• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Molyneux's new "game"

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
l1k90.jpg
Upon loading the app, players will be confronted by a giant black cube. When they approach the cube, they find they can tap it and start breaking into it.

The cube is formed of thousands upon thousands of smaller cubes, apparently, and the twist is that it's not just you tapping your way into it - it's every other person using the Curiosity app.

A few shots of it flashed up on screen behind Molyneux and presenter Geoff Keighley and it really does look like a giant black cube suspended in white space.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-04-peter-molyneux-unveils-experimental-curiosity-app

Every player is tapping on the same cube but only one person finds the secret.

untitled-2nyjrc.gif

Bombadil

Banned
"What if there was a cube, and your goal was to break into that cube, with the help of millions of people from around the world? Now, think about that for a second."

Maedhros

Seriously guys? That image is really old. I guess being a lurker for all this time make me remember things.

It was spot on last year, spot on this year, though.

Top Bottom