• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S4 |OT| ZaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAACH

IronRinn

oCeG3wN.jpg

DxBpJYJ.png

29118160711_6467a5650c_o.png

ULv4Dma.jpg

29118160801_651a5b1abb_o.png

ng4raVP.png

iPa0GFE.jpg

319fe89455e6e8e585cd7bdb1fcb64d6.png

8c2XcTU.jpg

kdfC4Ge.png

72Uv0yK.jpg

zZxUFjP.png

avmjQoR.jpg

WHFNEhy.png

hwQUDdU.jpg

FzBylDO.png

tlGT8oV.jpg

B5PLibH.png

fiwaLFM.png

T1pC6rs.jpg

VghzYqr.png

6fVvWGJ.jpg

El8LgML.png

dghUpb2.png

3WSzzza.jpg

sPCkr4a.png

29196141645_9f5aa47473_o.png

IOEtIh2.png

Jackpot

Banned
I dropped it after season 1 after it became clear the show didn't respect the audience.

I came across an op-ed about how crappy Zach was in season 2 after he started smashing up his dad's lab filled with deadly diseases.

Then most recently I clicked a youtube vid showing Zach detonating a nuclear bomb in New York because he hated his father.

So glad I bailed.

Ponn

Banned
I'm not sure I can do this again. Unless Zack gets killed off the first episode. Also this would have to follow GoT and this would be such a goddamn downer. I might DVR this.

Khezu

I don't remember if I watched season 3 or not.

Last I remember is bald good guys wife turned into a vampire and had a bunch of vampire kids, and "good" vampires were introduced.

Ponn

Banned
I don't remember if I watched season 3 or not.

Last I remember is bald good guys wife turned into a vampire and had a bunch of vampire kids, and "good" vampires were introduced.

Nope that sounds like season 2, you would distinctly remember season 3 and the fuckery that went down.

IronRinn

Wait. Is Gus not in the show any more? He's not int the first post or the trailer. He made it out alive last season, right?
I think I might have forgotten weather he was alive or not. I will add him in when I get a minute.

Also, can a mod change the "H" at the end of the title to a "K"? I fucked up.

RS4-

Oh god, I might as well put up with this season since it's the last one.

And then they'll announce some spinoff series.

I don't remember a whole lot about the books back when I read them, but I remember strongly disliking the way they end everything.

Have there been any divergences from the books thus far? Any chances of them changing anything up? I only watched through season 1.

I don't remember a whole lot about the books back when I read them, but I remember strongly disliking the way they end everything.

Have there been any divergences from the books thus far? Any chances of them changing anything up? I only watched through season 1.

I haven't read them, but my understanding is they've been diverging from the books in a lot of ways since season 1. One of the main characters since season 1 isn't even in the books IIRC.

Show is awful but I'm in for the final season.

Show is utter tripe, but I'm glad they had the balls to stay with the post-apocalypse storyline of book three. But this is This Show, so I fully expect them to embrace the left turn supernatural bullshit that was thrown into Night Eternal.

They actually have been adding major new characters and plotlines. Dutch. The bioweapon. The best parts of season three - the actual warzone of New York - were never in the book.

inky

Please tell me they changed Zacks again.

I bailed out last season. I found out I don't hate myself as much as I thought I did.

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers completely forgot Gus existed.

Gus was one of the few compelling characters in the books, so of course the show gave him the shaft. I was so looking forward to the Gus-Quinlan Team Up Power Hour. And they even truncated Creem's involvement in the story to a cameo in the first episode. Which was odd because he was a major human bro-tagonist in book three.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
came in expecting Gaf's number one The Strain fan, Ratsky, to be the first post.

Leave disapointed.

Redd

....well might as well finish it. It's pretty bad but there might be a slim chance it finishes strong.

Dropped this a long time ago because it was pretty awful. I think? I don't really remember anything about it. I remember really hating it though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season premiere is tonight, god help us all

The Worm Turns

In the Season 4 premiere, Night Eternal has set in following the nuclear war and Eph abandons New York for Philadelpha, where he encounters new fighters who rekindle his drive to fight back. Elsewhere: Setrakian tasks Fet and Quinlan to find a new means of stopping the Master.

Vuze

Oh boy, skimming through the posts after I just watched the pilot last night 😳 I guess I'll keep on watching though, it was rather intriguing.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I still remember how I got excited after watching the pilot episode and read all the books before season 1 was even finished. The first book was okay, the second was disappointing and the third was just pure trash.

This season had better see Zach die in the most painful, horrific way imaginable.
I'm guessing they're going to go for the unhappy ending.

Abraham will finally defeat the Strigoi but at the cost of his own life, saving Zach from the clutches of the Master.

Reunited with his father who he still hates, they walk off into the sunset to build a new life.

The end.

No. NO! NOOOooooo!

[Insert Jesse Pinkman gif here]

I'm guessing they're going to go for the unhappy ending.

Abraham will finally defeat the Strigoi but at the cost of his own life, saving Zach from the clutches of the Master.

Reunited with his father who he still hates, they walk off into the sunset to build a new life.

The end.

No. NO! NOOOooooo!

[Insert Jesse Pinkman gif here]

I'm going to writer a strongly worded email if this happens. He needs to die. I didn't even hate Joffrey as much as I hate Zach. He's irredeemable, he needs to die and painfully. I want to see his head on a pike with everyone taking turns to spit on it.

I thought they cancelled The Strain years ago!
Only watched 1,2 episodes. It wasn't bad, but didn't like it and then there weren't any hype about it. Is it good? Specially for someone who loved Fringe. Are there similarities between The Strain and Fringe or I'm totally wrong?

V-Gief

I'm going to writer a strongly worded email if this happens. He needs to die. I didn't even hate Joffrey as much as I hate Zach. He's irredeemable, he needs to die and painfully. I want to see his head on a pike with everyone taking turns to spit on it.
This person speaks the truth. The whiny little shit needs to die a horrible and painful death :|

Top Bottom