• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV - Abigail Reveal Trailer

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I have to be straight I didn't believe this was a real thing when I first clicked that link. That is... something for sure. Not a fan at all though even if the style looks fun but the character design is just, ugly.

twothreesix

Neo Member
Dunno if he'll turn out fun to play, but I actually like how they're trying new things with the season 2 characters, rather than going the safe route.

Damn Capcom is gettin straight shat on by EVERYONE.

They can't do anything right, right now apparently.

Character looks fine and weird which is what I've come to expect.

Honestly I think its kind of funny. Whether or not it fits, I'm not so sure on. Like Street Fighter is not a stranger to weird looking characters. Blanka, Twelve, Hakan, etc. But at this point I don't think we've had one that is just so inhuman looking by default.

again we have known for ages now that every season 2 character after Akuma will be new to the franchise.

fucking hell man.

I know, it's evo I'm drunk and it's 3am here. Just wish they went with a more interesting person as somebody who loves hosses and stupid characters.

Not a fan of the design. I would prefer the proportions to be a little more even, even if he's still huge as hell. Other than that I do like the idea of a tank like character.

Village

It's a hideous, unappealing design. Rufus v2.

hmmm

Do I like him as much as hugo, god no I want hugo right.

but I don't think he's rufus

But I get folks not liking him

The alt with the dreads look kinda tight, but... yeaaah

I'm just kinda upset people are calling s2 a joke, when the first 3 characters are fine.

He is fucking ridiculous.

I sorta love him.

Definitely way more excited to play him than I was abu0t Kolin or Ed.

Alts look cool too, kinda Mad Max/Hokuto.

Dude is freakin' huge lol! I think he looks okay-ish but the worst outta the S2 roster(though Liono Akuma is pretty ehh too) but I'm actually loving his move set since it looks fun to play. Much more hyped to see Menat and Zeku.

I remember when Capcom had an art department.

They already had Hugo, a huge dude and he looks good. Even in IV.

How the fuck do you even jump over this guy? Is he like Aganos in Killer Instinct?

Mik317

hmmm

Do I like him as much as hugo, god no I want hugo right.

but I don't think he's rufus

But I get folks not liking him

The alt with the dreads look kinda tight, but... yeaaah

I'm just kinda upset people are calling s2 a joke, when the first 3 characters are fine.

Its a street fighter five thread bro

Soulstar

I really like the fact that he's so huge. Just watching him run at my character is going to be terrifying.

Problem won't play him since I don't tend to play big body characters but he seems interesting nonetheless. I also want to reiterate that the stage and theme is awesome.

bumpkin

I think my gripe is how broken huge characters like this look and feel in fighting games. I hate Aganos in Killer Instinct (mainly) for that reason. I also saw someone cite another in that block character from TvC. I just don't get it, I don't under why they made this decision. There is no reason for him not to be Zangief size.

VariantX

As someone who doesn't know much about SF, why is the character so hated? Is there an expectation on character design to be a certain way?

Abigail isn't hated at all, just no one was clamoring for him and its about shit happening outside of the reveal. It makes capcom's decision to make S2 all new characters look REAL iffy when literally your competitors are delivering characters that people want and have a history with. How the fuck does Abigail look next to Jubei or Geese? Jubei would have been the biggest announcement of the day because of the near decade wait for him to be playable if not for Bamco one-upping them with Geese Fucking Howard of all people.

The fact that MADGEAR is literally just scrawled across his armband things is the shit cherry on top of this art direction disaster. So lazy.

There was a time when Capcom was the absolute gold standard in character design. Kinu Nishimura is that busy? Call her up. Just tarnishing the legacy here, smdh.

I cant deny Abigails design is ugly, but he has some charm. His car driving intro and face-flick grab are funny.

45gPPqzpAmTo-MdQCnlI0GbaX2nGWsY61TySb6Rt_uT97yLDqrRkcum6xC0xpx-_fF10OixmlF_LDgMueU3GDTrdpIZE-6Xw1cOkncooThUkxwduSlbuzQx2Xs61YFzHl5ijVwrYFuSWJMYbM7gGo2YNVHxjwLIeSY8JyExd0ALtc6I92Ro-fGtIZMiqoQAmvS8CNUaVmdbsN20Hil5JcO94FJpwnbD-kcI6RUsKO-aKUKAk0B7SjW1eqwDpPFmHubLAENoAvtstQYRe3VDF1p2hy2V-e0mdqMxpt9Z6hc8UR7DwCzRPeVgEip9yI8HosIDE7yNdEomKaGLyHkFFrkLQPKrsrgcySLlX3BntO4b3FU3FSBJGQzjuNOK3waiFsRdTic8Vg15il2k0Qe25WM10iYjWJloozQNv2S8roGjKX4pED2G0NoEAH_TpIM-aAExcWi2Q3V2z2BW8Q0-tQL3p1uMgNujkzLuQerDxeai5fEi1R8QNPrmB8pgSIwEYKHAF-Q7QMh2rZpbo-yz9jkBwpujeTNLu1Zvunqnh-vfx1p8LHvRDL99U9uDifWVoVvF09OxRL9duCVpnMxQc-njhjtPDWk_PWQKGcqQxISqjCSfykCQsItxrOU5dN6M6gK73NmcAQm9I7ouS3FZgxjIXx0GLYnORavexM2wRNod6ZQ=w844-h464-no

Village

There was a time when Capcom was the absolute gold standard in character design. Kinu Nishimura is that busy? Call her up. Just tarnishing the legacy here, smdh.

But nacalli is fine
and ed is fine
and kolin is fine
and laura is... mostly fine

Sf4 had bad designs
sf3 had bad designs
sfa had bad designs
sf2 had bad designs
sf1 is mostly bad designs

One design you don't like isn't tarnishing a legacy

you don't like abigail, that's fine. I'm not too hot on his looks either, but he isn't tarnishing a legacy

Moog_

Neo Member
Design isn't for me but his moveset looks cool and fun at least. I'm just hoping the last two characters will come out a little faster.

Hoping.

Yall need to stop #giantbodyshaming

I think he looks like a ton of fun to play and really stands out compared to any other heavy character in sf. If I had a complaint it would be why make this Abagail when he barely looks like Abagail from FF? Should have just made him a brand new character.

Goodstyle

Not a great character but don't understand the hate.

Anything that slightly deviates from the norm gets hate from the general community. People will slobber for generic trash like Laura, but actively shit on anything that comes across as different. It's either cool broody guys or hot girls to them, anything else can GTFO.

Top Bottom