• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Fans, I am on your side now. Let us celebrate Nintendo.

That's right, im tired of the Xbots and the Sony Whores. Its time we turn this game around! First id like to say sorry to all the NFans ive crossed. Know that I was obviously befuddled with crappy games on other systems, not really understanding what true fun was.

This is the face of true fun! This is nintendo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vboy1.jpg

jman2050

THis topic deserves to be stickied.

Now we need Drinky to come out of the closet and reveal he's actually Reggie. Then the circle will be complete :)

CoolTrick

Banned
Do you intentionally create these kinds of threads to try and make sure they balloon up and are added to the Forum Archive where you can look back on your "achievements" and feel proud of your pathetic self?

Its not a joke! This is the future! I think the virtual boy was neglected entirely despite being the best Nintendo console. It was all about the future! Everyone shat on it, now these 'safe' consoles and hand helds are getting tons of support for not advancing shit.

DS sucks, stylus crap has been around forever Call me when you can strap it to your face and experience GOOD 3D

Gee, I see how it is. You cant be a Nintendo fan of what Nintendo fans dont like. Well fuck you guys too. VB Forever. REmember that cool robot punch out game?

Yusaku

Little known fact, betamax was a very successful format for video editing and production. Do you know why? Because it was better than VHS. Beta did not beat VHS, but it was hardly a failure.

MiniDiscs are hardly a failure, why would they still be around today? Paricularly before mp3s became popular it was a good replacement for the recordable cassette.

Even if these were failures I'm not sure what it prooves. UMD Movies have already been way more successfull than even Sony could have hoped in the US.

SantaC

Its not a joke! This is the future! I think the virtual boy was neglected entirely despite being the best Nintendo console. It was all about the future! Everyone shat on it, now these 'safe' consoles and hand helds are getting tons of support for not advancing shit.

DS sucks, stylus crap has been around forever Call me when you can strap it to your face and experience GOOD 3D

well Nintendo tried to think ahead with the virtual boy, but sadly it was ahead of it's time and had too many flaws from a technical standpoint. After that failure, Nintendo has gone the safe route.

ninge

gamecube design stolen from betamax tape holder?

0302.jpg

and i think thats enough searching for images of betamax for one day.

Amiga4ever!

SantaC

MrAngryFace said:
It wasnt a failure, the market just wasnt ready for it. In terms of hardware it was superior to everything

wasn't the VB color palette limited to red and black?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
You know what I haven't had in a while?
Big League Chew.

Yusaku

ninge said:
gamecube design stolen from betamax tape holder?

0302.jpg

and i think thats enough searching for images of betamax for one day.

Amiga4ever!

Dude, that's 8-track. (or looks like it anyway)

Also, I was wrong, Betacam was the most common video production format, not Betamax. Silly me.

Wasnt the gameboy limited to monochrome for like ever but everyone still played it. Im talking about the presentation not the color palette. Jesus you guys are dense.

SantaC

MrAngryFace said:
Wasnt the gameboy limited to monochrome for like ever but everyone still played it. Im talking about the presentation not the color palette. Jesus you guys are dense.

ok ok you're right. I forgot about the monochrome colors in GB.

Setanta

What about Microsoft'sConsole:
Msx.png

msx.gif

Can't remember it being a huge success?

And Sega's:
150px-Sg1000.jpg

Dreamcast however was a great system and in my opinion doesn't deserve to be labelled 'Joke'.

And as for the Virtual Boy Controller, it looked great. :)

argon

The VirtualBoy was a good idea, horrible implementation, but not really innovative. It was released in the heyday of the VR fad.

Sooner or later Nintendo should release a true VR portable, with a lightweight visor and 3d polygonal graphics. This would fundamentally change both the console and handheld industry. Hopefully the VB hasn't soured them to the idea.

Every year some new people ask why im not banned blah blah. Ill have you know ive been banned like 8 times. Make ya feel better?

And Argon has it right. It was a fantastic product marred by stupid marketing. Much like the dumbass marketing for Nintendo DS games.

PLAY ON PLAYAZ. Jesus Christ gimme a break.

Top Bottom