• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition Director's Cut in development, and maybe another new game at E3

mollipen

The Harvest Moon post-mortem with Yasuhiro Wada just ended, and he kind of dropped a bombshell. I don't the exact quotes, because English translation was coming through a headset, and I didn't fully know what I was hearing until I heard it, but Wada said two things: that Sweary was working on "new chapters" of Deadly Premonition, and that while the PS3 version wasn't released in the West, a PS3 version WOULD be coming from Marvelous, and more may be announced at E3.

So... yeah.

Edit: I have the original Japanese audio recorded, but by the chance I'd have to get into listening to it to check it out, others will probably have said more.

Gamasutra said:
GDC 2012: Deadly Premonition follow-up, enhanced version teased
by Christian Nutt [Console/PC, GDC, Business]
March 8, 2012

GDC 2012: Deadly Premonition follow-up, enhanced version teased
In his GDC presentation on the Harvest Moon series, Deadly Premonition executive producer Yasuhiro Wada teased two new possible installments of the series in collaboration with its director, Swery.

While Wada spent the bulk of his talk reviewing the 16 year history of the farming franchise he created, he touched, on the end, on his future plans with his new company Toybox.

While working at Deadly Premonition's Japanese publisher, Marvelous Entertainment, Wada was the executive producer of the Xbox 360 cult hit. The game was developed by the Osaka-based Access Games and directed by Hidetaka "Swery" Suehiro.

The original game came out on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Japan, but, "We faced some challenges... We weren't able to release the full experience" that was intended, he said. Because of this, the game "was not released on the PS3 in the West."

Despite its weaknesses, he recognizes that the game has "developed a cult following."

He said he hopes to announce that this will change -- hinting at a new, enhanced version of the original game. "We're working on a PS3 release. We still have a few hurdles to overcome, but hopefully we'll be able to show you something at E3," said Wada.

He also said that at his new company, Toybox, he is working with Swery on a new title, and hopes to have news about that at E3, too. He strongly hinted that it would follow in the footsteps of Deadly Premonition without saying anything outright.
Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...remonition_sequel_enhanced_version_teased.php

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
24hIm.jpg

spats

I watched the GB endurance thing for Deadly Premonition (all of them) so I don't really have any interest in playing it, but I'd propably buy a ps3 copy just to support that crazy Swery guy.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
YES! This makes me so happy!!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh my God... Swery! *bow*

I own the JP version for PS3, but I'll definitely buy the English version should it come to fruition. Love this game. :3

Zoibie

Not a surprise, the coffee told me so.

I'm currently watching the GB Endurance Run so this makes me very happy!

Persona7

Banned
I'll buy a copy of the PS3 version to support the dev.

Didn't Swery say he wanted to re-release the game with extra content awhile back?

mollipen

Just talked to Wada - it's going to be a director's cut of the original for PS3, at least in the west. Not sure if an Xbox 360 will or won't be coming.

THIS IS NOT DEADLY PREMONITION 2!

Jokab

DP 1 end-game spoilers:

I wonder what direction they will take the story in. Since York is gone, the game will probably lose some if it's charm. Could it be just another crazy case, this time starring Zach? In that case, the very boxart or just seeing footage of DP2 would probably spoil the first game.

On another note, FUCK YES.

WHAT?! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

i need this NOW!

JG FUCKING WENTWORTH. it's my DP2, and i want it NOW

i already cannot wait to do everything in the game. TWICE

Roll on E3, I played through the JP PS3 version and would absolutely love a chance to play it in English - extra content is the icing on the cake.

DP 1 end-game spoilers:

I wonder what direction they will take the story in. Since York is gone, the game will probably lose some if it's charm. Could it be just another crazy case, this time starring Zach? In that case, the very boxart or just seeing footage of DP2 would probably spoil the first game.

On another note, FUCK YES.

Since this isn't DP2 (yet) then we don't know.

But I do remember something from after DP's release where SWERY said a sequel might just be a completely different plot, but with the same "characters" in it.

frequency

Just talked to Wada - it's going to be a director's cut of the original for PS3, at least in the west. Not sure if an Xbox 360 will or won't be coming.

THIS IS NOT DEADLY PREMONITION 2!

Wonderful. I don't have a 360 and the import price was too high so I never got to play it.

I would pick this up if it's the same price as the 360 one launched at to see what all the talk was about.
Not normally into horrors, but I've heard enough great impressions about the story and characters to put up with the scary stuff.

Top Bottom