a PSVR and are committed to the tech.

If I were you, I would wait until I get an Aim (assuming you plan on to get one).
Never destroy your first impression.

Greg Miller played 1st 20 mins on stream friday, thought it looked really good but 1st thing he said when he took off vr and ANdy started playing was it looks way better in VR. Hey i already have the sunk cost of psvr might aswell get the controller and game, again buying it expecting minimal support like shareshooter etc. but seriously love rush of blood and other light gun style shooters so having the gun is going to be cool, just hope it charges via new style usb chargers not the old like move. Plus it does seem like the usual hate on PSVR squad have shown up, christ all the previews were posative from what i have seen, the reviews will be up soon and it's sold out in a lot of places maybe wait to call it a bomb/dud I for one am looking forward to playing and if its 4 hours will be very happy, as can get through the game and then come back for co-op every now and then. Is the Co-op local like the playroom other person using the tv or online?

Oh they also mentioned the review embargo time on the stream, but can't remeber and twitch is blocked at work.

MattAces

Greg Miller played 1st 20 mins on stream friday, thought it looked really good but 1st thing he said when he took off vr and ANdy started playing was it looks way better in VR. Hey i already have the sunk cost of psvr might aswell get the controller and game, again buying it expecting minimal support like shareshooter etc. but seriously love rush of blood and other light gun style shooters so having the gun is going to be cool, just hope it charges via new style usb chargers not the old like move. Plus it does seem like the usual hate on PSVR squad have shown up, christ all the previews were posative from what i have seen, the reviews will be up soon and it's sold out in a lot of places maybe wait to call it a bomb/dud I for one am looking forward to playing and if its 4 hours will be very happy, as can get through the game and then come back for co-op every now and then. Is the Co-op local like the playroom other person using the tv or online?

There are 5 games supporting Aim controller at launch window, most of them has an endless/survival mode for maximum replayability, so you don't have to worry about that. All of them are very distinct too, ranging from cartoon style to sci-fi and zombies.

You can charge via micro usb, same one as PS4 controllers, no cables provided by the way.

Co-op is online, working together to clear a mission.

Top Bottom