• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
VanWinkle, and Lyphen, up for some Sonic RT soon? I have no idea when 10 BST is :p

Anyone else have it? Actually I think Twinduct and someone else if they are around..

OmegaTreeFish

And anyone else who feels like buying it :D (you should, it's a lot of fun and looks great..might make them improve the fps faster as well :p).

10 BST was 2 hours ago ;)

It's British standard time

kiyomi

Btw, I think my Vita new years resolution is going to be 1 classic game (PS1 or PSP) per month, and doing a corresponding lets play thread. I think many people still have some work to do to play the older classics and otherwise people will never play or even finish them :p

Anyone with me? First titles will be Alundra and Wild Arms, rest is up for discussion.
Yo!

I'm interested in Alundra. Might not have finished P4G though.

Played a couple more Soul Sacrifice levels. Completely convinced!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sink or swim... Now my 3DS just got a new friend :)

Vita_and_3_DS.jpg

Not brand new, 2nd hand. Eh, whatever, at least now I am one of you folks, hahaha. I got it with 2 physical carts of Gravity Rush and FIFA13.

Question time since I am a new owner: how to delete the previous owner's profile and to make my own? Is it enough to reformat the memory card to do that? since my games are physical they should be able to run just fine even if I format the memory card, correct? Or maybe not?

Well, anyways, here's to another VitaGAF member in town! *raises glass*

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
As great as the Vita OS is I absolutely despise the bubble system. It's so limited and obtrusive in it's implementation. Surely the bubbles could be a lot smaller and line up more efficiently. The way they are set up now is ridiculous. Is it just me or are the vast majority of game icons really terrible looking as well? The lack of AA is just the icing on the cake.

yeah the lack of AA on the bubbles is bizarre, lol

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Played a couple more Soul Sacrifice levels. Completely convinced!

6 hours on the demo and, yeah, i was already going to be getting it anyways - but it's so much better than i expected.

Shahed

Sink or swim... Now my 3DS just got a new friend :)

Vita_and_3_DS.jpg

Not brand new, 2nd hand. Eh, whatever, at least now I am one of you folks, hahaha. I got it with 2 physical carts of Gravity Rush and FIFA13.

Question time since I am a new owner: how to delete the previous owner's profile and to make my own? Is it enough to reformat the memory card to do that? since my games are physical they should be able to run just fine even if I format the memory card, correct? Or maybe not?

Well, anyways, here's to another VitaGAF member in town! *raises glass*

Just completely reformat/restore everything and you should be fine. And you might want to deactivate the existing account as a favour for the previous owner.

Shahed

You can't specify a time for PS+ automatic updates?

Does it do it at a specified time? I notice it's done whenever I wake up. Whether I go to sleep at 11pm or 7am. I think it waits till it's been asleep for a couple of hours and then does it as long you're on WiFi

kiyomi

Doesn't seem to update like clockwork as on the PS3. In fact it seems a bit random.

someone play soul sacrifice with me tonight

i can't talk though since it'd just be sniffle sniffle hack cough dead
Only just beaten the 'minor' harpy so I don't think I can yet. Have you got a guide for going online?

VanWinkle

Yes it would! (unless it is a psp game or ps1).

Backup if you have ps+ to the cloud. Otherwise...backup to the card...there's a procedure to cancel the backup and get the save file...but yeah.

Rofl

:'(

Did I miss it? Let me see.

Hey Skyzard I may have mistyped it but I meant 10est which is just a little over two hours from now. Let me know if you'll be available. I'm hanging out with my fiancee for a bit and then we will play. :)

Skyzard

Banned
Hey Skyzard I may have mistyped it but I meant 10est which is just a little over two hours from now. Let me know if you'll be available. I'm hanging out with my fiancee for a bit and then we will play. :)

Ah awesome sounds good, I should be up! Just got some practice in..let's make sure we only play the forward versions of the tracks for now! - Looks like I read the time wrong anyway

Also grats Laughing Banana!

VanWinkle

Ah awesome sounds good, I should be up! Just got some practice in..let's make sure we only play the forward versions of the tracks for now! - Looks like I read the time wrong anyway

Hey I can play for a little bit right now if you want?

