• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cleveland Indians are the second team in MLB history to win 21 straight games

TraBuch

Banned
The MLB has been around for 114 years and the Indians and the 1935 Cubs are the only teams to ever win 21 straight games.

I know people find baseball boring, but that's pretty fucking cool.

Win tomorrow and they become the only team to win 22 straight games. There's a team that technically has a 26 game streak, but they had a tie game in the middle of that streak so it's bullshit.

Edit: Make that 22 straight wins.

Edit 2: It's over.

Viewt

I'm not really a baseball guy, but that Cubs/Indians Game 7 was one of the most exciting things I've seen on TV in a while. Good for them!

If they somehow don't win the world series it would be a major disappointment for them. Although it wouldn't be surprising considering that city is still paying off karma for coming back from 3-1 against the Warriors a couple years ago.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
They're still shitty.

major-league-theyre-still-shitty.jpg

Call me when they win the World Series.

Unless that happens this will be little more than a trivia question on a future 4PM Indians game.
A team wins the world series every year. Not many teams win 21 games in a row.

It's a stat based game something like this is worth lauding. It's a hell of an achievement. That's almost an entire month of games without losing.

If they somehow don't win the world series it would be a major disappointment for them. Although it wouldn't be surprising considering that city is still paying off karma for coming back from 3-1 against the Warriors a couple years ago.
Why? Baseball is much more random than other sports. The best team definitely won't always win. How often teams lose in general shows that.

I'm not sure how they won but definitely need talent and some nice bounces your way in baseball.

hoserx

A team wins the world series every year. Not many teams win 21 games in a row.

It's a stat based game something like this is worth lauding. It's a hell of an achievement. That's almost an entire month of games without losing.

Agreed. This streak is more amazing than winning a world series because of that.

joethefoo

So the Giants streak is the longest number of games without a loss?

Still kind of cool.

Funny how no one refers to it as a 27 game unbeaten streak. That is because the tie game was replayed the next day in a double header, which the Giants won.

The post you guys are replying to didn't mention anything about what fans would prefer. Just that the 21-game streak is more amazing. Which it is.

Yep. Teams win championships every year, and this record last happened almost 100 years ago. You could call the Patriots unbeaten season and Warriors 73 win seasons more amazing than a run of the mill championship as well. Not what fans prefer, but not like Warriors or Patriots fans really care anyway given how many championships their teams won.

Top Bottom