• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
All I can say is, "I'm fucking impressed!"

I'm likely to stick with them and Steam right now due to cheaper deals, stellar service, and trading back in.

When I preordered Tropico 4 and Deus Ex: HR AE, I was supposed to get codes to download Tropico R and Deus Ex: GOTY. I didn't get them.

I tried to tell their customer support, and they didn't understand at first, but I wore the guy down and sent him the notification emails I got that clearly did not have the pre order game codes and they 'CREDITED ME THE AMOUNT'!

In fact, they even gave me a bit more for my troubles as well.

I had 5 from a referral
10 from Deus Ex. GOTY
And then they gave me an extra 20! I'm assuming for Tropico R and the trouble I've been having.

God damn! :D

wilflare

Kuro Madoushi said:
All I can say is, "I'm fucking impressed!"

I'm likely to stick with them and Steam right now due to cheaper deals, stellar service, and trading back in.

When I preordered Tropico 4 and Deus Ex: HR AE, I was supposed to get codes to download Tropico R and Deus Ex: GOTY. I didn't get them.

I tried to tell their customer support, and they didn't understand at first, but I wore the guy down and sent him the notification emails I got that clearly did not have the pre order game codes and they 'CREDITED ME THE AMOUNT'!

In fact, they even gave me a bit more for my troubles as well.

I had 5 from a referral
10 from Deus Ex. GOTY
And then they gave me an extra 20! I'm assuming for Tropico R and the trouble I've been having.

God damn! :D

reminds me of Amazon level of quality Customer Service
hope they keep this up! :D

Ywap

Zomba13 said:
Also pre-ordered Arkham City for just over £20. Used the 20% off summer code. Very nice.

I also went with Dead Island and Arkham City. Excellent choices sir :)

Baha

DarkUSS said:
You can change the currency to USD?

Only if your regional pricing is incorrect. My regional pricing should be in USD (I live in Canada) but it defaulted to GBP. So I submitted a support ticket and they fixed it for me.

Erebus

Baha said:
Only if your regional pricing is incorrect. My regional pricing should be in USD (I live in Canada) but it defaulted to GBP. So I submitted a support ticket and they fixed it for me.
Um OK just wondering.

Wilflare had helped me create an account with USD pricing in time for Deus Ex release but then they suddenly changed the pricing to Euros. I guess you can't really cheat the system. :p

wilflare

DarkUSS said:
Um OK just wondering.

Wilflare had helped me create an account with USD pricing in time for Deus Ex release but then they suddenly changed the pricing to Euros. I guess you can't really cheat the system. :p

:X guess they figured something fishy was going on :/

DoctorWho said:
Couldn't you have them put it on a list of approved vendors?

They told me before that they can't because it's debit and not a credit card. Maybe they've changed it since (this was a different retailer) but yeah it's sort of annoying because I refuse to get a credit card due to the fact I think they're a waste.

gdt

Used 20SUM-MERSA-VINGS to buy Arkham City for $33. AWESOME.

Why does it say AC unlocks 10/21 though? The game comes out the 18th, according to wiki.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
gdt5016 said:
Used 20SUM-MERSA-VINGS to buy Arkham City for $33. AWESOME.

Why does it say AC unlocks 10/21 though? The game comes out the 18th, according to wiki.
European release date.

Spookie

I did PM Evilore but just incase he's off enjoying the weekend. The guys over at GMG are looking to get their account activated so they can offer some customer support (on a Sunday too!)

Linkie

guys so i just bought 2 games but while i was setting up the timer ran out and pop up blocker blocked the pop up ...i have not recieved any emails does that mean the purchase has not gone through?

MNC

So, is it allowed to post referal links now out in the open? Fo shame. I still only have 6 bucks of referals.

Am I screwed on the $5 referral money if I already signed up?

Also, does anyone know if those Dead Island codes are going to expire soon? Should I jump on now or should I be safe until tomorrow (when more reviews poor in)?

Glass Rebel

TenshiOni said:

Also, does anyone know if those Dead Island codes are going to expire soon? Should I jump on now or should I be safe until tomorrow (when more reviews poor in)?

Nah, just make a new account with my referral link ;)

Derrick01

Banned
TenshiOni said:

I guess the code for Dead Island in the OP works until the game launches so you should be ok if you do it tomorrow. I used it today and it still worked, don't know why tomorrow would change anything as it still won't be out.

This may be a dumb question but if I buy Batman, it will still use GFWL and I'll still be able to link it to my Steam via "add application" correct?

Glass Rebel

EternalGamer said:
This may be a dumb question but if I buy Batman, it will still use GFWL and I'll still be able to link it to my Steam via "add application" correct?

Yes and yes. If you mean "Add a Non-Steam game...".

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
EternalGamer said:

Yeah, you should be able to drop it's .exe into your Steam library.

I'm tempted to go through GMG for Batman since I want it day-one. Steam definitely won't be offering it at that cheap.

A little slow here but...

I see that Dead Island has a four day countdown on GMG's front page. I understand this is probably because it's a European website.

So does that mean if you go with GMG you can't play until the 9th?

Snuggler said:
Yeah, you should be able to drop it's .exe into your Steam library.

I'm tempted to go through GMG for Batman since I want it day-one. Steam definitely won't be offering it at that cheap.

If Batman was complete Steamworks with Steam achievements, I would probably still just get it on Steam, but since it is GFWL, I might as well go with Greeman and just add it to my Steam Library manually.

Baha

TenshiOni said:
A little slow here but...

I see that Dead Island has a four day countdown on GMG's front page. I understand this is probably because it's a European website.

So does that mean if you go with GMG you can't play until the 9th?

No, if you enter the key on steam it'll use your region. In NA it'll unlock on the 6th.

Firebrand

They turned the Euros into USD for Sweden? Awesome. I guess I'll be buying a lot of stuff from them in the future.

Too bad I already created an account some months ago without buying anything, now I can't use the referral links unless I make a second account. :/

jediyoshi said:
"Working on the Bethesda contract but can't say anything concrete yet :( /Rob"

]:

Oooh I hope they get it soon enough for a kickass skyrim preorder deal! I'm sure that's what they're aiming to do.

These prices are pretty incredible. Anyone needing a referral link ($5 credit for both of us after your first purchase), pm me.

Manager

Firebrand said:
They turned the Euros into USD for Sweden? Awesome. I guess I'll be buying a lot of stuff from them in the future.

Too bad I already created an account some months ago without buying anything, now I can't use the referral links unless I make a second account. :/

Sing hallelujah! Tons of games for less than 200SEK, this is amazing. Anyone have an idea when this may expire/change to Euro? Or is it planned to be permanent? Read through the posts but I'm not getting it.

hlhbk

Has Batman Arkham City been confirmed to be on Steam? If we preorder it through Greenman do they just give us a key like they did for Deus Ex?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
hlhbk said:
Has Batman Arkham City been confirmed to be on Steam? If we preorder it through Greenman do they just give us a key like they did for Deus Ex?

It's a Games for Windows Live title, so it'll be available to purchase on Steam, but you won't be able to activate a CD-key from another retailer on Steam, since it's not a Steamworks title (like Deus Ex).

hlhbk said:
GFWL only so far... I believe GMG officially said that their version won't have Steam though.

hlhbk said:

No but since it isn't a Steamworks title and wont have Steam achievements, you might as well just buy from Greenman. You can add it to your Team Library manually and all the overlays and features like chat and messaging will probably still work.

Derrick01

Banned
jediyoshi said:
"Working on the Bethesda contract but can't say anything concrete yet :( /Rob"

]:

Damn I hope they get something very soon. I have Rage preordered for $43 on Newegg but I had to get 3 day shipping. Would gladly pay $45 or less to be able to get it on release day.

Top Bottom