• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King.com also going after The Banner Saga

Xater

Looks like the Candy Crush guys are also going after The Banner Saga. Their argument seems to be that they have games with Saga in the title therefor totally a point of confusion.

Here is the legal document: http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/ttabvue-91214235-OPP-1.pdf

Update 1: I am not a lawyer but I guess these are the important parts.

1dbuqb.png

2viufl.png

3ycu4y.png

49wuhh.png

5j0uyq.png

6eeu6b.png

Update 2: Some tweets that followed the document by Supperannuation

1ark10.png

2hzjoe.png

Update 3: Some more relevant tweets on what Stoic might be able to do, but he isn't a lawyer so who knows.

3r6sn4.png

401sv5.png

55fsou.png

Update 4:
bildschirmfoto2014-01ayqe5.png

bildschirmfoto2014-01wzkxv.png

Update 5:
As I noted in my version of the story, King.com's Saga trademark is currently suspended. So they're just opposing Stoic's filing.

http://www.trademarkia.com/saga-85482736.html

5WWwzSU.jpg

Celegus

Looks like the Candy Crush guys are also going after The Banner Saga. Their argument seems to be that they have games with Saga in the title therefor totally a point of confusion.

But Banner Saga is a good game... I don't see how there could be much confusion.

Lautaro

Oh great some unoriginal assholes going after an indie game. Motherfuckers!

I guess they'll go after some JRPG that has the saga word too, right?

Linkup

I thought Banner Saga was a kickstarter game that started almost a year ago before anyone even heard of candy crush.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I wish someone who's surname is King would trademark the word King

Burger King to shut them down after arguing they were planning on re-releasing their hit games such as Big Bumpin and Sneak King, and thus King.com's claim to the name may cause irreparable brand confusion.

PaulLFC

How can you trademark the word "saga"? Is someone going to trademark the word "the" in relation to games next? How about "of"? Candy Crush is a rip off as it is.

studyguy

Sounds like a whale going after a mouse.
So this is basically the new Rovio, right? Not much beyond Candy Crush Saga rolling for them at the moment? Looks like they're iterating on it twice now, wonder how long this one will go.

Top Bottom