• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEFT 4 DEAD -- Revealed (For JPN Nesica Arcade systems)

I believe for awhile now that there was a 'Project Z' game being worked on for the Taito Nesica arcade systems in Japan but, now the official site updated with a teaser revealing that it's a Left 4 Dead game.

http://nesica.net/news/detail/?nid=138

popup.jpg

Site: http://zombie.nesica.net/

There should be more info on it in the near future.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So while Japanese devs/pubs are starting to expand on Steam, Valve decided to take its place in the Japanese arcade market.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I wonder if they'll have an animated opening to the game?

That's a great question. The original's opening cinematic was so iconic for my kids and I, I can't imagine replacing it.Sadly, I can't imagine it making the transition unscathed. This is going to be such a different experience.

Tain

I'd still love to try the HL2 arcade games. A modern (well, kinda modern lol) first person shooter with an arcade game's structure sounds cool to me.

Tain

I honestly didn't realize Taito still did stuff like this, either.

Why can't we get Survivor on Steam? Would be neat.

So doesn't "Death" and "4" have a similarity in Japan? Does Left 4 Dead in Japanese have really good play on words or does it sound dumb?

Wasn't there deathmatch mode in HL2 arcade that also featured the scrapped combine assassins?

jjwjObUMmqMOz.jpg

Always fascinating to see how Valve games are altered overseas.

TalonJH

... I was secretly hoping that it would be reskinned as a "Highschool of the Dead" game when I read the threads title. Oh, I love you so much Japan.
highschool-of-the-dead.jpg

Saikyo

So its 2 girls and 2 guys in the arcade version?

Hope someone can get somehow the models and voice to put as a mod in the pc version...Or who knows, valve itself heh.

BTW there was something about the arcade machine for this game in Square Enix's financial documents that got released a few days ago. Dunno if you guys saw that..

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hmm, definitely using new survivors, but same old maps.

Is there a pic of the cabinet and the control panel?

dahuman

Neo Member
The only thing I've noticed so far from the blacked out characters so far and the videos is: no black guy ^_^;;;;

rrs

Wasn't there deathmatch mode in HL2 arcade that also featured the scrapped combine assassins?

jjwjObUMmqMOz.jpg

Always fascinating to see how Valve games are altered overseas.

Yeah, it's one of the models in the game. It also has a few more neat combine designs in it as well.

Top Bottom