• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros 4 roster to be completely revealed next month on corocoro

200px-Geno_SMRPG.gif

Awww yeahh

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not surprised that Coro Coro and the fans are overhyped this announcement.

I urge people to remember what happens with Brawl's Coro Coro. I would like to believe that they are covered all announced starting roster.

-Horizon-

I mean I already have my perfect triforce of characters that I wanted. Everything else will just be icing on the cake. Of course getting Shulk will be good, there are a lot of people waiting for him and it would be interesting to see his move set.

That's interesting. I expected them to leave some characters unannounced until the game was out at retail like they did with Brawl.

I urge people to remember what happens with Brawl's Coro Coro. I would like to believe that they are covered all announced starting roster.

How was that worded compared to this? Anyway, Pokemon leaks will be in it so if does come with non-news, at least it won't be a waste for me lol.

When did that happen for Brawl? Just curious; I just realized this is the last Corocoro before Smash 3DS is released in Japan, so it makes sense for them to be hyping it.

Yes, this right here. I remember submitting that story to a certain video game news site several years ago (only time I've ever done so), they gave me credit, and I was wrong, lol.

Basically, a very similar book was created for Brawl, and they only revealed the already announced characters, despite saying implying that it could be complete. Therefore, don't get your hopes up.

Oh cool so next month we'll see mewtwo's ssb4 artwork. Im hype!
come on I must believe! Everyone if we all believe hard enough it'll come true.

When did that happen for Brawl? Just curious; I just realized this is the last Corocoro before Smash 3DS is released in Japan, so it makes sense for them to be hyping it.

There was this (which I was referring to above), not from Corocoro, but from Famitsu:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/01/16/perfect-score-for-smash-bros (read excerpt at bottom)
Though I can't find the actual guide, unfortunately...

From Corocoro was this, I believe:
http://smashboards.com/threads/corocoro-card-translations.136511/

Can you confirm this Joe?

From GameFAQs:
Guys, this stupid magazine promised the same thing with Brawl in its December 2007 issue (after the game had been delayed). It ended up just showing all characters currently on the website.

It claiming "all characters will be revealed" is just a crappy stunt to generate attention for itself. If you're worried about spoilers, don't be, because they won't come from here.

Yep, there was the misconception. They had a Smash Book and said all characters would be in it, but it didn't have every one in it. The hidden ones were still hidden.

And there you have it. Thank god.
Maybe this would be a good idea to be in the OP?

Well they already have 36 characers revealed. Not much else they could be hiding.
Theres still various veterans to show and at least (very probably) two more newcomers (Shulk and Chorus kids, yes that leak was real).

Revven

Realize the following:

Brawl CoroCoro didn't show every character
Smash 4 3DS is releasing in Japan first in September

Whatever we don't get in CoroCoro we will find out in September anyway. Hold your hype back.

NeonZ

Considering how coy they're being about stages, it's likely there will be a ton of hidden content in that form, along with extra custom moves, music, trophies and costumes/palettes. If that's given enough care, I don't mind having all the characters known at release.

CoroCoro is claiming they'll reveal all stages too.

Devil

Don't get your hopes up. New characters were still found in the japanese version of Brawl after the so called "complete roster" stuff by corocoro. We'll get the information in september anyway.

DJIzana

All I want is EITHER Shulk or Ness. I don't care if it's only one of these characters at this point... I just want either.
Both would be best though!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kojima Open to Snake Returning in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

During a Twitch interview, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima expressed interest in seeing Snake in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, but said the prospect is unlikely.

"I'm not working on that game so I don't know, but I don't think that's likely," said Kojima. "Well, if Mr. Sakurai is watching this, please use Snake."

GRW810

Which somewhat-likely returnees are we still awaiting definite, official confirmation for?

Wario, Ganon, Mr. Game and Watch, ROB, Lucas, Mewtwo?

I don't know why those in particular haven't been confirmed by now. Ganon and Wario are almost certain, and could easily have appeared in videos featuring others from their respective series, while G&W appeared in the background of footage if I remember correctly?

I think Lucas, ROB and Mewtwo have a high chance off missing out unfortunately. I actually enjoyed using ROB in Brawl.

Shulk and Bayo as newcomers and Wario, Ganon and ROB returning would do me just fine.

During a Twitch interview, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima expressed interest in seeing Snake in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, but said the prospect is unlikely.

"I'm not working on that game so I don't know, but I don't think that's likely," said Kojima. "Well, if Mr. Sakurai is watching this, please use Snake."
"We won't put new MGS games on Wii U or 3DS (not including Snake Eater) but please include Snake in Smash Bros!"

rawktapus

Which somewhat-likely returnees are we still awaiting definite, official confirmation for?

Wario, Ganon, Mr. Game and Watch, ROB, Lucas, Mewtwo?

I don't know why those in particular haven't been confirmed by now. Ganon and Wario are almost certain, and could easily have appeared in videos featuring others from their respective series, while G&W appeared in the background of footage if I remember correctly?

I think Lucas, ROB and Mewtwo have a high chance off missing out unfortunately. I actually enjoyed using ROB in Brawl.

Shulk and Bayo as newcomers and Wario, Ganon and ROB returning would do me just fine.

I think ROB is a lock, personally. Moves are unique as is he. G and W was in the Pac man trailer if you're looking for the specific example. Not just background either, a fairly active cameo.

Kurtofan

Realize the following:

Brawl CoroCoro didn't show every character
Smash 4 3DS is releasing in Japan first in September

Whatever we don't get in CoroCoro we will find out in September anyway. Hold your hype back.

Title should be updated with this info.

Morts

I'd be estatic with one of Rayman or Snake, but I'm going to be very disappointed. Still looks like a pretty good roster.

Top Bottom