• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Erdrick

I expect good things from the Jets this year. Just hope Mason can be decent enough in net to give us proper goaltending for once, and our Defence stays healthy. For the love of Selanne, PLEASE don't take so many boneheaded penalties this season.

Do that, and the Jets will surprise a lot of people. Our front line players look to be able to compete with the best the rest of the NHL has to offer. Wheeler, Little, Perrault, Ehlers, Laine, Scheifele... And of course Byfuglien on the back end is always great for wrecking other teams.

It all starts on Wednesday against the Leafs. Gonna be fun to get back into the thick of things again.

Go Jets!

calder

How come no one talked to Jagr yet?

Several have, but at least a couple asked if he'd sign a PTO and he rightfully told them 'lol no'.

At least one team is showing significant interest right now and I bet he'll sign there in the near term. The Blues make so much sense and they admitted they were talking about it internally so I'd guess them.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Alright Wings... You had your one year playoff break, time to start the new streak. Mantha, Larkin, Rasmusson, the new future.

Solo

This will be the breakout season for Galchenyuk. Count on it.

Maybe, but it probably won't be in Montreal.....tonight he is playing on the third line: Galchenyuk-Holland-Scherbek. At this point Claude and BargainBin would be better served to just tell him "we hate you" to his face.

zroid

Banned
wasn't galchenyuk's breakout season a couple years ago when he scored 30 goals? that's what i was told at the time...

Solo

wasn't galchenyuk's breakout season a couple years ago when he scored 30 goals? that's what i was told at the time...

Yes. And he followed it up with 23 points in the first 25 games last year. Then Kopitar assassinated his knee in December, then he had that awful return from February to April, a mediocre camp so far, and it's been 9 months of questions.

A lot of it is on him, but the coaching staff has also done him NO favours. Neither the old regime nor the new one (which is proving scarily similar to the old one so far). If he were on almost any other team, he'd be consistent and at least a 2C by now. But Montreal are the kings of bungling player development.

Parch

Overheard at Oilers practice by coach McClellan...

"Alright. Who"s kid is that? This is a team practice. You can"t bring your son onto the ice during practice. Wait, what? That"s our first round pick?"

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Snorelax will bring the Stars back into... uh, decency hopefully.

Random prediction time:

The Golden Knights will do worse than the 1974-75 Capitals (8–67–5).

Parch

I'm not so sure. I mean, yeah, they're bad, but they've got some defensive depth to grind out some wins. My random prediction would be that the Knights will not finish last.

Snorelax will bring the Stars back into... uh, decency hopefully.

Random prediction time:

I really doubt that they are THAT bad. They'll go like 20-50-12 or something. Really bad but not terrifically horrible.

Like Parch said, they had D and a goalie. Thatll keep them close against lower echelon teams and a fluke bounce here or there will get them a few wins. They have some skkill up front, but not much of it.

zroid

Banned
going to do the annual update of the allegiance list; i'll use my own discretion for those i can remember, but either way speak up if you think you're a regular poster and aren't already on it

going to have to add an (empty) slot for Vegas too, I guess :d

a916

Here's a trade proposal I've been working on... now bare with me.

To COL
Mathews

To TOR
Siemens
2018 6th Round
2018 2th Round

Oh wait this isn't HF Boards...

Goldobin sent to Utica. Expected, but disappointing to watch him in the preseason. I think even Archibald was better than him.

Upshall going to St. Louis increases Virtanen's chances of making the team.

While another top 5 pick is possible, they look like a better team than last year.

Ondor

Banned
Goldobin sent to Utica. Expected, but disappointing to watch him in the preseason. I think even Archibald was better than him.

Upshall going to St. Louis increases Virtanen's chances of making the team.

While another top 5 pick is possible, they look like a better team than last year.
Is Goldobin the only one cut today or are more cuts coming?

The thing about the avs last preseason was even though they won, every single game was baaaaad. This year about half the games were bad, maybe a little less than half. Our PP is still just insanely terrible though. It's gonna be a better year but with a worthless PP it's still gonna be very painful.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's really, really, disappointing to see PK just do nothing. This is such an opportunity for him to use his platform and fame to bring light to a serious issue and he's just standing by the sidelines. I expected a lot more from him.

Marvie_3

Banned
I really doubt that they are THAT bad. They'll go like 20-50-12 or something. Really bad but not terrifically horrible.

Like Parch said, they had D and a goalie. Thatll keep them close against lower echelon teams and a fluke bounce here or there will get them a few wins. They have some skkill up front, but not much of it.
This. Theyre a better team than any of the last 4 expansion teams. No way theyll be that bad.

Solo

It's really, really, disappointing to see PK just do nothing. This is such an opportunity for him to use his platform and fame to bring light to a serious issue and he's just standing by the sidelines. I expected a lot more from him.

PK cares about his brand. Not taking action against social injustices. Not surprising in the least to see his reaction tbh

Foggy

The thing about the avs last preseason was even though they won, every single game was baaaaad. This year about half the games were bad, maybe a little less than half. Our PP is still just insanely terrible though. It's gonna be a better year but with a worthless PP it's still gonna be very painful.

It all means nada. BJs were undefeated in preseason and were dominant then started the season 0-8. Nothing means nothing.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Athletic just put up an article with an analytic model predicting the Habs win the Atlantic division again. It does a great job of describing the strengths and weaknesses of the team, and the very odd makeup of it, which is what puts off so many people right now. I don't think they win the division, but I don't see them struggling for a wild card spot either.

Foggy

giphy.gif

imBask

Banned
Athletic just put up an article with an analytic model predicting the Habs win the Atlantic division again. It does a great job of describing the strengths and weaknesses of the team, and the very odd makeup of it, which is what puts off so many people right now. I don't think they win the division, but I don't see them struggling for a wild card spot either.

must be a pretty short article

strengths : Carey Price is in net
weaknesses : Carey Price can't play any other position

you just reminded me to subscribe to the website

Reven

Let's go Bruins! Excited about Vegas hockey because I live in Utah so it's an easy drive to go see my team, but the home game ticket prices for the Knights are ridiculous.

Top Bottom