• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus reprinting Etrian Odyssey I/II/III (DS Dungeon Crawler)

Dwayne

Got this email from Videogamesplus today..
Excellent deal if you haven't got these games already! II and III never came out in Europe, Australia & New Zealand.
etrian_final.jpg

I only own the first one, somehow got a pal copy when ordering the US one from Amazon. Might jump at all 3 and give the pal version to a friend. I'm not opposed to owning pal games (Own Last Window DS and Eternia PSP) but I generally prefer having the US version.

zeelman

I take it this is not available in the US? It looks like videogamesplus does not have a US store.

EDIT: They have a warehouse in NY, so it looks like I can buy it from them.

Alboreo

In for the triple pack, I've been looking for copies of these locally for months to no avail.

Edit: Wait what it's not US? Well fucking shit.

peakish

Lol, awesome, and I just posted in a Radiant Historia thread about getting that since these games were so expensive. Thanks, Atlus (and the lovely region free DS Lite)!

Cool idea, slightly disappointing price, but I'm getting it anyway. Been wanting to try this series for a while, missed out on it, perfect timing. Thanks for the tip.

And in case you're blind, they ship worldwide.

Dwayne

They say in the picture in the OP that they're "one of the first" to offer the preorder, so it quite possibly could come to amazon soon.

They say in the picture in the OP that they're "one of the first" to offer the preorder, so it quite possibly could come to amazon soon.
They also mention that *they* have created the bundle, so don't expect that kind of deal elsewhere. Since it's also in limited quantities, it might not be a bad idea to place an order (they have a pre-order now pay later option) and check for better deals as they come up. I don't know how easy or hard it is to cancel an order, though.

shaowebb

Yay! I won the artbook from Free to a Good Home and its so cute I want to jump in on this on my breaks at work. This makes me quite happy.

zashga

Nice deal for people who missed out on one or more EO titles. If the triple pack had some sort of special packaging, I might even buy them all again.

Nice deal for people who missed out on one or more EO titles. If the triple pack had some sort of special packaging, I might even buy them all again.
Like I said, it's implied that the bundle is offered by the retailer rather than the publisher, so it's unlikely. Its image on the website is the first three games in standard packaging stacked on top of each other anyway.

zashga

Like I said, it's implied that the bundle is offered by the retailer rather than the publisher, so it's unlikely. Its image on the website is the first three games in standard packaging stacked on top of each other anyway.

Yeah, that's what I thought looking at the site myself. Kind of a shame... a nice special edition package would be pretty boss.

SerRodrik

Interesting. I've always been a bit curious about this series. If I was going to get just one of them, which one should it be?

zashga

Interesting. I've always been a bit curious about this series. If I was going to get just one of them, which one should it be?

The sequels get progressively more accessible. Only start on EO1 if you know what you're getting yourself into. There's little to no storyline connection between games, so don't worry about that.

Yeah, I would agree the third is the most accessible one, as they've been getting gradually moreso with each release. The 3DS one is even supposed to have an easy mode, I believe. But they're all great.

Which was the one that came with an art book when you preordered? Was that 2?

Edit: Apparently it was 3, I wish I could remember if I have the second one or not.

This is *wonderful* news. If you are at all considering/tempted by/on the fence about this bundle, please please please go for it! The Etrian Odyssey games are incredibly good, incredibly addicting and incredibly beautiful. Even if you don't know if you like dungeon crawlers (I didn't until I fell in love with EO). Even if you know they'll just end up in your backlog for a long time before you're able to play them (my copies sat unplayed for 3+ years before I finally gave them the attention they deserved). Just don't pass these games up. Start with the first game and work your way through all three, I promise that it's worth the time investment!

Does it look like all the covers are the same as before?
Yup, same covers.

Top Bottom