• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother bear KILLS CUB and THEN ITSELF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globox_82

Banned
The Chinese media has reported on an extraordinary account of a mother bear saving her cub from a life of torture by strangling it and then killing itself.

The bears were kept in a farm located in a remote area in the North-West of China. The bears on the farm had their gall bladders milked daily for 'bear bile,' which is used as a remedy in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).

It was reported that the bears are kept in tiny cages known as 'crush cages', as the bears have no room to manoeuvre and are literally crushed.

The bile is harvested by making a permanent hole or fistula in the bears' abdomen and gall bladder.

As the hole is never closed, the animals are suspect to various infections and diseases including tumours, cancers and death from peritonitis.

The bears are fitted with an iron vest, as they often try to kill themselves by hitting their stomach as they are unable to bear the pain

A person who was on the farm in place of a friend witnessed the procedures and told Reminbao.com that they were inhumane.

The witness also claimed that a mother bear broke out its cage when it heard its cub howl in fear before a worker punctured its stomach to milk the bile.

The workers ran away in fear when they saw the mother bear rushing to its cub's side.

Unable to free the cub from its restraints, the mother hugged the cub and eventually strangled it.

It then dropped the cub and ran head-first into a wall, killing itself.

Many TCM practitioners have denounced the use of bear bile in their treatment as there are cheaper herbs and synthetics that can be used in its place.

Bear bile is traditionally used to remove 'heat' from the body as well as treat high fever, liver ailments and sore eyes.
http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Asia/Story/A1Story20110805-292947.html

Monsters! How can they do, makes me wanna cry....

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
fuck China and their bullshit undereducated rural communities killing animals for their fake ass "medicine".

there's a good chance that by the time i have kids old enough to take to a zoo, the tiger section will just be a bunch of pictures.

Clydefrog

I don't want bears to live on this planet anymore

edit: I mean that they should be taken to a new, better planet that treats them well.

UrbanRats

saving her cub from a life of torture
I am very dubious about that.
Might just be she was going fucking nuts due to her physical and psychological condition.
People always tend to anthropomorphize these stories.

hym

Banned
So this Traditional Chinese Medicine, will they get rid of it once all Chinese have electricity and tap water or is this more like Religion.

*reads article*

.................................................................................................................... 0_0

WHAT THE HELLfgsdftncvfdjglnkfpuogesmgaoifedfdslgfdsipfrdfm.

Eusis

Might just be she was going fucking nuts due to her physical and psychological condition.
On the other hand I kind of expect most people, if they had been in the same exact situation, would've lost their shit in a similar manner, so it seem possible the line blurs here.

Ratrat

That and the suicide by wall crashing. Horrible and disgusting practice though.

Gibbo

Sorry but I think it's time we need some black ops task force shit or something to fuck these people up

So fucked up.

The article also states the bears have to wear iron vests because they try to kill themselves, so I don't think the line of reasoning in the article is unbelievable at all. Especially as she killed herself right after.

Also fuck poverty that drives people to poach and torture animals.

This.

zoukka

Sorry but I think it's time we need some black ops task force shit or something to fuck these people up

Go ahead and blow up a few animal testing centres, that are used by cosmetics companies. I bet some are closer to you than china.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I'm Chinese and I know it's not my place to speak for everyone, but I apologize for this disgusting aspect of our culture.

xclaw

If you need to do this to fellow earth dweller to stay alive.... perhaps you shouldn't be alive.

I'm Chinese and I know it's not my place to speak for everyone, but I apologize for this disgusting aspect of our culture.

Not your fault bro. If I apologized every time a Caucasian fucked up, I'd never stop apologizing. Humans are just a bunch of dicks, simple as that.

Mikey Jr.

More of this e bullshit? Where do they come with this? Seems like every other day they are finding new ways to torture animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom