• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU: Spend €50 on PlayStation Store in March, get a €10 voucher to spend in April

massucci

Banned
I hope Sony doesn't risk a bankrupt after such vouchers. I don't even know if I can handle all those money suddenly in my psn account.

Alixey

Neo Member
It sucks that I bought the Battlefield 1 + TitanFall 2 Deluxe Bundle for 49.99 euros last saturday, days before they started this promotion. Is there anything I can do to be egible for this promo anyway?

brawly

Switzerland aswell, sweet. Just have to check how much you need to spend exactly, since we don't have euros.

spekkeh

Banned
Well I bought Horizon this morning but I didn't get no voucher.

Then again with the state of PSN, I won't be playing it in March seems like either.

JP

That's handy as I was planning on spending more than that anyway.

I can't see it mentioned in the terms but it dies it have to be £50 spent in a single purchase or does it include everything that you spend on multiple items during March?

EDIT:
Ignore me, I'm a fool.
Note that the Qualifying Spend need not be performed in a single transaction but may be performed in a number of transactions during the Promotional Period.
I've already reached the £50 then.

Griss

So if we preordered Horizon does it count? It technically released on the 1st of March here in EU.

If I lost out on 10 euros just because I preordered (I did) I'd be pissed.

tzare

Was going to wait for horizon... But i could not resist, bought a 50€ card for 43 online and bought horizon as i had a few euros left on psn from previous purchases, so a nice deal for me when i get the 10€ voucher.

DrDamn

So if we preordered Horizon does it count? It technically released on the 1st of March here in EU.

If I lost out on 10 euros just because I preordered (I did) I'd be pissed.

Yes it does count. Make sure you buy something else to take you over the £50 if you are in the UK.

black070

Any items available in an Applicable Store (including any pre-order purchases of the Horizon Zero Dawn game completed before the Opening Date).

Sweet ! Looks like I've already qualified. :')

Lime

Do we only get one single voucher or do we get a voucher for every 50 EUR spent? Or do we have to make multiple orders that each have to be above 50 EUR?

Lime

One voucher per person.

You get one voucher for spending a minumum of 50 EUR/GBP

Damn, well at least I'm already covered then thanks to Horizon. If we could've had multiple vouchers, I would've gotten more games that I'm planning to buy anyway (e.g. Persona 5)

hm

i need to re-up ps plus this month so this is very good timing

hope the deal is valid in sweden

Participating countries.

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom.

https://playstation.com/legal/march-cashback

Zakalwe

Banned
Tempting, but I'll get note back via trade in of the physical game when complete.

SP games don't make sense to me for digital purchase unless the discount is massive.

ferunnico

Neo Member
I was on the fence about buying Horizon, but this just made the decision a lot easier. This is the first time I have bought a big triple A title digitally. I've heard a lot about the infamously slow download speed of PSN but maaan... It really is incredibly slow, isn't it? 6/43 GB right now and apparently still 7 hours left :(

I remember hearing the speed can sometimes improve if you restart the system. Does that actually work? Even if it doesn't work the download will just resume and not start over, right?

black070

I was on the fence about buying Horizon, but this just made the decision a lot easier. This is the first time I have bought a big triple A title digitally. I've heard a lot about the infamously slow download speed of PSN but maaan... It really is incredibly slow, isn't it? 6/43 GB right now and apparently still 7 hours left :(

I remember hearing the speed can sometimes improve if you restart the system. Does that actually work? Even if it doesn't work the download will just resume and not start over, right?

Pause and resume, no need to restart the system. Also leaving it in Rest mode speeds it up.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I didn't know about rest mode speeding up downloads. Thanks!
I don't think that's true, and I used to say that too.

The download server you get selected appears to be highly random, so sometimes when you go into rest mode it gets a server that is very quick, or the same edge server you got before, but now it has downloaded more from the server it gets its data from too.
I'm lucky in my region and ISP combination as I most often get servers assigned that are from Akamai and give me at least 73-75mbit/s nowadays. (Being able to select a preferred download server like on Steam would be better, as there I have one that gives me 100mbit/s)

Of course downloading in rest mode guarantees no other game is running (which will slow down game downloads in software) and will use less power (not enormously less.)

So this wont work if I get a €49.99 PS plus card from a store right? Want to renew my PS Plus subscription this month.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So this wont work if I get a €49.99 PS plus card from a store right? Want to renew my PS Plus subscription this month.

I think you'd have to buy the PSN credit and use that to buy the subscription to get it to count towards the total, but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom