• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

I've been with Naruto too long not to check out the movie and subsequent mini-series. (Which I expect to turn into a full blown series before everything is truly all said and done) With that said. I hope Naruto doesn't leave me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Turok_TTZ

also, that last naruto the movie confirms that theory that few supported or gave little credence on chapter 3 to be truth.

not hard to imagine. 12 year olds are petty kids will be kids.

Turok_TTZ

What theory?
in the last naruto the movie:
sakura said the only reason naruto liked her was because of sasuke

in chapter 3 in the manga, Remember how Naruto went to see sakura disguised as sasuke through transform jutsu?

sakura said to naruto (whilst disguised as sasuke) that she only wanted sasuke's acknowledgement and affection. key word: acknowledgement.

Naruto wanted to be acknowledged by everyone. especially sasuke. thus, he found common ground with sakura. but he also had a rivalry going with sasuke, so him asking out sakura was not because he liked her. it was because he wanted to prove himself better than sasuke. so for naruto, winning sakura was a big middle finger to sasuke. he was never truly interested in sakura in the first place.

I dont remember the rest, saw the whole post better detailing this on NF. basically saying from chapter 3, NS was never gonna happen because of this. The last movie spoilers just proven this theory to be truth.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I see Frog-Fu finally embraced NaruHina
2z7exox.png

Dat avatar bet

Fj0823

in the last naruto the movie:
sakura said the only reason naruto liked her was because of sasuke

in chapter 3 in the manga, Remember how Naruto went to see sakura disguised as sasuke through transform jutsu?

sakura said to naruto (whilst disguised as sasuke) that she only wanted sasuke's acknowledgement and affection. key word: acknowledgement.

Naruto wanted to be acknowledged by everyone. especially sasuke. thus, he found common ground with sakura. but he also had a rivalry going with sasuke, so him asking out sakura was not because he liked her. it was because he wanted to prove himself better than sasuke.

I dont remember the rest, saw the whole post better detailing this on NF. basically saying from chapter 3, NS was never gonna happen because of this. The last movie spoilers just proven this theory to be truth.

That makes an awful lot of sense...
But is Kishimoto that good at setting things up?
Might be a coincidence.

Frog-fu

Banned
Naruto's feelings for Sakura being reduced to an extension of his rivalry with Sasuke is a blatant retcon. He was into her before Team 7 became a thing and was annoyed with the fact she liked him because he didn't know what she saw in him.

The movie's treatment of Naruto borders on character assassination. Naruto gave Sakura shit for lying to herself but never realised how he had been lying to himself all along? Naruto, the person who values his bonds with others the most, didn't realise how much he really felt about the girl he thought he was in love with for years? Bullshit.

It's been written that way purely to prop up Hinata as Naruto's first true love. Nothing is stopping Kishimoto/SP from retroactively dismantling and retconning the manga, but I'm going to firmly disregard any such nonsense.

Turok_TTZ

That makes an awful lot of sense...
But is Kishimoto that good at setting things up?
Might be a coincidence.
I doubt it considering kishi basically wrote/supervised the movie's script. all this does is burying NS even further. I don't see the need for more burials but damn kishi got an agenda against sakura. i wonder if its because sakura was not his design?

Turok_TTZ

Naruto's feelings for Sakura being reduced to an extension of his rivalry with Sasuke is a blatant retcon. He was into her before Team 7 became a thing and was annoyed with the fact she liked him because he didn't know what she saw in him.

The movie's treatment of Naruto borders on character assassination. Naruto gave Sakura shit for lying to herself but never realised how he had been lying to himself all along? Naruto, the person who values his bonds with others the most, didn't realise how much he really felt about the girl he thought he was in love with for years? Bullshit.

It's been written that way purely to prop up Hinata as Naruto's first true love. Nothing is stopping Kishimoto/SP from retroactively dismantling and retconning the manga, but I'm going to firmly disregard any such nonsense.
so are you gonna disregard chapter 3 then?

Frog-fu

Banned
so are you gonna disregard chapter 3 then?

Not at all. I'm disregarding the movie's attempt and retroactively dumbing Naruto down to the point he less emotionally competent than Sai in order to sell us a terribly written pairing and love story.

If the spoilers are correct, apparently, when Hinata confessed, he believed that meant she liked him like he liked ramen.

Try and defend that. Please.

The way you've been going on about this movie and overlooking its flaws purely because it validates your ship, you would probably think this is brilliant writing that's been foreshadowed for years.

Fj0823

I doubt it considering kishi basically wrote/supervised the movie's script. all this does is burying NS even further. I don't see the need for more burials but damn kishi got an agenda against sakura. i wonder if its because sakura was not his design?

He seems Hell bent in presenting Hinata as the one that truly loved Naruto.

And story wise, It makes sense, she loved inn before he was Cool. But damm, Kishimoto's being brutal with his killing of that ship

Guess now that he's free from editors, he wants to give his real creations more importance. Hence the no Sauce

Frog-fu

Banned
Such a waste :/
Code:
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/d3f257f6186bf289bbf400a5863e2210/tumblr_n6m9vkqWgk1r0wmgdo1_1280.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/939be33c55956123e69265aa297c0343/tumblr_n6m9vkqWgk1r0wmgdo3_1280.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/b19a52a500ff31a16c724831f456848f/tumblr_n6m9vkqWgk1r0wmgdo4_1280.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/04642f05d0b1d67eb95f5378bca779e6/tumblr_n6m9vkqWgk1r0wmgdo5_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/f3bc8189de52559bbf31736fadfc50f9/tumblr_n6m9vkqWgk1r0wmgdo6_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/761ffef28b9f1ddf2e27d80a52e009b6/tumblr_n6m9vkqWgk1r0wmgdo7_1280.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/991317d1cc9e049c0464b0ba381da98d/tumblr_n6m9vkqWgk1r0wmgdo8_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/82a480c4dfd6e86420cb899e3cc6b2b6/tumblr_n6m9vkqWgk1r0wmgdo9_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/93a29595e962dd93bf9345e228722965/tumblr_n6m9vkqWgk1r0wmgdo10_1280.png[/IMG]

It would've been awesome to see these two interact in the manga. Karin must've known he was an Uzumaki given his last name and chakra. I don't think Naruto knew she related to him though. It would've been awesome if, after being betrayed by Sasuke, that Naruto would approach her for info and then the two of them would come to have a bond of their own.

Shouta

Just because it's a new thread doesn't mean it changes forums. As I said before, I'm watching, stay civil.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Such a waste :/

It would've been awesome to see these two interact in the manga. Karin must've known he was an Uzumaki given his last name and chakra. I don't think Naruto knew she related to him though. It would've been awesome if, after being betrayed by Sasuke, that Naruto would approach her for info and then the two of them would come to have a bond of their own.

LOL I never understood why they never met. Kishi gonna Kishi.

Turok_TTZ

Not at all. I'm disregarding the movie's attempt and retroactively dumbing Naruto down to the point he less emotionally competent than Sai in order to sell us a terribly written pairing and love story.

If the spoilers are correct, apparently, when Hinata confessed, he believed that meant she liked him like he liked ramen.

You're seriously suggesting Naruto, the #1 knucklehead of the leaf, to not be oblivious to matters of romance? Naruto is a smart guy cone the fighting but anywhere else he is an idiot. hell. even sakura said so in the last. Naruto always was a dense idiot. why the shock? we're talking about a guy who didnt even knew the full potential of his signature shadow clones till kakashi spelled it out for him some 200-300 plus chapters later. love is often the most confusing for many. why should naruto be the exception to the mold?

The way you've been going on about this movie and overlooking its flaws purely because it validates your ship, you would probably think this is brilliant writing that's been foreshadowed for years.
No. I take this movie for what it is. If I wanted better writing and less headaches, I'll read Togashi's Yu Yu Hakusho or Hunter x Hunter.
if i wanted better romance, kimi no todoke or usotsuki lily.

I kept my expectations low and so far that has payed dividends. i think the movie will be fantastic all things considered. it could have been so much worse.

foreshadowed? absolutely. to deny the foreshadow is to deny reading the manga. ofc, one always interprets differently

you have your interpretation of the manga. I have mine. NH was undercooked and it could have been so much better. but i am content regardless because though the moments were few, they all carried weight that wasnt surpassed and ultimately, was vindicated.

y'all expect too much from kishi imo. but lets just agree to disagree.

kishi didnt create taka. so I understand why karin was an afterthought later on.

Turok_TTZ

I see the last naruto the movie as kishi celebrating his original designs. tarnish not sakura and sasuke roles be minor. i guess he must have enjoyed the free reign for a change.

LiLCruz

Neo Member

This is proven to be false spoilers.

Frog-fu

Banned

Remember when it was hinted she had done something to Sasuke that he didn't know about? Suigetsu knew what it was and was threatening to spill it.

There's so much that was discarded over the course of the manga. It's a real shame.

They did meet, albeit briefly. She even commented on his chakra.

She never actually spoke to him, and that's pre-e shit considering she had some interaction Sakura and even with Kakashi, but none with Naruto. :/

I wonder what Naruto would've thought of her chakra chains, considering they're identical to that of his mother.

If anything it should have been Nagato.

omfd, how did I forget about this? I call BS on Nagato not knowing his Uzumaki heritage. No way he didn't learn about it at some point. C'mon, son.

I think the Naruto/Karin dynamic would've been more fun to read considering their personalities and the fact she was a part of Sasuke's crew.

Still, would've been even better if they were all made aware of their ties and did something with it. What point was there in Kishimoto revealing Nagato was an Uzumaki after he had died if he wasn't going to do anything with it? Ditto for Karin. Why reveal she was an Uzumaki hundreds of chapters later if he wasn't going to do anything with it?

Pein

Banned
Damn, thats some good Karin art, dat ass doe.

Also anyone else notice Naruto's rasengan is now in the manga color?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Just because it's a new thread doesn't mean it changes forums. As I said before, I'm watching, stay civil.
Ah, the original OT was in the main forum to begin with. I thought OTs had a grace period? Regardless, my mistake.

I-hate-u

seems like everything is around then. game awards, ps event, naruto movie.

Excite. Preparing my vomit bag for high levels of cheese but I think it will be enjoyable.

I don't think we would get movie with subs Dec 6.

That Karin/Naruto thing is kinda silly. Both individuals don't seem to know anything about their clan origins anyway. Naruto's last name should Namikaze anyway.

Stulaw

So.. Naruto Manga |OT2|: Shippuden

There was even a time skip.... I'll shut up.

Naruto Manga |OT2|:
Shippalldone

I'm looking forward to the movie, I've never bothered watching the other movies since they aren't cannon, are any of them good?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yes.

But I prefer my shounen anime energy blue, thank you very much
:eek: My mind is blown! I went and looked it up to be extra 100% sure, and you guys are indeed right.

Volume_52_Cover.png

I kinda like it better yellow.

New thread title: Naruto Manga |OT2| Rasengan is Yellow, WTF

Turok_TTZ

madara is the king of boss. I agree with that NF thread.

even in death, madara had played a role into what would be The Last: Naruto the Movie.

Madara stay winning.

Top Bottom