• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earthquake in Japan Magnitude 9.0 (Japan ups nuke crisis to lvl7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Watching CNN...jeez the whole bridge fell in. Its crazy how powerful water is...looks like its moving slow yet it's going faster than you think.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Felt swaying even all the way down here in Kobe. Wild stuff, definitely a big one. Lucky it was so far off shore, tsunami is gonna do the real damage.

Mik2121

Wow, even Osaka is getting a (small) tsunami warning, even though we are in the other side of the coast, sorta.
Tokyo Disney Resort's parking is absolutely flooded too, and that's in Tokyo.

deadbeef

HOLY CRAP at that aerial shot. Mind blown. I couldn't tell what was moving - it was so foreign that I couldn't tell what was happening.

zero_suit said:
No way. Japan is built for strong earthquakes while Indonesia wasn't.

The actual earthquake in Indonesia killed only a small amount, the following Tsunami sent the numbers skyrockting. Japan has buildings built to withstand the quake, but the Tsunami could do the same here - if it is a multi-meter high one then there is not much to stop it.

ramyeon

8.9 is scary as hell. But the richter scale isn't going to tell us how bad the damage and or possible casualties will be. So here's hoping the tsunami isn't as bad as predicted and that everyone over there is staying safe. I have a lot of friends over there from when I was a high school student in Japan so I'm definitely worried.

Wario64 said:
EK6iD.jpg
Glad to see the buildings held. No small feat.

Blackace needs to report in ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom