• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

LiK

Fucking AmiAmi, I decided to just hold off on paying for an order cuz I wasn't sure if another one would be shipping soon. I decided to finally pay when they sent me a reminder last night. Then they send me another payment request a few hours later for another order. Argh.

Artanisix

Fucking AmiAmi, I decided to just hold off on paying for an order cuz I wasn't sure if another one would be shipping soon. I decided to finally pay when they sent me a reminder last night. Then they send me another payment request a few hours later for another order. Argh.

unrelated but i like your avatar, what is it from?

Revoltech Wolverine painted sample. NEED IT.

C9p0DNQV0AABeWi.jpg

Revoltech-Wolverine-Full-Color-002.jpg

Revoltech-Wolverine-Full-Color-001.jpg
BOUGHT

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

PAY FOR THINGSssswadssssssssssssssss

What happened to TruForce? They made that amazing Mega Man X figure then fell off the face of the earth.

Last I heard they wanted to do a ride armor. I'm keeping my ears open!

I can't help myself sometimes.

Don't listen to them, Messi, buy whatever you want all the time all day everyday. Treat yo self!

1upsuper

Does Power Rangers/Super Sentai have a product line similar to the Transformers Masterpiece series? Like, a premium line for its giant robots?

NEO0MJ

Does Power Rangers/Super Sentai have a product line similar to the Transformers Masterpiece series? Like, a premium line for its giant robots?

Closest thing to that is the Legacy Line of Zords. While not the most high end stuff on the market, they're still pretty good. Here's a comparison between the Legacy Dragonzord and the original releases.

But~, there is an upcoming Soul of Chogokin MMPR Megazord, and high end Mecha toys rarely get better than this.

However, at $300 it costs double the most expensive Legacy Megazord, which was the Thunder Megazord. Don't count on more PR Zords coming in the SOC line, though.

Yarbskoo

What's the best place to PO Figma Samus for shipping to the US?

I ordered mine from AmiAmi. Just make sure you're committed to seeing it through since you won't be able to cancel.

They have quite a few shipping options to choose from. I paid about $20 for DHL shipping to the east coast for the Makoto Yuki figma. I just got the shipped notification and it's scheduled to be here Friday.

Also, that Samus is so much sexier than the Other M version it's not even close.
bDj1kxr.jpg

Even if it is expensive and light on accessories.

As a big Metroid fan, I've never liked the Prime series or the suits. I know it's closer to the Snes design than the Other M but it just looks overly bulky and ill-proportioned.

Yarbskoo

^ sweet. Man, seems like the Nintendo Figmas are going up in price.

There's been a pretty clear trend of rising prices. If they ever hit $100 I'm out.

As a big Metroid fan, I've never liked the Prime series or the suits. I know it's closer to the Snes design than the Other M but it just looks overly bulky and ill-proportioned.

I think I'd take any Prime suit over the one from Other M.

The Other M figma is a quality figure though. If they release any more suits my wallet will bleed. Even if they're just Gravity/Phazon Suit recolors.

There's been a pretty clear trend of rising prices. If they ever hit $100 I'm out.

I think I'd take any Prime suit over the one from Other M.

The Other M figma is a quality figure though. If they release any more suits my wallet will bleed. Even if they're just Gravity/Phazon Suit recolors.

Nah, not for me unfortunately. If they made the Snes Varia or Gravity suit however, I'd be all over it.

It's a great figure, probably my favorite of the 4 figma's I have so far, could never get my figure into that pose without her leg falling of though.

Yarbskoo

Nah, not for me unfortunately. If they made the Snes Varia or Gravity suit however, I'd be all over it.

It's a great figure, probably my favorite of the 4 figma's I have so far, could never get my figure into that pose without her leg falling of though.

Yeah, I could get it close, but not quite. I think they like to fudge those poses sometimes.

I wonder if the Prime version will have the same extending hip joints that Zero Suit Samus had. That might help.

25xcnQa.png

1upsuper

Closest thing to that is the Legacy Line of Zords. While not the most high end stuff on the market, they're still pretty good. Here's a comparison between the Legacy Dragonzord and the original releases.

But~, there is an upcoming Soul of Chogokin MMPR Megazord, and high end Mecha toys rarely get better than this.

However, at $300 it costs double the most expensive Legacy Megazord, which was the Thunder Megazord. Don't count on more PR Zords coming in the SOC line, though.

Thank you for the info! That Chogokin looks so good, but $300 is too much for me. I already broke my limit getting MP36. <_<

Quick question!

