• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aussie retailer Big W lists November release date for GTA V on Xbone/PS4

Gruso

9sWiAhx.jpg

Take me bowling if old.

HowZatOZ

Banned
$64 for COD:Ghosts on all 4 platforms? $60 for ACIV and $80 for Infamous? Is all pricing in Australia that extortionate?
Yes, it's called Australian tax and we've tried fighting it for years but people are stupid enough to continue shelling out cash for the ridiculous prices. Though that is actually "good" pricing, usually it's $100.

No one really buys from Big W, they have barely any stock or selection. Only point would be to get the game early cause their staff ignore embargo dates.

The nanny state would probably come down on them if they got it wrong.

This doesn't make sense, Big W is nationwide so how could it be nanny stated.

tuna_love

Banned
Yes, it's called Australian tax and we've tried fighting it for years but people are stupid enough to continue shelling out cash for the ridiculous prices. Though that is actually "good" pricing, usually it's $100.

No one really buys from Big W, they have barely any stock or selection. Only point would be to get the game early cause their staff ignore embargo dates.
I got Mario kart 8 for $48

KAP151

$64 for COD:Ghosts on all 4 platforms? $60 for ACIV and $80 for Infamous? Is all pricing in Australia that extortionate?

The major problem is that there is such a huge discrepency in prices. I pre-ordered Destiny for $55 delivered from an Aussie retailer, while at EB games its $99. Anyone that actually pays EB's prices is insane, but that is close enough to 50% difference.

Big W and other store slike that normally sell games on day 1 for close to cost, as they are banking on you buying someonthing else instore with a much larger mark up.

Add to that the famous Aussie Tax that has been mentioned. GST (tax) aside, we get ripped majorly on all software.

Kayant

Ok so apparently the listing was a mistake?

I don't trust this source too much but this is what they said. Anyone what to verify if this is legit -

Big W, a branch of one of the leading retailers in Australia, has issued an apology regarding the release of Rockstar’s long-awaited remaster, Grand Theft Auto V. The apology states that, while they thought GTA V will release in November, the game actually comes out in Spring 2015.

http://www.gamespresso.com/one-2/au...elease-date-as-2015-issues-apology-for-delay/

Kezen

Banned
Spring 2015.....Fuck.

Fuck my life, Fuck videogames, Fuck the world, Fuck the universe.

FUCK EVERYTHING.

saunderez

Ok so apparently the listing was a mistake?

I don't trust this source too much but this is what they said. Anyone what to verify if this is legit -
I highly doubt it's legit. Even if it's getting delayed it seems ridiculous it's getting delayed until this time next year. I mean it's spring right now. Should've went with autumn it would've been much more believable.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Er, spring 2015 in Australia would be sept-Nov of next year.

Yeah, whoever made up the image forgot to account for the fact that Australia is in the southern hemisphere. The game hasn't been delayed a whole year.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Really hope this isn't true.

The game hasn't been delayed an entire year. I don't have any evidence to support this, of course, but I can say it with confidence in much the same way as I can say that you won't get hit in the head by a meteorite if you were to take a walk around the block at this very moment.

stitch512

Banned

Some of those prices are crazy good. RRP for games is $120 but nobody, not even EB games would dare charge that much. EB games is standard $99 for new release. $44 for Tomb raider and $68 for Sniper elite 3 is a steal here.

Top Bottom