• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Yeah, I'm playing at launch too. I've grown to enjoy what's there throughout the week, and I hope they make the necessary improvements.

Also, I pre-ordered through PSN, so it's not like I can rescind that anyway.

Ozorov

Yeah, I'm playing at launch too. I've grown to enjoy what's there throughout the week, and I hope they make the necessary improvements.

Also, I pre-ordered through PSN, so it's not like I can rescind that anyway.

Good boy.

Btw, have they confirmed how many maps will be for all modes? I know there will be 11 for Galactic Assault. But I can't find any info about the other modes.

Good boy.

Btw, have they confirmed how many maps will be for all modes? I know there will be 11 for Galactic Assault. But I can't find any info about the other modes.

I just really hope that Strike will have different modes on different maps. For example: Droid run type mode on Death Star, Dropzone type mode on Hoth etc.
The objective on Theed isn't interesting enough to play across all small maps imo.

Ozorov

I just really hope that Strike will have different modes on different maps. For example: Droid run type mode on Death Star, Dropzone type mode on Hoth etc.
The objective on Theed isn't interesting enough to play across all small maps imo.

Since it seems like Galactic Assault will be different on most locations I also hope they will do the same with Strike, as you're saying. The mode on Takodana feels like the last stage in Infiltration from Rogue One-DLC.

Do you mean on Takodana?

Here is a description for all GA-maps:

Naboo - A three stage assault on the capital of Naboo. Squads of droids protect a colossal MTT as it lumbers its way toward the royal palace.
Starkiller base - As the fighter attack rages above Starkiller Base, a cadre of Resistance warriors make a daring raid to rescue prisoners trapped inside the First Order facility.
Kamino - The waves of Kamino crash beneath the slender platforms of the cloning facility as armies of battle droids descend on the artificial island.
Takodana - On Takodana, the First Order moves against Maz Kanata's castle. Resistance forces have taken up a defensive position inside.
Jakku - First Order forces have trapped a group of Resistance fighters within the derelict hull of a crashed Star Destroyer in the desert of Jakku.
Yavin IV - Deep within the Great Temple on Yavin 4 is a secret of key importance to the survival of the Rebellion. But Imperial ground forces have arrived!
Death Star II - As the Battle of Endor rages all around it, an Alliance corvette crashes straight into the Death Star. The surviving Rebels must fight their way out!
Endor - Rebel forces steal an AT-AT walker and use it to demolish an Imperial base.
Hoth - Plodding AT-AT walkers advance toward the Rebel position under air cover as Rebel defenders and their screen of T-47s try to hold the position.
Kashyyyk - As the droid army storms up a beach, Wookiee Warriors and Clone troopers dig in to defend a grounded cruiser.
Tatooine - Imperial stormtroopers rush from shuttles into the crowded streets of Mos Eisley.

MMarston

Kashyyyk - As the droid army storms up a beach, Wookiee Warriors and Clone troopers dig in to defend a grounded cruiser.

Heh, I was just watching the Kashyyk scene again in ROTS, and wouldn't you know it, there was a grounded cruiser.

Never really noticed that before.

MrDaravon

Cross-posting from the Beta OT but it seems like the Beta has been extended, the website is saying it runs through 12pm (EST) on the 11th now, previously said the 9th (today).

Once more unto the breach

rtcn63

|OT| Sorry about the mess

|OT| I got a bad feeling about this

|OT| Use the RNG, Luke

|OT| Cash upfront works to

|OT| A New Nope

Grotar

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| The Loot Crates Strike Back

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| Return of The Loot Crate

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| The Loot Crate Wars

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| Revenge of The Microtransactions

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| The Loot Crate Menace

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| The Loot Crate Awakens

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| The Last Microtransaction

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| Loot Crate One

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| Loot Crates of The Old Republic

MMarston

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| The Loot Crates Strike Back

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| Return of The Loot Crate

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| The Loot Crate Wars

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| Revenge of The Microtransactions

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| The Loot Crate Menace

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| The Loot Crate Awakens

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| The Last Microtransaction

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| Loot Crate One

Star Wars Battlefront 2 |OT| Loot Crates of The Old Republic
Eh, these are incredibly lazy

I will throw my suggestions into the ring:

Star Wars Battlefront II |OT| There's always a bigger whale
Star Wars Battlefront II |OT| Never tell me the odds!
Star Wars Battlefront II |OT| He’s holding a thermal detonator with a 0.15% buff!
Star Wars Battlefront II |OT| I don't like loot crates. They're coarse and rough and irritating and they get everywhere.

Tbh though I think the loot crate thing is blown out of proportion.

Ozorov

Looks pretty good. That droid stun move could be pretty powerful in tight quarters.

Yeah, kinda neat that it's the little droid in the back that is doing the shield also.

Looks like they're putting up new heroes a few days between now. Will update here when there's some heroes we haven't seen yet.

Yeah, kinda neat that it's the little droid in the back that is doing the shield also.

Looks like they're putting up new heroes a few days between now. Will update here when there's some heroes we haven't seen yet.

I wonder if that stun move can be interrupted by shooting the droid?

Chinbo37

Someone in another thread wrote "Crate leads to suffering."

That's the funniest thing I've read in a while. I've been chuckling for a day about that.

MrDaravon

Someone in another thread wrote "Crate leads to suffering."

That's the funniest thing I've read in a while. I've been chuckling for a day about that.

Okay I've thought pretty much all of the loot crate OT title suggestions have been pretty terrible, but that one is actually amazing and I could get behind that.

Last chance for submissions for OT title. No opinions, just submissions, movie quotes preferred.

Current submissions that I am considering:

Sequels are Built on Hope
Crate Leads to Suffering
Let the Past Die. Kill it if You Have to
Begun, the Crate War has

5taquitos

Last chance for submissions for OT title. No opinions, just submissions, movie quotes preferred.

Crate Leads to Suffering
Begun, the Crate War has
This is the only halfway decent one on the list, the rest are terrible (no offense to their creators). Wish I was feeling clever right now.

MrDaravon

Crate Leads to Suffering

Begun, the Crate War has

Either of the bolded are good, I still really enjoy Crate Leads to Suffering though.

WillyFive

Crate Leads to Suffering
Begun, the Crate War has

1, 2, and 4 are good; I'd pick 4 if reviews are negative and 1 if they are positive.

MMarston

Crate Leads to Suffering
Begun, the Crate War has
This one is kinda clunky but

And now, young Skywalker. You will buy.

Single-Player info dropping on October 19th. Mark your calendars, guys.

Also, you can play the campaign in first-person and third-person (confirmed by a Motive dev on Reddit).

dawgparty

Anybody playing the first Battlefront on PS4 in anticipation? I never leveled that far so it's fun to try everything out for real this time. My PSN ID is DAWGPARTY if anyone wants to play.

Voidwolf

Crate Leads to Suffering
Begun, the Crate War has

Straight up movie quotes that I think go great with the return of a good Battlefront game:

Oh, my dear friend. How I've missed you.
Chewie, we're home.

Never tell me the odds! - Get it?
LOOT CRATES

Top Bottom