If shopping through amiami should I go with EMS or DHL? I don't really care about when it arrives but rather as to how much I can save.

One if my preorders already has an updated 30 dollar shipping fee through DHL.

Quick question!

If shopping through amiami should I go with EMS or DHL? I don't really care about when it arrives but rather as to how much I can save.

EMS ain't gonna be cheaper. EMS is basically your "I need it now, take my money" shipping option.

- J - D -

Quick question!

I was pretty reluctant with using DHL for any imported package since they are a courier service like FedEx/UPS and sometimes couriers will charge you a brokerage fee to import your package. Granted, this is dependent on what country you're in and what you bought and the value it's marked as.

I've since had 2 items shipped from AmiAmi using DHL and no extra duty fees so far (to California) and its been cheaper than EMS. Hopefully it will continue that way.

But if you don't care about speed, why not use Registered SAL or Registered Air Packet if those are available? Definitely cheaper.

EMS ain't gonna be cheaper. EMS is basically your "I need it now, take my money" shipping option.
Aw dang.
I was pretty reluctant with using DHL for any imported package since they are a courier service like FedEx/UPS and sometimes couriers will charge you a brokerage fee to import your package. Granted, this is dependent on what country you're in and what you bought and the value it's marked as.

I've since had 2 items shipped from AmiAmi using DHL and no extra duty fees so far (to California) and its been cheaper than EMS. Hopefully it will continue that way.

But if you don't care about speed, why not use Registered SAL or Registered Air Packet if those are available? Definitely cheaper.
Really? But with SAL or Air Packet will I have to worry about it possibly becoming damaged??? I do want the cheaper option but not at the price of the getting the item damaged.

Really? But with SAL or Air Packet will I have to worry about it possibly becoming damaged??? I do want the cheaper option but not at the price of the getting the item damaged.

It's a crapshoot either way. I've never had anything show up damaged in the 5 years or so I've been collecting. Though a giant AmiAmi box did show up with a 4" hole in the side once. That's why they put a ton of packing paper in there. Unfortunately, that does add to the weight, and thus the shipping charges.

Ultimately, shipping method only affects the speed at which it gets to you.

- J - D -

Aw dang.

I haven't been around in this hobby long enough to know if SAL packages have higher odds of getting damaged, though I suppose that makes sense since they are in transit for much longer than an EMS or DHL package. But there's always a chance of package damage with any mailing service.

I dunno. I suppose DHL would be your best bet in this case, but you should get a cost quote for EMS too, just to make sure DHL is indeed cheaper.

kunonabi

I liked the colors of the prime 3 suit but yeah I prefer other m to the prime stuff. Still preordered the prime 3 figma even though I don't like the paint job. Not like I have anything else metroid related to buy.

1upsuper

I liked the colors of the prime 3 suit but yeah I prefer other m to the prime stuff. Still preordered the prime 3 figma even though I don't like the paint job. Not like I have anything else metroid related to buy.

Same. I love the 2D Metroids and never really got into the Prime games, but I'll take whatever I can get at this point.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
DHL has always been way more expensive than EMS whenever I check the prices for shipping my stuff, so I didn't even bother trying it. EMS for life!

Welp I ordered a couple of JoJo Super Action Statues. This is a road I'm not sure I should go down...

JoJo SAS figures are a way of life. I need to take more pictures of mine.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
SAL hasn't showed up damaged for me but it's averaged around 18 days to arrive.
I can live with that.
The cost of EMS is insane and you could pay that and have your stuff get stuck in customs hell anyway.

Thanks for all the answers!

The thing with preorders in amiami is they don't show you the final total until the item is about to be released. It just lets you choose it.

I preordered the Play Arts Kai FFVII Remake Cloud and it just barely showed me the shipping cost and the final total. Price went from about 111 dollars to 144 dollars.

ReBirFh

Aw dang.

Go with SAL registered. It won't show up damaged because they use oversized boxes and depending on the product they put it in the middle with 4 walls of cardboard.

My postal service sucks (Brazil) and I never received anything damaged. About waiting time, I can only complain in regards to the Brazillian Postal Service and the Customs office because the actual packages don't take long to reach the country.

Edit. Never lost a package but all of them were tracked so even if it was lost, they would have to replace.

NEO0MJ

The two times I tried SAL my packages got lost and had to pay EMS afterwards so never again.

Thank you for the info! That Chogokin looks so good, but $300 is too much for me. I already broke my limit getting MP36. <_<

Quick warning, if they sell out they'll be a bitch to find later. Falconzord might enter that territory soon. What are you after in particular?

Top Bottom