Skyzard

Banned
Hey I can play for a little bit right now if you want?

Sure I'm in a game - sign on and I will send you an invite it's at "waiting for other players"

-it kept starting so I'm not sure if the invite was for a specific room, now I've got a good one, got a while till they finish. should be in "invites"?

Okay missed it lol, maybe set up a match and throw me an invite if you want to play - I'm upstairs atm, definitely shouldn't host. Getting some snacks.

Derrick01

Banned
Hopefully Sony puts up some good deals on tuesday. I just got a bunch of birthday money and thanks to steam having garbage sales now I've got nothing else to spend it on. MGS collection and new little kings story would be good sale choices...or ps+ choices :p

Iacobellis

Not on Vita, no. Just seems to do it every night...Dunno what time though :p

Possibly it does it after being in sleep mode for a certain amount of time?

Does it do it at a specified time? I notice it's done whenever I wake up. Whether I go to sleep at 11pm or 7am. I think it waits till it's been asleep for a couple of hours and then does it as long you're on WiFi

I guess I'll keep my Vita in sleep mode whenever I goto bed, instead of powering it off. If only I had gone fully digital, the whole update process would be more streamlined.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Thanks :) Honestly I had my reservations but that P4G temptation is just too.... strong........

Well, no going back now, hahaha.

Just completely reformat/restore everything and you should be fine. And you might want to deactivate the existing account as a favour for the previous owner.

Hmm, so I should still be able to play those twp physical cart games even if I completely format the memory card like, right now?

leng jai

Hopefully Sony puts up some good deals on tuesday. I just got a bunch of birthday money and thanks to steam having garbage sales now I've got nothing else to spend it on. MGS collection and new little kings story would be good sale choices...or ps+ choices :p

I haven't bought anything from Steam. GMG and Amazon usually have better deals these days.

kiyomi

Hmm, so I should still be able to play those twp physical cart games even if I completely format the memory card like, right now?
Yep. Just blow it all up. Memory card and system. Then it'll be as new.

Congrats on your purchase, welcome to the brotherhood :p

Make sure you buy Surge and a PS+ sub if you don't have one already. And maybe buy ZHP eh?

Proc

I'm super happy to rediscover my launch vita. It's been collecting dust after some lumines and uncharted play until this holiday. I've purchased ps+, persona 4, and assassins creed liberation. All great deals and my handheld finally feels like its come into its own. Since the recent update, os features seem to feel snappier; particularly the browser. I'm now happy with my vita and am excited to see what is to come. E3 was a let down but lately Sony has turned my perception around on this device.

Edit: also, it can't be stated enough...Persona 4 Golden is one amazing game. I owe a lot of my recent vita joy to that game.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yep. Just blow it all up. Memory card and system. Then it'll be as new.

Congrats on your purchase, welcome to the brotherhood :p

Make sure you buy Surge and a PS+ sub if you don't have one already. And maybe buy ZHP eh?

And the profile for the previous owner will be wiped out too then?

For some reason I wouldn't be able to connect the Vita to the Internet anytime soon so I am rather concerned that maybe if I format the MC I am not gonna be able to play everything. But good to know if it isn't the case!

And thanks for the bolded! *Raises my sword* Hahaha.

Shahed

And the profile for the previous owner will be wiped out too then?

For some reason I wouldn't be able to connect the Vita to the Internet anytime soon so I am rather concerned that maybe if I format the MC I am not gonna be able to play everything. But good to know if it isn't the case!

And thanks for the bolded! *Raises my sword* Hahaha.

I believe all you have to do is go settings and select 'Restore PS Vita system'. It should ask you whether you want to deactivate the account and format the memory card. Just say yes to everything and it should be fine. Doesn't take that long if I recall. The start up though, that's another matter. Hope you like intro videos!

Have fun!

P.S. What size card did you get? Do you have PS+ and/or a PS3?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I believe all you have to do is go settings and select 'Restore PS Vita system'. It should ask you whether you want to deactivate the account and format the memory card. Just say yes to everything and it should be fine. Doesn't take that long if I recall. The start up though, that's another matter. Hope you like intro videos!

Have fun!

P.S. What size card did you get? Do you have PS+ and/or a PS3?

And to do this the Vita needs to be connected to the Internet? Sorry if I ask too many questions here but everything that has to do with "formatting" anything kind of scares me, hahaha.

Ahh I got a 8 GB card and no, I don't have a PS+ subscription. I am sorry to say that where I live the Internet is rather poor so I won't use this system's online features that much.

I have a PS3, but I am also sorry to say that all it does right now is collecting dust, haha. I do my gaming mostly on my Xbox360 (which is also offline only most of the time due to the shitty Internet connection here *sigh*)

Shahed

And to do this the Vita needs to be connected to the Internet? Sorry if I ask too many questions here but everything that has to do with "formatting" anything kind of scares me, hahaha.

Ahh I got a 8 GB card and no, I don't have a PS+ subscription. I am sorry to say that where I live the Internet is rather poor so I won't use this system's online features that much.

I have a PS3, but I am also sorry to say that all it does right now is collecting dust, haha. I do my gaming mostly on my Xbox360 (which is also offline only most of the time due to the shitty Internet connection here *sigh*)

You can format the memory card wherever you want. It'll delete the small piece of data on it that says it belongs to another user so you can go ahead and use it. For your own personal use, you don't need to be on the net to restore the system. It's only the previous user's deactivation I'm not sure about (but they can always go online and deactivate manually via the website so don't worry).

And I only asked if you had a PS3 because it's necessary to copy some PS1/PSP titles over to Vita. However if you're internet isn't the best and thus do not plan on getting many digital games, then don't worry about it. A smaller card is the way to go so you should be fine with just retail titles.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You can format the memory card wherever you want. It'll delete the small piece of data on it that says it belongs to another user so you can go ahead and use it. For your own personal use, you don't need to be on the net to restore the system. It's only the previous user's deactivation I'm not sure about (but they can always go online and deactivate manually via the website so don't worry).

And I only asked if you had a PS3 because it's necessary to copy some PS1/PSP title over to Vita. However if you're internet it's the best and thus do not plan on getting many digital games, then don't worry about it. A smaller card is the way to go so you should be fine with just retail titles.

Yes I do plan on mostly retail titles. I am now gonna hunt P4G and Disgaea, and holding out hope that Square doesn't back down on its FFX remake promise!

Anyways, thank you very much for all your responses :)

Shahed

Yes I do plan on mostly retail titles. I am now gonna hunt P4G and Disgaea, and holding out hope that Square doesn't back down on its FFX remake promise!

Anyways, thank you very much for all your responses :)

Yeah no worries! Now I just need to wait a few months for P4G to release here in the UK :(

B.O.O.M

I don't see why it wouldn't be legit. Looks a lot better than I remember. Still i need to see more variety in what the game offers before I make my mind up

Yeah it looks good..I feel it looks a bit different too. Maybe it's the extra polish. Was wondering if it was thread worthy since I have seen many asking what happened to the game

B.O.O.M

Oh, it's definitely new. Nice find!

To me, it still looks "meh" from what we saw last year. Maybe it's just not my kind of game, but I can't figure out why Sony has been so quiet about it.

well it's better to talk about it again once they have some completed a good chunk of the game. 2013 is looking good

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
It Lives! Really glad it's not been scrapped yet. Looks great although really rough.
Thanks for the link

Honestly curious, why do you guys think it looks rough? It looks pretty great actually. Graphics are nice and sharp, big enemy variety in the 2:30 minutes, quite a few different skills, Equip depicted on character model, classes have the standard set of variety, cute close up quick time finisher events.

The only thing that worries me a bit is that I cant see loot drops. I wouldnt like a system where you only buy stuff, randomized loot makes these games endlessly playable, nothing else.

There they are!
jbkWIXOqkmTKJU.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Warrior's Lair looks solid ...though I preferred the name Ruin

...now where the hell is it!?

Based on the logo in the video, this could be a really, really old video.#
And Ruin definitely was the better name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom