• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I didn't buy much besides 2 games on the Steam sale, I did purchase this.

DDGrWRaXgAExs-k.jpg

DDGrX0xW0AEX86O.jpg
DDGrZObXcAAXTpm.jpg
DDGraTfXgAAE5eo.jpg

Falcom Chronicle - 30th Anniversary Official Commemorative Book. Really cool book, can't read Japanese (lol) but there's a ton of artwork in it.

I have no idea what is going on. Is this missing game thing only for the browsers? The actual Steam client still shows them if you bought them?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
maybe somebody here can help.

I have an RX 480 outputting to two monitors. One on HDMI (TV) and one via DP. Both are 1080p/60hz. If I duplicate/clone them, boot a game, it seemingly switches everything to lower resolution (including W10's windows) and pushes the image off the right (cutting off a good chunk of the image). If I take away the clone and run it to one monitor, everything acts normally. Here is a short video of the issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znWajt479G4

Momentary

Banned
But
Cold Steel, Fate/Extella, Zwei, Ys VIII, Tokyo Xanadu

I shouldn't have bought all i did in the first half of the year I only played TitS 3rd out of it lol now I don't think I'll have the money for all this

What?! Did this get announced? Stop playing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey Uzzy, great job. If you want to make threads in the future, I've added you to ModBot admins. If Jshackles or JaseC or someone else could forward you the tutorial PM I sent other ModBot admins (it explains how to attach ModBot to a new thread and also how to audit giveaways in case there's a CONTROVERSY) that would be useful.

I've sent him a PM. Hopefully I didn't double up.

Teggy

Either Supermassive or Supergiant should be forced to change their name. Too confusing.

Well I knocked out Freedom Cry in like 3 hours, it was pretty easy to rush through. I started up both Rogue and Unity and think I will tag team them. I've had my fill with sailing so it will give me a break, as long as I don't start getting the control schemes confused. TBH, I didn't care a ton for playing as a pirate so I like these two new protagonists better so far. Rogue really goes that extra mile in the beginning to remind you you are still on the AC3 engine.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Bloodbath Kavkaz -- MB-AC70FB4164D305E1 - Taken by alr1ght
Invasion -- MB-8759EA4D0E164958 - Taken by bobnowhere
Spakonyo: Back to the USSR 2.0 -- MB-F3AE1034D51BAC74 - Taken by sadblob
Under Zero -- MB-1633321E5F7FFFA5 - Taken by DataGhost

JaseC

Thanks! I have like 13,000 PMs, the download PM function doesn't work for me, and I absolutely no hope of finding what I sent, so this is a big time saver.

Haha, I understand. I tried to send the PM earlier using my phone, but apparently Select All doesn't exist within the world of Chrome mobile/LastPass mobile and the text selection icons weren't cooperating with my fingers.

Holy shit on a stick ...

My game count dropped by 40 lol

Mine went down somewhere between 50 and 60, can't remember the exact number I had before!

List of games scrubbed clean.

Digital Homicide games are there along with others that were review scamming. But stuff like the Doctor Who games were only removed as the rights ran out so the list is not solely scammers, valve gonna valve I suppose.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so there goes the theory that you can always redownload games even if they are gone from the store (or steam shuts down OMG PANIC)?

MUnited83

For you.
so there goes the theory that you can always redownload games even if they are gone from the store (or steam shuts down OMG PANIC)?

You can still redownload the games just fine. The issues is them being scrubbed clean of your public game list. Also messes up the achievement pages for the games.

JaseC

The games are still in user libraries. They're just not counted as owned. A slightly awkward middle position between a purchased game and a Free on Demand game, essentially.

Edit: Ultra mega super beaten.

The games are still in user libraries. They're just not counted as owned. A slightly awkward middle position between a purchased game and a Free on Demand game, essentially.

Edit: Ultra mega super beaten.

I'm down to 498 games from 499. I guess Cook Serve Delicious 2 won't be my milestone game after all.

JaseC

can anybody test if it messes up steam cloud integration?

The terminated distribution agreement thing? Is there one with Steam Cloud support? The only such game that comes to mind is The Slaughtering Grounds, which doesn't use SC.

MUnited83

For you.
The terminated distribution agreement thing? Is there one with Steam Cloud support? The only such game that comes to mind is The Slaughtering Grounds, which doesn't use SC.

There's bound to be a couple of them in the list of games affected.

JaseC

There's bound to be a couple of them in the list of games affected.

Oh, yeah. I didn't mean to imply it's unlikely, just asking for an example so I can test.

Edit: None of DH's games support Steam Cloud, judging from the Mixed Pack sub.

Edit edit: Missed bob's post. That helps.

Cth

I'm hoping to finish some games before the next sale hits! At least I'm almost done with Hidden Folks and half the way in Wuppo and Scribblenauts Unlimited.

How's Hidden Folks? I've been meaning to pick that one up, but debating on which platform to get it.

So where's Cold Steel in the upcoming games list?

Didn't know that it's coming this month. I guess I made the right decision by not impulse buying games in the summer sale.

JaseC

I just took a screenshot of Wyatt Derp, uploaded to the cloud fine, it's under my content too but it's not displaying on my activity feed.

Hmm, the games being placed in some sort of quasi-private state would also explain why they're no longer considered owned.

Edit: Yeah, they're also not showing as recently played on my profile (then again, nothing is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom