• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Natiko

Banned
To be frank, there's simply not enough here to sway me off this lynch. Even if Star came in and confirmed I don't think my opinion would be overly swayed (though I'd potentially be willing to lynch Star instead if people felt that was a smarter move). There's just too much here that's hard to validate without a flip, not to mention the suspicious behavior leading up to this. In a world where Blarg exists I'm not overly keen on accepting random phrases from prior days as some sign to trust people later on. Too easy to make a point to say something slightly random with the intention of later using it for a fake claim.

Sophia

I'll also admit that I picked "Kamen Rider" on the off chance that if CzarSketch was scum, they may kill Sophia instead of us. :D

befriendtheshitoutofy1akrz.png

If anyone is curious, here's the Kamen Rider/Duck Placenta mention on Day 2. It was after Kitsune made the "slip" tho...

Super. So if fep flips scum (and honestly I'd rather see Dr Fran go down instead since I still read fepsune as town), then KK and I are in the crosshairs regardless.

KK, I guess we should go ahead and cook up that duck placenta you've been saving. I'll go ahead and put on some Kamen Rider episodes.

Ourobolus

Banned
To be frank, there's simply not enough here to sway me off this lynch. Even if Star came in and confirmed I don't think my opinion would be overly swayed (though I'd potentially be willing to lynch Star instead if people felt that was a smarter move). There's just too much here that's hard to validate without a flip, not to mention the suspicious behavior leading up to this. In a world where Blarg exists I'm not overly keen on accepting random phrases from prior days as some sign to trust people later on. Too easy to make a point to say something slightly random with the intention of later using it for a fake claim.
Makes sense, but kitty has 100% told you pretty much everything without directly quoting the role PM

Ourobolus

Banned

If anyone is curious, here's the Kamen Rider/Duck Placenta mention on Day 2. It was after Kitsune made the "slip" tho...
Well after FEP did his stupid "bus" comment, I knew I had to say -something- since I knew everyone was gonna look at it as a slip if he flipped scum (even though my current thought was Town, but I wasn't perfectly positive) and that FEP and I were tied together.

It was a last-ditch effort to see if CzarSketch would come in and notice it, but obviously we aren't sure if they even received the message.

So yeah, he flipped scum, so I knew we'd be next up regardless of our townieness.

Natiko

Banned
Makes sense, but kitty has 100% told you pretty much everything without directly quoting the role PM
It's not so much validating the role though if you did flip town that would confirm that scum have been sitting on you which is more info than most mislynches would get us currently. It's more to see if the connections to kit/FEP are valid or not and from there to see if it's worth further pursuing connections to you.

Ourobolus

Banned
It's not so much validating the role though if you did flip town that would confirm that scum have been sitting on you which is more info than most mislynches would get us currently. It's more to see if the connections to kit/FEP are valid or not and from there to see if it's worth further pursuing connections to you.
Like I said to Darryl, fair enough.

So let's say we flip Town. What are your thoughts from the previous days?

Ourobolus

Banned
so you're saying our notes are trash

anyways I'll try looking at how the dead scumpair interacted with everyone else tomorrowish. going to drink this diet coke.
:p

Anyway yeah. I'm out and about the rest of the night (gotta go get Kawl drunk), but I'll get some notes up either late tonight or in the morning.

Sorian

Banned
Oh right, I do remember reading the duck placenta post and wondering what the hell was going on but tossed it as some weird lovers chat inside joke.

Natiko

Banned
Like I said to Darryl, fair enough.

So let's say we flip Town. What are your thoughts from the previous days?
If you flip town then I would continue to have Kark lower down on my list of potential scum. Given that there would be two groups left a notch above the rest - royal/monkey and star/???. Royal's boat will be one I keep a close eye on. Once I saw monkey subbing in I mentioned to nomad that it'll be important to not let monkey flood our impressions of the boat too much due to recency bias. I know from past games she will post far more than say Royal. Would make it easy to overlook Royal's behavior the first two days so I'd probably follow this lead up first barring additional events giving me new leads to follow.

Ourobolus

Banned
vote: ourobolus

Do I need to make a case based on the end of D2 or did you all figure it out by yourself? Seems kind of obvious to me...
Flush is a bit of a blind spot for me. They half-heartedly threw a vote on Sawneeks towards the end of the last day, yet waltzed in at the beginning of this day with the above post.

Ok we also targeted CzarSketch on N1 but they never mentioned it either

So I'm assuming we've been being roleblocked

CzarSketch didn't say much at all so that is a pretty convenient claim, though, wouldn't you say? Why'd you target them n1? Why not just claim since you're possibly going to get turboed?

Well I can confirm I got jack shit in my PMs N1 so

But yeah, I was gone so it's pretty easy to say "Oh we targeted Star and we totally got roleblocked"

Okay I'm here. finally saw Dunkirk, not great, but fine. Anyways from what I skimmed, Ouro is correct. We were silenced which seems to 100 percent confirm what Kark said.

Just to make everything clear.

Me and Ouro are shipping Bowser and Waluigi. Is Bowser and Waluigi dating? I don't know.

We are a Pair of Mailmen.

We can 'mail' a note during each night phase to any pair of our choosing.

Night 1:
We sent a note to CzarSketch. If they received the note we asked one of them to say "The wallaby made me do it" as their first post of the day in Day 2. We promised that if we felt comfortable about them, we'd say "KAMEN RIDER" and "DUCK PLACENTA" in our posts.

Unfortunately CzarSketch didn't say anything relating to a wallaby. Although as things were heating up at the end of Day 2, Ouro said the words Kamen Rider and Duck Placenta anyways in case our pair was near death and CzarSketch somehow popped for help. But no acknowledgment of those words came.

Night 2:
We sent a note to Dr. franconp. If they received the note we asked one of them to say "I love dabbing" as their first post of the day in Day 3. We promised that if we felt comfortable about them, we'd say "BAKA SHINJI" and "UGUU SENPAI". As far as my skimming goes, I don't think franconp or worm said anything about dabbing.

So yeah. Two nights in a row we've supposedly picked a pair that won't acknowledge our notes. So roleblocked maybe?

...And that's what I get for posting before I finished back reading. Yeah, none of this is familiar.

Oh, Ok. I guess you were telling the truth Ouro.

Natiko

Banned
Flush is a bit of a blind spot for me. They half-heartedly threw a vote on Sawneeks towards the end of the last day, yet waltzed in at the beginning of this day with the above post.
The way they rolled in and threw some shade on kit before randomly deciding to vote on Saw/Sorian just felt weak and while they did explain, it still doesn't feel great to me. It feels like both day ends they've been pretty disinterested in what will result. More just talking about other things on the side instead.

Natiko

Banned
Also I'll go ahead and be the one to ask the TRULY pressing question.

Dear Bear,

Where were the advertisements before D3?! I want a refund.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Participant

Burbeting

Banned
Also I'll go ahead and be the one to ask the TRULY pressing question.

Dear Bear,

Where were the advertisements before D3?! I want a refund.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Participant

I am sorry. The advertisements were cancelled due to bear not being around for broadcasting :(.

They will be back!

Sawneeks

Banned
RIP VereDragonz, thank you for giving us a safe Night Phase. ;___;7

Vote: Ourobolus

What gets me the most about Ouro/KK ( besides the overall scum vibes the past 2 Day Phases ) is the way they have both been acting in conjunction with their claimed 'PR'. If their plan was, as Town, to act scummy enough to not get NKed and just kinda 'skirt the line' a bit I don't see why they should just abandon scum hunting all together in order to achieve their goal? Like, Ouro has just been here and making small comments here and there and KK only ever comes in to put down reads where he distrusts everyone and leaves it at that. Scum hunting has been little-to-none from these two and it feels like they are here to react to things and that's it; not something I would expect from a Town PR.

Also I want to know how this:

Well we wanted to target someone with whom we've had some friction, and hope that if it came down to it we could reveal at some point and hopefully assure that pair that we weren't scum. However, apparently nothing we've done has actually gone anywhere, so that didn't work.

Would work, because just sending notes doesn't confirm anything imo.

I also find it interesting that you're very concerned for your survive considering your PR is so, in your own words, 'useless'.

If I'm wrong so be it, but a town flip from you would push Kark/Xbro back off my radar (The way their votes fell yesterday does not leave a great impression). At that point there will be very few groups left that I even slightly scum lean. On the other hand if you do flip scum as I expect then Kark looks very suspect.

What happened to this? You seemed pretty adamant on Ty.

The way they rolled in and threw some shade on kit before randomly deciding to vote on Saw/Sorian just felt weak and while they did explain, it still doesn't feel great to me. It feels like both day ends they've been pretty disinterested in what will result. More just talking about other things on the side instead.

I also did want to say I agree with this. I Town Leaned on Flush on Day 1 and for most of Day 2 but going back and seeing Day End this struck me as well. Monkey is already hot out of the gate and I like a majority of her questions so far so I'm not entirely sure where I put them anymore but I do want to keep a close eye on Flush.

Ourobolus

Banned
We've hardly worked in tandem. Just kinda did our own thing and every now and again ping each other in our chat. We aren't usually both active during the same time of day so it didn't work out easily.

Ourobolus

Banned
And yes I'm aware that just sending messages isn't automatically a Town role. There's literally nothing we can do in a message that would prove our alignment.

Sawneeks

Banned
Also want to say I feel better about Dr. Fran overall.

Kits' read on them, and Fran's subsequent argument with her, is what seemed to kickstart the whole lynch so I have a really hard time seeing them as W/W. The only way I see that working is some Scum bus plan to make Dr. Fran look super Townie by sacrificing Kit but nothing they have done has really set off my scum radar and Sorian feels good about Fran so I'm willing to chalk them up as Town for now.

We've hardly worked in tandem. Just kinda did our own thing and every now and again ping each other in our chat. We aren't usually both active during the same time of day so it didn't work out easily.

You know this is fitting into my theory of 'you guys aren't trying to figure out the game' right?

And yes I'm aware that just sending messages isn't automatically a Town role. There's literally nothing we can do in a message that would prove our alignment.

Then why even bring it up as a possibility at all?

Ourobolus

Banned
Also sure I would rather we lynch someone else for a chance to hit scum, but like I said, it seems we ate two roleblocks, which is a win in my book.

I know it must have been difficult for you to lynch your teammate though, Saw.

Ourobolus

Banned
You know this is fitting into my theory of 'you guys aren't trying to figure out the game' right?

Then why even bring it up as a possibility at all?

We are, just maybe not the same way you are.

And it wasn't a possibility of proving our alignment. The hope was that we could get some people to realize we sent the messages once we assessed their towniness. Like a "circle of trust" concept. Obviously that didn't work out since no one appears to have received our messages, but it's not a whole lot we can do with the role outside of stuff like that.

Darryl

Banned
The roleblocker is obviously scum because of the virgin flip. There are probably 2 scum left. 2 night actions. One of those had to have been to call for the lynch on Verel. Ouro would have had to have been roleblocked. This basically forces the silencer to be town/neutral for this scenario to make sense unless there are 4 scum or scum can use their night actions as well as call for a lynch.

Can't see any way to spin that stuff into anything tangible other than that a town/neutral player thinks Ouro is scum and wants to shut em up. Also that we might not have any fears of scum messing up our town night actions other than to block them

Looking at the votes, Ouro and FEP would look like they'd have to be team mates to be acting how they are by avoiding voting. So, either we've caught two teams or we haven't caught any. I kinda think we haven't caught any and that they are both town.

This is the post I made talking about Ouro/FEP. I think my reasoning was that they were refusing to vote for each other. It isn't a one-sided defense (Ouro vouching for FEP/Kit because they think they're town), they both did it. Now that we know kitfep is scum, it is very bizarre that they wouldn't have tried to lynch Ouro if Ouro was town. They should've acted in self-interest. I don't think my thinking really holds up tho. I got mixed reads re-reading it. At some points, they do seem to be having a back and forth. FEP does kneejerk vote for Ouro even if they immediately withdrew it. FEP might have realized they were shooting their defense force in the foot and that things only got more grim if they voted (town) Ouro. In this scenario though (ouro town), all the scum teammates are MIA and it's very strange so I still lean towards them being scum.

Sawneeks

Banned
Also sure I would rather we lynch someone else for a chance to hit scum, but like I said, it seems we ate two roleblocks, which is a win in my book.

alright, i'll humor you.

who else do you want to lynch? bonus points if you say someone other than Sorian and myself.

I know it must have been difficult for you to lynch your teammate though, Saw.

i'll have you know I only cried about it for 32 minutes

We are, just maybe not the same way you are.

And it wasn't a possibility of proving our alignment. The hope was that we could get some people to realize we sent the messages once we assessed their towniness. Like a "circle of trust" concept. Obviously that didn't work out since no one appears to have received our messages, but it's not a whole lot we can do with the role outside of stuff like that.

sure doesn't look like it from my end.

also i'm pretty sure you're the second ( ? ) person to bring that up and I'm not entirely sure what that phrase means.

Natiko

Banned
What happened to this? You seemed pretty adamant on Ty.
Just looking through D2 at how much Ty was settled on kit. Bussing is a thing, but I don't see why scum Ty would do it to that extent. The only thing that gives me pause is Trigger waiting until so late to join in on it, but Trigger isn't around a ton in general. The kit flip went a long way towards my opinion of Ty this game.

Sawneeks

Banned
The roleblocker is obviously scum because of the virgin flip. There are probably 2 scum left. 2 night actions. One of those had to have been to call for the lynch on Verel. Ouro would have had to have been roleblocked. This basically forces the silencer to be town/neutral for this scenario to make sense unless there are 4 scum or scum can use their night actions as well as call for a lynch.

This is assuming Ouro is telling the truth about his role.

But overall I actually agree with you.

If anyone else said it I dunno. It's a pretty common phrase. And yes of course it didn't work since no one got our messages.

this is the first time I've ever heard that phrase, hence why i asked what it meant.

not sure what you're responding to with the last bit tho.

Just looking through D2 at how much Ty was settled on kit. Bussing is a thing, but I don't see why scum Ty would do it to that extent. The only thing that gives me pause is Trigger waiting until so late to join in on it, but Trigger isn't around a ton in general. The kit flip went a long way towards my opinion of Ty this game.

Thank you.

Saw - I'll get some reads up either late tonight or in the morning. Quick gut preview - Flush is weird too.

Looking forward to it.

Ourobolus

Banned
I misunderstood which part of my previous post you were referring to - disregard.

And yeah, thinking about it -usually- (at least when I make games) only the last scum player remaining gets to both kill and use their night action, so yeah it's totally possible that the silencer is neutral. Still have reservations on it being a townie, but I suppose it's not outside the realm of possibility.

I finished my third stream and someone came and trolled my pineapple pizza intolerance. 👀 But I'm back and catching up. I find Kitty's claim very specific and that makes me want to believe it but scum RB staying there for two days seems odd. I do struggle with that. Like it's a good story but there are holes.

But that leaves me, if I put OK aside for a sec, mainly suspecting Schmuffin, being replaced, and Star, who has a new partner coming in. I have some mild possible leans on Sawrian and Natty Sparks but not enough to lynch today. So I'm gonna do MORE rereading and see what is what. Gotta talk to my boo too, who is probably gonna try to rein me in but we all know I can't be contained. I will find the Darryl posts I mentioned earlier too.

Dr. Worm

Banned
hey Darryl

The three groups who I'm okay to lynch today

3. [m] Fat4all & [m] Sorian
2. [m] TheExodu5 & [m] Fireblend
12. [m] Ourobolus & [m] kingkitty

The four below I want to keep for now

1. [m] Muffin1611 & [f] Samuraischnecke
4. [m] CrimsonFist & [f] Sophia
6. [m] franconp & [m] Dr. Worm
8. [m] Trigger & [m] Ty4on

The reasoning for most of them is gut

you had Schmuffin the "keep" list when you made this post, and later on (I think still D1) you turned around on 'em

what was your thought process there for the shift? was it a particular post?

Dr. Worm

Banned
hey Sorian

Oh right, he shades Worm the entire time. I'm going to stick with my dual read for right now since Muffin being scum only matches up with a Kitsune/Ouro partnership and that would actually be running into the issue that FEP was trying to push.

I reread the context before this post for a few pages a couple of times, and I'm still not totally sure how you reached this conclusion

given that the scenario of a Kitsune/Ouro partnership is looking pretty likely at the moment, could you explain what your thoughts were there again, and what they would be now?

Darryl

Banned
hey Darryl

you had Schmuffin the "keep" list when you made this post, and later on (I think still D1) you turned around on 'em

what was your thought process there for the shift? was it a particular post?

I think they went into my good pile because of the Sorian vs. Muffin thing, where I read Sorian as scum thus inversely read Muffins as town (I had a post about that somewhere but I don't remember what page it was on). I turned onto them when they started trying to bandwagon me 10 minutes before the day ended. This was a huge part as to me trying to get them lynched day #2. My argument against Muffin was that it didn't seem like they were trying. Their lynch attempt on me day #1 was really lazy (go look at it). They didn't try to argue with me when I was debating Sorian/Fat, instead they tried to start a bandwagon when the day was almost over. When they opened day #2 with an argument, I thought that it was really lacking in substance which is why I waited a little bit and hammered into them for it later in the day.

I mean LOOK at these posts, man. This is night day RIGHT before the lynch:

Like, I really don't like the way Darryl defended himself and dragged this whole thing out. And his comment about pressure vote now meaning something is just an excuse to jump on the Kark train.
Fuck it, I'll take Darryl. He's trying to make it seem like he contributed anything by making all of this mess, and I don't like it. Even less than Kark.

VOTE: Darryl

I voted for Kark (who Muffin was voting for) therefore I'm scum!

Well true, but Karks defense to my suspicions are at least seeming honest to me. Your posts make we want to believe you absolutely nothing.

Kark is honest! Darryl is scum!

Shit, rather vote Kark than Orb.

VOTE: Xbro

But wait, no! Fuck it! Vote for Kark! I just said he is hones- nevermind!

Dr. Worm

Banned
hey Ouro

you said they're both top scum

why one over the other?

Oh, I thought you were commenting on the name portmanteaus.

And I'm curious about Sawrian's flip. I feel like their flip will give me a better idea on Muffin's team right now.

that's fair, ok

what were you hoping to get from Sawrian's flip re: Schmuffin? if Schmuffin was Top Scum™ as well, why not just try to flip him directly? how do you feel currently about the alignment of the now-vacant boat?

Ourobolus

Banned
hey Ouro

what were you hoping to get from Sawrian's flip re: Schmuffin? if Schmuffin was Top Scum™ as well, why not just try to flip him directly? how do you feel currently about the alignment of the now-vacant boat?
I am a couple beers in so forgive me but I thought they were arguing and it seemed genuine. I'll have to go back and read.

I know I should refrain from speculation but it screams frustrated Town to me at this point. We'll find out later and I don't have anything against them regardless of alignment.

Dr. Worm

Banned
I think they went into my good pile because of the Sorian vs. Muffin thing, where I read Sorian as scum thus inversely read Muffins as town (I had a post about that somewhere but I don't remember what page it was on). I turned onto them when they started trying to bandwagon me 10 minutes before the day ended. This was a huge part as to me trying to get them lynched day #2. My argument against Muffin was that it didn't seem like they were trying. Their lynch attempt on me day #1 was really lazy (go look at it). They didn't try to argue with me when I was debating Sorian/Fat, instead they tried to start a bandwagon when the day was almost over. When they opened day #2 with an argument, I thought that it was really lacking in substance which is why I waited a little bit and hammered into them for it later in the day.

alright, alright

but then you stopped townreading Sorian when fat4all went in on you, and you voted Sawrian at the end of D2. the way I'm reading your posts, you progressed from "Sorian is making a scum response to a townie post" to "Sorian is scum backing up scum" over the first two days. would you say that's accurate?

just trying to straighten some stuff out here

Darryl

Banned
alright, alright

but then you stopped townreading Sorian when fat4all went in on you, and you voted Sawrian at the end of D2. the way I'm reading your posts, you progressed from "Sorian is making a scum response to a townie post" to "Sorian is scum backing up scum" over the first two days. would you say that's accurate?

just trying to straighten some stuff out here

I was scumreading Sorian pretty much the entire game. That's how I was reading Sorian~Muffin's interactions tho

Dr. Worm

Banned
I was scumreading Sorian pretty much the entire game. That's how I was reading Sorian~Muffin's interactions tho
Okay, yeah

Your Sorian read didn't change, but your Muffin read did, and the change of Muffin's read affected your perception of Sorian's original town read on Muffin

I see y'all honing in on my lover and I can see why you might, especially with Vere/Dragonz as the NK. But let me ask you this: would replacement !scum-me come in like I did with reads and questions or would I go another way? In other words, coming in as a replacement on a scum team, would I play exactly as I have in every other game so far?

Dig into his posts. Everyone probably should still be on the table at this point. But take that into account, too, and the fact that he had a totally absent partner. Old partner wasn't even a presence in the boat; my poor boo was talking to himself.

Now, to deliver on what I promised: Darryl has said a few things that to me feel very pro-town. I don't know that I see him hunting scum in a way I would, mainly because he's been caught in a couple of these weird big arguments, but here:

I don't know where it says that I tried to say you were trying to prove any point at all. That's how I felt arguing with you two last night and we were discussing my actions so my feelings matter. It's really hard to argue with two people who both insist on responding to your every response with a kneejerk. I don't like fueling those flames.

It's like me and you having this discussion right now. No one wants to hear this, dude. You're not gotcha-ing me. You're not fighting yourself out of the fire because you're not in one. If either of us get lynched today, it's me. I don't know what the motive is other than to defend your bruised ego. Neither of us even want to have this discussion. I'm not getting anything out of it because town will refuse to lynch someone whose partner dropped out. This feels incredibly anti-town because we're hogging the discourse and we have a serious decision coming up.

Bold is mine. I feel like it's not something scumDarryl would call attention to. Like I said earlier, I find Darryl a hard read but I think scumDarryl would just let this go. Granted, he has been involved in those other arguments... but he keeps making these kinds of "let's cool its" or "let's not make the discussion bigger." So right now, I'm looking at Darryl as someone who is tunneling a little on different targets. Right now, it's the late Schmuffin and honestly, the more I consider that pair the more I agree that there's just weird behavior there. Is it newbie stuff? Maybe. Does it feel a little OMGUS? Yes, but that doesn't seem like Darryl's MO either. If he's scum, there's something weird as shit going on in scum chat and he's mad but I think he's town and just mad at this game.

But I hadn't realized Darryl was one of the others defending fep (a couple of times, actually, with some reasons, albeit kinda thin ones, unlike Ouro's defense of kits), which made me look at Darryl and fep. He voted there d1 and left it. Darryl also indicated kits and Ouro probably couldn't be same team here. Darryl, if you say Ouro is a viable lynch candidate, I guess you don't feel that way now? I don't disagree with you on Schmuffin-the-past and if they flip scum I think we should look at Sawrian, but I'm curious to hear more from you on other people.

Top Bottom