• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
While that's obviously bad here, the idea is actually kinda cool. I would like to see someone mix and match languages for a series that kinda fits. I remember seeing a twitter post of someone doing that with Yuri on Ice and it was pretty neat.
Someone recut the Stardust Crusaders OVAs to mix the Japanese, French, Swedish, and English dubs so that everybody speaks in context-appropriate languages. Wish I could find a copy of that.

there's no Arabic dub, so Avdol speaks Swedish

zulux21

I call bullshit that he has literally zero interest in seeing his biological mother.

it might not be zero, but it is at least low enough that he doesn't care enough to listen to details about her.

the point is to him he has always had a mother, it's always been his father that has been missing and thus why he wants to find him.

cntr

Banned
the point is to him he has always had a mother, it's always been his father that has been missing and thus why he wants to find him.
And even then, he wants to find Ging for the challenge, not because he wants Ging to actually be his parent

zulux21

And even then, he wants to find Ging for the challenge, not because he wants Ging to actually be his parent

I think it more started to ask him why he left (I think he even says so at some point) but yeah at this point it is totally about the challenge.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm now worried how much Viz is gonna charge for the Jojo BDs, but again, I guess they just seem high to me due to now normally buying BD or DVD, just games.

Also omg that best dressed discussion. Probably will only get to listen to half of Part 2, but it's certainly made work much more enjoyable.

zulux21

I'm now worried how much Viz is gonna charge for the Jojo BDs, but again, I guess they just seem high to me due to now normally buying BD or DVD, just games.

Also omg that best dressed discussion. Probably will only get to listen to half of Part 2, but it's certainly made work much more enjoyable.

I imagine jojo will be right in line with hunter x hunter.
broken up into 13 episode parts that the first set retails at $55 while later parts retail at $30.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They'll probably break it up into Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency.
I want to say you're correct in that they confirmed that last July. Though I wonder if they'll split Part 3 into 2 seasons like in Japan or keep it to one release. I hope Part 4 is kept into one release as well & not split into three 13 episode releases.

zulux21

I want to say you're correct in that they confirmed that last July. Though I wonder if they'll split Part 3 into 2 seasons like in Japan or keep it to one release. I hope Part 4 is kept into one release as well & not split into three 13 episode releases.

I don't think there is any doubt that the longer parts will be broken into 13 episode chunks.

the only new release that I know of in recent memory that wasn't broken up into parts was my love story by sentai, and it was originally planned to be but because of some sort of delay they decided to just release it as a full set.

for the heck of it though...

*looks at viz releases by release date http://www.rightstufanime.com/category/Blu~ray,DVD/publisher/VIZ?order=custitem_rs_release_date:desc *

pokemon advanced is a collection release
sailor moon crystal is being broken up into chunks
sailor moon releases in general are more than 13 episode chunks but they are an odd mix of both a re-release but also a new release since it has a new dub and no censorship so is likely an exception than something to base anything off of.

*keeps going and gets to a conclusion*

I think we will really just have to wait and see as basically jojo will be the first series with less than 30+ episodes per part that viz will have released in a very long time. they mostly just release endless series like naruto and pokemon anymore and have some really weird license rescues like moribito (which was originally anime works apparently but is now viz)
but going off sentai and funimation I would expect each season to be broken up into around 13 episode chunks.

Wow anime releases still do shitty dubtitles?
I thought that practice died out a decade ago.

No dubtitles still happen quiet a bit

And I'll send out those codes I promised later today I think one or two of you accidentally requested something someone else above you asked for first.

Edit: moaradin someone else asked for day of the tentacle first if you want something else look over the list

I've got

Crimson Echinda: Shantae
Rampaging Soul: VA11
Hellwarden: Day of the tentacle
Cntr: nuclear throne
Schaden: guacemelee
Sigmasonicx: super meat boy

cntr

Banned
Part 1 and 2 will probably be their own releases, but yeah I can't see them not splitting Part 3 and 4 into multiple volumes

Jojo part 3 and 4 will likely be 4 volumes of 13 episodes and 3 volumes of 13 episodes as they come out. Down the road they'll likely due a complete series or a journey to egypt arc and egype arc release of part 3 and something similar for part 4.

Seda

I think the only thing Jason said was Season 2 (Part 3) may not air directly after Season 1. But I'm sure Toonami will air it at some point.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I just want Part 3 for this scene

10341194.gif

If anyone wants any of the following steam keys let me know, first to quote one per person

2064: Read Only Memories Claimed by Grexeno
AI War: Fleet Command
Day of the Tentacle
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Human Resource Machine
Mini Metro
Mushroom 11
Nuclear Throne
Super Meat Boy
VVVVVV
World of Goo
Bit Blaster XL
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
DEADBOLT
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Pony Island
Refunct
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
LIMBO
Guess I'll have to go with World of Goo :0

Morlas

I've been lurking this thread for a while and i'm fairly sure the first time the kakashi gif was used was before that episode even aired.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think the only thing Jason said was Season 2 (Part 3) may not air directly after Season 1. But I'm sure Toonami will air it at some point.
Yup, he wasn't sure if there'd be a break between Part 2 & 3 (I have a feeling it will as to not have fatigue, but then again, 2 gundams in a row....), but Part 3, due to its popularity here in the US, is pretty much a shoo-in & a matter of "when" now.

Part 4 might be one where I'm a bit more skeptical as to if it'll happen later on, but I suuurreeee hope it does.

Yup, he wasn't sure if there'd be a break between Part 2 & 3 (I have a feeling it will as to not have fatigue, but then again, 2 gundams in a row....), but Part 3, due to its popularity here in the US, is pretty much a shoo-in & a matter of "when" now.

Part 4 might be one where I'm a bit more skeptical as to if it'll happen later on, but I suuurreeee hope it does.
Part 4 is some good batshit Jojo shit though.
Fucking Atom Heart Father
is hilarious in that department.

Codes are away boys and girls enjoy

When I get home from dinner I'll be offering the codes elsewhere so final call if you want one of the unclaimed games

Unit24

Speaking of Viz, what the hell is up with their bizarre release of Monster? Why is it only available in Australia? Did I miss something?

HxH ep 34:

Lol at Killua threatening to kill a bunch of handicapped dudes while they're taking a crap. So after his fights with Gon and Killua this wheelchair dude can't even wipe his own ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom