• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo employee says yesterday's Smash Bros. Direct is hiding a few things

Exile20

xMlgSUh.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs

Where are you detective GAF?

Update:

UJmAA6e.png

JC Rodrigo, I am sure hidden on all these pages has all the secrets. :)

Shun

I'm pretty sure he means the unidentified stages and items such as the Elite Four stage and certain Assist Trophies.

During the newcomer reveal, I legitimately thought that cannonballs were being fired but they turned out to be Pokéballs instead. King K. Rool konfirmed.

Ridley shadow has to be one, why would he show Yellow Devil and then play around with Ridley when he knows how much we want him (he's not that kind of troll)? We need to go deeper.

okayfrog

Banned
Palutena fake-out, Ridley's shadow, and Meta-Knight's stage come to mind.
EDIT: And I'm sure this has already been mentioned by now, but you can also see a part of Ridley's wing (?) when the shadow goes overhead. The color isn't purple like normal Ridley, but more of a grey/silver. However, people have attributed it to Ridley's tail from Other M, though apparently that's not really Ridley in-game so... square one.

cafemomo

Airs Auk is a anagram of Sakurai

Auk is a penguin

"youse a penguin motherfucker"

Dr. Dre Confirmed as a newcomer

Those 2 PC monitors in the background are blank, Nintendo could be using them to represent the lack of new F-Zero and Metroid games.

New F-Zero and Metroid confirmed???

Lijik

Is it the secret to aging backwards?

For years Sakurai has been a test subject for a secret project at Nintendo spearheaded by Iwata. Due to the potential fatalities involved, he was granted free reign on his games with the company.

The project is finally ready, and in 2014 Nintendo is going to improve the world's Quality of Life

Oppo

Reminds me of the Uncharted video "complaint".

PLEASE STARE MORE INTENTLY AT OUR MARKETING VIDEO GUYS

Rubius

During the newcomer reveal, I legitimately thought that cannonballs were being fired but they turned out to be Pokéballs instead. King K. Rool konfirmed.

There is a Kremlin during the Smash Run, so yeah.
King K. Roll Krash the Kerfuffle

All aboard the hype train. And Sakurai love to put secret in his games, so Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Ness are all probably coming back as secrets. Mr Game And Watch too maybe. The roaster will be really good if he even put 6 secret characters in.

Exotoro

For years Sakurai has been a test subject for a secret project at Nintendo spearheaded by Iwata. Due to the potential fatalities involved, he was granted free reign on his games with the company.

The project is finally ready, and in 2014 Nintendo is going to improve the world's Quality of Life

oh mY GOD

kirblar

Mr Saturn in the speaker is pretty cute. There are probably other easter eggs (like the Substitute thing) in Sakurai's segments.

Hatchtag

Banned
Psuedo Palutena
Namco Assist Trophies
Ridley
Earthbound reps, Wario, and Captain Falcon basically being confirmed.

sonto340

The Find Mii stage struck me as odd because it had it's own Unique Icon.

Did the Electroplankton stage and the Pictochat Stage in Brawl have their own icons?

The Find Mii stage struck me as odd because it had it's own Unique Icon.

Did the Electroplankton stage and the Pictochat Stage in Brawl have their own icons?
Yes.

It's weird that Find Mii has its own icon when it's likely that Mii is playable, though. I can't see Mii's icon being a crown.

Stolen from the internets

TWs9uxk.jpg

I'm not even sure what this is supposed to be saying. Those four trophies are from four of Nintendo games and this person seems to think they are the most discussed games as far as new characters are concerned. That's it? Nothing was said with that image, unless I'm missing something.

Linkhero1

If Chrom/Lucina and Ridley get in over Squirtle, I will jump off a building.

FE will definitely get a new character entry from the latest and most popular entry, so Chrom is most likely in. Personally, I'd rather have Lucina. I doubt Ridley is playable.

"series that have had the most discussion regarding newcomers"

That's not even true. And besides, we all know that Tingle will be the Zelda newcomer. My body is ready, get hype, etc.

Top Bottom