• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Tactics coming to Android with enhanced graphics

Goli

http://app.famitsu.com/20130214_129721/
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions is now out in Japan for Android via SE's Square Enix Market, which most likely means it'll be released worldwide soon on Google Play. The Android version has enhanced graphics as shown here:
%E3%83%90%E3%83%88%E3%83%AB_%E6%AF%94%E8%BC%83.jpg

Characters such as Ramza appear to have higher resolution sprites too:
FFT%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A3%E3%83%A9%E9%AB%98%E8%A7%A3%E5%83%8F%E5%BA%A6%E5%8C%96.jpg

The report on Famitsu's website also mentions a complete overhaul of the game's interface that allows full customization and makes it more intuitive for users by adding standard multi-touch interface features, as well as sped up drawing speed (I'm guessing this means no more slowdowns? It might also be the hinted at via the game's description on iOS' battle fast forward option).
An update for the iPhone/iPod and iPad versions with all these upgrades is supposed to hit soon, and both of the game's versions on iOS are getting price cuts which are already effective in the Japanese App Store, but not yet elsewhere.
Finally, Drakerider and Chaos Rings II are coming to Square Enix Market on 2/21 and 2/28 respectively, which means they'll probably be released soon on Google Play.

Just started playing this on PSP. Now I'll wait for this instead. My phone will get a second game! That's like a 100% increase in games!

Yeah, Square?

After releasing these horseshit ports of Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSP and iOS, I'll never buy any ports from this company again.

Final Fantasy Tactics is very high on my 'best games ever' list - but I can't play these shitty ports that have terrible framerate, lag on almost every action, have horrible fonts and control issues, etc.

Squaresoft once baked this really nice cake and now Square-Enix is decorating it with dogshit. Never again.

Goli

Yeah, Square?

After releasing these horseshit ports of Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSP and iOS, I'll never buy any ports from this company again.

Final Fantasy Tactics is very high on my 'best games ever' list - but I can't play these shitty ports that have terrible framerate, lag on almost every action, have horrible fonts and control issues, etc.

Squaresoft once baked this really nice cake and now Square-Enix is decorating it with dogshit. Never again.
Well, the update that the iOS versions are getting is supposed to fix some of those issues.

Will it be overpriced like all Square games on android?
Probably.

Jarnet87

cool for android users i guess. With this iteration Tactics is now officially dead and buried as there are no more platforms to whore it out on. Good night sweet tactics, I will love you forever.

ForzaFerrari

Neo Member
Yeah, Square?

umad?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Wow, Ramza's sprite is awesome and true to the original. If everyone is like that, animations included, sweet.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nobody gives a shit about the graphics. We give a shit about the slowdown.

It's embarrassing that they've released so many versions of this game and it's been a sluggish mess every time.

Midou

I hate the majority of phone game interfaces, but a SRPG seems like a great fit. May actually pick this up.

Midou

It's embarrassing that they've released this game so many times and it's been a sluggish mess every time.

Thank god for fan-made fix, but it's unfortunate you need a 'modded' PSP to use it, would love to play with the fix on Vita or PS3 too..

It's embarrassing that they've released so many versions of this game and it's been a sluggish mess every time.

This is true. I will buy this day one if they fix the slowdown. The good news is that, since Android is so customizable, the people over at FFHacktics will probably have it fixed in a day if it still exists.

Haven't gotten around to playing the PSP version yet but I'll stick with that since I'll play it on the TV and with a real controller.

Haven't gotten around to playing the PSP version yet but I'll stick with that since I'll play it on the TV and with a real controller.

If you have a PSP with custom firmware, install the FFHacktics patch that gets rid of the slowdown. You'll thank me later, believe me.

Top Bottom