• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horizon looks so painfully generic and boring.

Catchthemotherfuckingtea. I feel like Zelda will be dragged for its barren open world but will serve incredible dungeon design, whereas Horizon's world design is giving me Rise of the Tomb Raider teas.

giphy.gif

Make sure to watch Arrival starring the underrated Amy Adams if y'all haven't seen it yet. I rewatched it last night (on blu ray) and it cemented it's place as the best sci-fi film of the past 10 years (poor Passengers). The soundtrack, clever story, subtleties, alien design, cinematography, and Amy's acting, just wow.

10/10. 👍

YAAAASSS, hands down one of the best films I've seen in years. Amy Adams is a treasure.

DOWN

Banned
Everyone knows BeyRih is the hottest collab that hasn't happened

But Katy's voice would have made "New Romantics" a much bigger smash

Frodo

Not GAF melting down to defend PewDieFührer. It's been hilarious to watch. And by hilarious I mean sad. Very sad.

White people can get away with anything if they say it was a prank.

On topic: who is that pink lady?

Yado

Not GAF melting down to defend PewDieFührer. It's been hilarious to watch. And by hilarious I mean sad. Very sad.

White people can get away with anything if they say it was a prank.

On topic: who is that pink lady?

I assume it's someone from the upcoming season of RPDR.

llehuty

Taeyeon - I Got Love
What do you think of this?

I'm so mad at that stupid drop/anti-chorus/whatever. The rest of the song is fantastic, and the prechorus is super effective. It's even more annoying, because in the last variation of the chorus seems to get it (don't leave the stupid brass sample alone), but it's too late already. Producers dropped the ball there trying to do something cute, IMO. What a waste.

Taeyeon - I Got Love
What do you think of this?

I'm so mad at that stupid drop/anti-chorus/whatever. The rest of the song is fantastic, and the prechorus is super effective. It's even more annoying, because in the last variation of the chorus seems to get it (don't leave the stupid brass sample alone), but it's too late already. Producers dropped the ball there trying to do something cute, IMO. What a waste.

I think it's safe to say if it wasn't already that she's a full fledged solo artist at this point and I wonder if there's a need for SNSD.

Vazduh

Still one of the best posts related to LDR:

764385529c.png

Iconique

T-Virus got basically banished to China and in my eyes they will never live down that tragic U.S debut they tried to do.

They've always been messy, but they had so many smashes.

Bo Peep Bo Peep
Sugar Free
Day By Day (also the Dance Version... probably edited by the same guy who did Resident Evil: The Final Chapter)
Roly Poly (also the remix, Roly Poly in Copacabana)
Lovey Dovey
Sexy Love
Like The First Time

wELcNM8.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Avril is coming back? I was thinking of Sk8er Boi yesterday, rewatching this prehistoric internet relic, and cackling at these lyrics:

Sorry girl but you missed out
Well tough luck that boy's mine now
We are more than just good friends
This is how the story ends

Too bad that you couldn't see,
See the man that boy could be
There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I still really like her vocals on the song, but maybe that's just nostalgia talking...

SaintZ

Avril is coming back? I was thinking of Sk8er Boi yesterday, rewatching this prehistoric internet relic, and cackling at these lyrics:

Sorry girl but you missed out
Well tough luck that boy's mine now
We are more than just good friends
This is how the story ends

Too bad that you couldn't see,
See the man that boy could be
There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I still really like her vocals on the song, but maybe that's just nostalgia talking...
Well, she was 16 when she wrote the song so Ill give her a pass on that... she can write when she feels like it. Other times we get stuff like Hello Kitty.

But yeah she's coming back this year. She posted on instagram that she was releasing a new alber this year.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Well, she was 16 when she wrote the song so Ill give her a pass on that... she can write when she feels like it. Other times we get stuff like Hello Kitty.

But yeah she's coming back this year. She posted on instagram that she was releasing a new alber this year.

Yeah, I forgive her for the lyrics because what I wrote as a teen wasn't any better. Once upon a time, I thought they were great.

I'll give her new stuff a try.

I am honestly so ready of more Lana she took her time this time around and whether it's Honeymoon part 2 or something entirely new I'll give it a chance.

vUTJV4K.gif

I will say that Honeymoon's kind of mental journey sound has run it's course and she can't really run with that again even if she probably will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom