• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

2th

Banned
Then it was probably speculation or written by a fan or something.

Not saying she can't be alive, but I've read all the comicon stuff and never saw anything like that.

I could be wrong but I seem to recall it being someone attached to the series.

ZiZ

I don't think anyone from the original group is alive besides Katara.

HF12S.png

PBalfredo

I'm hoping against hope that Toph's still alive so she and Korra can be bros as a call back to Toph's question in The Avatar and the Firelord if some friendships really could transcend lifetimes.

Piecake

Couldnt help myself and watched it.

Was awesome. All there is to say. I was a bit worried about Korra's VA from the trailers ive seen, but actually quite liked her a lot when I heard an entire episode of her.

2th

Banned
I was thinking that I hoped they make some sort of reference to how shitty the film was. It would be pretty damn funny.

I'm kind of disappointed in the fact that they're just blurting out connections to the previous series with no subtlety at all. For instance,
do we really need to know that the police chief lady is Toph's daughter right now?
It's a lot more fun letting the viewer make guesses and assumptions and then revealing things organically, but that's just me.

2th

Banned

It was a typo....

also i left the nick press site open since i opened it and have just been watching it again (i think this is like the 5th time lol) and im loving Korra's VA more and more. SHe has the energy, the passion, yet that little bit of of being unsure about herself.

It was a typo....

I was referring to the fact that your post made no sense. Liking the episode has nothing to do with the fact that it was, in fact, parodying a potential Avatar adaptation that would suck. What I posted wasn't a matter of opinion.

The parody was actually remarkably prescient and nailed a lot of problems with the film, but then again there are few things the film didn't do wrong.

"At least the effects were good."

2th

Banned
I was referring to the fact that your post made no sense. Liking the episode has nothing to do with the fact that it was, in fact, parodying a potential Avatar adaptation that would suck. What I posted wasn't a matter of opinion.

The parody was actually remarkably prescient and nailed a lot of problems with the film, but then again there are few things the film didn't do wrong.

"At least the effects were good."

I never said they need an entire episode to parody the film, just that they need to reference the film at some point. maybe Korra saying something like "everyone remembers that really bad play by the Ember Island Players."

Besides that episode was, as you say, parodying any potential film not THE shitty film we got. I would like something a little more direct.

iavi

I'm kind of disappointed in the fact that they're just blurting out connections to the previous series with no subtlety at all. For instance,
do we really need to know that the police chief lady is Toph's daughter right now?
It's a lot more fun letting the viewer make guesses and assumptions and then revealing things organically, but that's just me.

It felt natural. It would have been weird had Korra not noted it, for the sake of forced mystification, given that she seems to have something to say for everything.

Raxus

I never said they need an entire episode to parody the film, just that they need to reference the film at some point. maybe Korra saying something like "everyone remembers that really bad play by the Ember Island Players."

Besides that episode was, as you say, parodying any potential film not THE shitty film we got. I would like something a little more direct.

Personally I hope they put that far behind them and just focus on the story for now. There is a lot of world building and new characters (as well as old) we have to get out of the way. We get it, the movie sucked, but I won't be surprised if another ember island players crops up before this series ends. The EIP episode was technically filler but it is easily one of the top 3 episodes in the Avatar series.

Korra, mad men, game of thrones...

sogood.gif

My DVR is going to be so packed with animated shows on Sundays. + Mad Men and Game of Thrones, GOTDAYUM

Thundercats --> Green Lantern --> Young Justice --> Legend of Korra --> Transformers: Prime --> Avengers

Who says cartoons suck these days? My inner child is bouncing off the walls.

GCX

My DVR is going to be so packed with animated shows on Sundays. + Mad Men and Game of Thrones, GOTDAYUM

Thundercats --> Green Lantern --> Young Justice --> Legend of Korra --> Transformers: Prime --> Avengers

Who says cartoons suck these days? My inner child is bouncing off the walls.
4th season of Adventure Time starts in April too. :)

apana

I still can't believe I'm seeing all of this. I'm surprised that the first episode of aribender was even allowed to be done let alone getting a brand new series. Traditional cartoons were a big thing for a while but then it seems like everyone gave up, they acted like there was no room for growth and there clearly is. Animated cartoons are perfect for transporting us to new worlds on a relatively small budget and given the right story the sky is the limit.

Skilletor

Episode 1 says Book 1: Air.

I thought this was only going to be one season. Are we getting more than that?

First episode was amazing. Epic troll mentioning Zuko's mom. I actually got really sad when katara said all of her friends had passed. :(

Sokka. :(

apana

Episode 1 says Book 1: Air.

I thought this was only going to be one season. Are we getting more than that?

First episode was amazing. Epic troll mentioning Zuko's mom. I actually got really sad when katara said all of her friends had passed. :(

Sokka. :(

Two seasons and maybe more? I don't know, they have done 26 episodes already and I presume 13 episodes per season. It actually seems a bit short to me, maybe they wanted to keep it short or maybe Nickelodeon is hesitant and want to see ratings before they greenlight more episodes. I would think Nickelodeon would be forcing them to do more considering the success of the first series but who knows what the execs are thinking.

Book 2: Plasma

CoolS

Awesome :D

Two seasons and maybe more? I don't know, they have done 26 episodes already and I presume 13 episodes per season. It actually seems a bit short to me, maybe they wanted to keep it short or maybe Nickelodeon is hesitant and want to see ratings before they greenlight more episodes. I would think Nickelodeon would be forcing them to do more considering the success of the first series but who knows what the execs are thinking.

Book 2: Plasma

What worries m about that is that if Nick is in fact doing that, that could mean two things: One, that this series does have a kind of cliffhanger endinf that might leave us wondering what will happen next.
the other would be, that this series hasn a great ending but then Nick wants more episodes and they just pull something out their ass to keep it going, even though the 'real' story is already told. :/

I hope it doesn't end that way and there is a third option, where they tell a great story but still have room for a great second set of episodes.

huge spoiler following
she is not dead supposedly and will make an appearance

It's funny that everyone asumes everyone but Katara is dead from the original crew. Katara only mentions
Sokka and many of her friends being gone. Outside of Sokka, pretty much the entire group could still be alive, minus the "many of my friends" amount of course.

I must say, I'm torn. On one hand I would love to get an episode that gives closure to the old crew, on the other I think it's very hard to pull that off without doing too much fanservice.
Hell, we've got plenty of that in the first episode allready, allthough some of it was ice cold and brutal^^

CoolS

It's funny that everyone asumes everyone but Katara is dead from the original crew. Katara only mentions
Sokka and many of her friends being gone. Outside of Sokka, pretty much the entire group could still be alive, minus the "many of my friends" amount of course.

Pretty much, We basically don't know anything. My guess is that we will get bits and pieces here and there, just like in this episode, instead of a whole episode dedicated only to the Gaang.

Mr. Sam

Ahahahahaha! Oh man, that is so perfect.

Even so, wouldn't it be awesome if they poked fun of the terrible movie in Korra?

That movie gave my very soul a disease. It was faithful to the show in all the wrong ways ("Hey guys, I'm going to cram the plot of every single episode from season one into here, but I forgot to put in any characterisation and I made the bending look like a magic shaman dance instead of, you know, bending. That's the twist.") and just-- just horrible. Korra is the cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom